Monster Hunter: World

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's kind of bizarre that they went to all the trouble of inflating attack numbers, using the motion value system, etc. but then didn't bother to even do something as simple as applying the weapon's MV to elemental damage to balance things out.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I just witnessed CantaPerMe92 beat Nerg in 9 min with a LBG. He didn't fire one single shot...

(He clubbed Nerg to death with the butt of his gun).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Finished the main story and got the credits yesterday, around 130 hours. Includes nearly all optional quests. 95% duoed / solo, only fights I did with 4 were Nergigante and the fire elder dragon. 100% insect glaive.

Started doing some arenas with gun lance in the end, but feel like my DPS is so low with that (because I don't know how to play it). Doing the special arenas in the gathering hub was fun since it forces you to use certain sets of weapons. Amazing how every weapon I try feels completely different and fun. Appears I've done the game with the "easiest" weapon, where the only thing you need to learn is not to jump around all the time and use a fast kinsect to get your buffs up quick. Looked up some video tutorials for other weapons and they were more like street fighter combos.

Some questions
- Do the rarity of gems vary between mobs? Done the last fight (Xeno thing) fight twice and have 5 gems. Nerg I have 2 gems from 4-5 fights, while others I've done 10+ with 0.

- Does the Legiana 2x set ability for more loot trigger from every quest? Also, how do they trigger? Does it add a bonus to rarity or amount? I have had two pieces on forever and kind of want to change them, but loot.... Palico also plunders all day every day.

- I am hunter rank 29 now after beating the game and unlocking the cap. Does that rank raise by doing certain quests or is it a level bar now?
---- Which ranks unlock more quests? After beating the game, I got one new assigned quest that is rank 29 with 2x tempered B52s.

- What unlocks more special arena quests? Did the 7 I had before beating the main story and now two more unlocked. Not done them yet, but are there more than 9?
----- For the special arena, do you need to A rank them to get the gems for some of the weapons? Also noticed not all weapons have hunter versions?

- Is there any way to get a steady/easy supply of nourishing extracts? I see they drop from some mobs and sometimes I get them from the safari, but not many. That and Ivy for some reason seem to be the only ones I can't craft or cultivate.

A++ game, though doubt I will double dip for PC. Way too much time invested in one character to start again for the only benefit of added fps and better graphics. Ran the entire game on graphics mode + hdr. Noticed some slowdowns and clear fps drops at times, but didn't see the worth in switching. The few times I switched to FPS mode to try I did notice a graphical decrease, but when 3x mobs were fighting and a B52 rammed into all of them blowing up the world with me in it (as it always does), at no point was that experience more fluid. Basically I noticed the graphical drop, but not the FPS increase. Not worth it to me (would be clearly different if the FPS setting actually went to 60)

Now to play more and do the HR Kirin which I have avoided since his "low" rank when I got that was harder than any hr I had done up until that point.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Finished the main story and got the credits yesterday, around 130 hours. Includes nearly all optional quests. 95% duoed / solo, only fights I did with 4 were Nergigante and the fire elder dragon. 100% insect glaive.

Started doing some arenas with gun lance in the end, but feel like my DPS is so low with that (because I don't know how to play it). Doing the special arenas in the gathering hub was fun since it forces you to use certain sets of weapons. Amazing how every weapon I try feels completely different and fun. Appears I've done the game with the "easiest" weapon, where the only thing you need to learn is not to jump around all the time and use a fast kinsect to get your buffs up quick. Looked up some video tutorials for other weapons and they were more like street fighter combos.

Some questions

- I am hunter rank 29 now after beating the game and unlocking the cap. Does that rank raise by doing certain quests or is it a level bar now?
---- Which ranks unlock more quests? After beating the game, I got one new assigned quest that is rank 29 with 2x tempered B52s.

- What unlocks more special arena quests? Did the 7 I had before beating the main story and now two more unlocked. Not done them yet, but are there more than 9?
----- For the special arena, do you need to A rank them to get the gems for some of the weapons? Also noticed not all weapons have hunter versions?

- Is there any way to get a steady/easy supply of nourishing extracts? I see they drop from some mobs and sometimes I get them from the safari, but not many. That and Ivy for some reason seem to be the only ones I can't craft or cultivate.

A++ game, though doubt I will double dip for PC. Way too much time invested in one character to start again for the only benefit of added fps and better graphics. Ran the entire game on graphics mode + hdr. Noticed some slowdowns and clear fps drops at times, but didn't see the worth in switching. The few times I switched to FPS mode to try I did notice a graphical decrease, but when 3x mobs were fighting and a B52 rammed into all of them blowing up the world with me in it (as it always does), at no point was that experience more fluid. Basically I noticed the graphical drop, but not the FPS increase. Not worth it to me (would be clearly different if the FPS setting actually went to 60)

Now to play more and do the HR Kirin which I have avoided since his "low" rank when I got that was harder than any hr I had done up until that point.

At rank 29 and 49 you will received an assigned quest that will unlock your rank again.

Most of the things that unlock special arenas are capturing monsters. Unlocking other special missions could be several different things; fully researching 12ish(some places say 15, I got it after 12) monsters to 6, fighting 3 tempered elder dragons, doing all optional missions, fighting 5 tier 2 tempered monsters.

I don't know of anyway to easily get nourishing extracts except from fighting the appropriate monsters that drop it. Ship captain might bring it in sometimes and safaris, but those aren't consistent. I believe Odogaron and Paolumu drops it. Might be more than that too but thats just off the top of my head.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The best way was that event quest for decorations, but it ended on Thursday. I have like 100 extracts now thanks to that. Not sure if there's any other easily repeatable things available; they're pretty much only from Odogaron, Paolumu, and Dodogama so I don't think so.

Next they need to put one in that has a Dash Extract reward. Nourishing extracts aren't really that useful, but dashes still are because even the Mushroomancer version of the stamina buff is very short lasting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Some questions
- Do the rarity of gems vary between mobs? Done the last fight (Xeno thing) fight twice and have 5 gems. Nerg I have 2 gems from 4-5 fights, while others I've done 10+ with 0.

- Does the Legiana 2x set ability for more loot trigger from every quest? Also, how do they trigger? Does it add a bonus to rarity or amount? I have had two pieces on forever and kind of want to change them, but loot.... Palico also plunders all day every day.

- Elder Dragon gems just seem to be RNG. If I don't get one by the time I finish the weekly "Limited" bounty, I just use the golden ticket to craft that specific gem.
- Not sure if Legiana's set affects rarity, but for non-Elders I usually ran 3-piece Kirin and capture the monster, this has had a noticeable effect on getting Wyvern gems.
- As far as I know, getting the Special Arena quests to pop you just need to capture that specific monster.
- To get the materials for the Gather Hub Arena armors / weapons, you just need to beat the arena. Your score does affect the amount of materials you get, but even getting a low score will reward you with materials. Those quests are meant for 2ppl, so going in solo won't generate a "solo" mob, they will be the multiplayer version every time (more HP).

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
So I'm HR 55 and I can't get a charge blade warrior stone to drop- but I have 2 Rarity 8s- one for Lance/Gunlance one for Hammer/Horn, thinking of switching to gunlance.

Anyone wanna play just msg me DUDEISNOJOKE and I'll farm whatevs.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I need to finally get back into this, been slaving away at work so only HR 11.

• 1Solidarity

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So I'm HR 55 and I can't get a charge blade warrior stone to drop- but I have 2 Rarity 8s- one for Lance/Gunlance one for Hammer/Horn, thinking of switching to gunlance.

I finnaly got a charge blade stone, after 15 gun stones dropped ... ahwell only thing left for me now is monster Mini/large crowns.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I need to finally get back into this, been slaving away at work so only HR 11.
Same here. I was off this past weekend and got up to HR 10 playing mainly bow and sometimes a long sword. Spent about a day youtubing and reading(wiki) everything about this game since it does a piss poor explanation in game. Just finished killing Odogaron last night and farmed him until I got a full suit. A+++ game.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I have 31 different stones and no blade stones for DB or SnS, im at HR80. We'll see if I get one before the quest at HR100.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have 31 different stones and no blade stones for DB or SnS, im at HR80. We'll see if I get one before the quest at HR100.

Didn't get to touch it all weekend. So still at 49! Need to grind up and await DLC!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
FINALLY got to pick this up now that we are back in the house after renovations. HR 3!!! Loving the Switch Axe. Anjananth is not fun in this game after minimal problems in the beta. Just realized that weapons, armor, and charms probably made him way easier than I thought. Other monsters don't stand a chance against the SA.