Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I have 31 different stones and no blade stones for DB or SnS, im at HR80. We'll see if I get one before the quest at HR100.

Dang man...my play time has dropped off at rank 60 but still want to try different weapons. Issue being can't take on tempered elders in shit gear with a high chance of success but don't want to grind none tempered elders and lose out on decorations.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have 31 different stones and no blade stones for DB or SnS, im at HR80. We'll see if I get one before the quest at HR100.

That's literally all I have. Blade/Sword ~x20.

It's hard to care though since tacking on an extra few points per hit on my main hammer set isn't going to make or break fights I'm already blowing through.

--

I really, really hope they do something about multiplayer. Having never really used it aside from SOS here and there (which was also dumb with the kick to char screen when fail to join) the basic multiplayer party system is still so clunky. Having a few co-workers get into the game the last week and change and getting everyone together is a chore.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dang man...my play time has dropped off at rank 60 but still want to try different weapons. Issue being can't take on tempered elders in shit gear with a high chance of success but don't want to grind none tempered elders and lose out on decorations.
You can grind HR30 tempered and still have a chance at Sullied gemstones (warriors), its only the HR50 tempereds that drop the Hero gemstones.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is the watcher armor set for palico the best for a long time? I’ve been wearing it for a while and just beat diablos. After every story mission victory I always go check my upgrades as well as my palico, but everything else is inferior defense wise for my palico.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is the watcher armor set for palico the best for a long time? I’ve been wearing it for a while and just beat diablos. After every story mission victory I always go check my upgrades as well as my palico, but everything else is inferior defense wise for my palico.

It doesn't matter other than for fashion.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Wait, what? Can you explain a little more. I thought my palico needed armor and weapon upgrades to be effective.

Effective in what way?

Weapon wise the only one that has a decent functionality (sleep hammer) might proc 1-2 times a fight if you are really dragging the fight out (15 mins+) which at the point I'm at most fights are sub 5 minutes. I don't think my palico has died once regardless of armor or the damage it takes and I'm currently HR63. It just stops to heal itself and goes back to whatever it's doing. It's good if you want an aggro distraction (which I don't) or want extra loot from plunderblade gadget or doot doot bongo buffs.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just assumed with low defense my palico would be spending all of his time laying on the ground or dead or whatever instead of using his gadgets. Figured high defense keeps him doing his job.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wait, what? Can you explain a little more. I thought my palico needed armor and weapon upgrades to be effective.
Palico is just there to look cute, provide some buffs, inflict status effects (sleep/paralysis) via weapons, and be a momentary distraction. The defense on gear will help, but it is not super important.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I just assumed with low defense my palico would be spending all of his time laying on the ground or dead or whatever instead of using his gadgets. Figured high defense keeps him doing his job.

I wouldn't worry about it either way. Just pick whatever tickles your aesthetic fancy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just in case someone thought a skill named Effluvia Expert would be useful in the Vaal fight, it is useless. The skill itself only works on the "environmental" effluvia within Rotten Vale, it does nothing vs. Vaal's Effluvia Aura he puts out.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
#FashionHunter

vPVlUfs.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Na, the build up leads to some other effect. I had hoped to avoid the dmg ticks from Vaal's aura. Even if you have lvl3 Resist, you'll still take dmg from the environment and Vaal's aura. The resistance will just lower or remove the chance of your HP getting reduced from getting hit by Vaal's Breath or Gas Cloud.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Na, the build up leads to some other effect. I had hoped to avoid the dmg ticks from Vaal's aura. Even if you have lvl3 Resist, you'll still take dmg from the environment and Vaal's aura. The resistance will just lower or remove the chance of your HP getting reduced from getting hit by Vaal's Breath or Gas Cloud.

As long as he can't reduce your HP to half is all the matters, the tick dmg is barely noticeable.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Was doing some optional quests clearout today. The stupid wyvern egg one pissed me off so hard. TWICE Rathian knocked me off as I climbed the vines to the camp to turn in the stupid egg.

I also crafted the Nerg Hunter Horn and the Ice Bow build makes my most hated fight (Xeno) actually pretty fun.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy shit is Gun Lance fun, mush more satisfying that a normal Lance. Not sure how DPS ranks overall vs other weapons, but the combo of smashing my lance on top of the monsters head, then unloading a "clip" on said monster's face finally followed up by a harpoon that triggers additional explosions...A+.

Slight 1st World Rant/Problem:

Completed The White Winds of the New World last night and a bunch of exclamation points then appeared over every fucking person in Astera (and 3rd Fleet). At first I thought great more quests! But nope, just some bullshit congratulations and me with my OCD tendencies cannot leave an exclamation point hanging around so I had to waste the time to click every one.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Messed around with hidden element build last night on SnS, doing much more damage. Got Tempered Kushala down in 6 minutes as sword and shield which was a record for my newbie ass.

Also played my DB blast build, hope they don't nerf blast damage =) Having a shit ton of fun with that setup.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Didn't get to touch it all weekend. So still at 49! Need to grind up and await DLC!

Or make another hunter and chose a completely different weapon, and get your shit kicked in slightly less as you learn the movesets against monsters you are now familiar with. Its an entirely different combat experience to swap it up.