Monster Hunter: World

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I been chain killing HR Tobi for my last kadachi bow upgrade all last night and that fucker refuses to drop a wyvren gem. Also I found the quest to track Nergigante but how in the hell I do I find black Diablos? I need her for my next Diablos bow upgrade. On another note I completely forgot about investigations and when I went to the investigation npc I had 216 in my book. When I saw that my OCD kicked in and now it's time to grind the all out. This game is sucking my life away.
I would purge anything off without gold rewards tbh. That thing fills up stupid quick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not to mention once you're HR 13 -> 30++ you're pretty much going to have pages full of purples. Its super easy to AFK a Tempered Investigation thats 50 minutes and get a nice base going.

Almost HR100 not a single blade stone yet, game wants me to go bow. Have multiples of every bow augment and the rare jewels.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention once you're HR 13 -> 30++ you're pretty much going to have pages full of purples. Its super easy to AFK a Tempered Investigation thats 50 minutes and get a nice base going.

Almost HR100 not a single blade stone yet, game wants me to go bow. Have multiples of every bow augment and the rare jewels.

I finally got 1 of 4 needed hammer stones at HR70. The deco grind (without meld save scumming) and weapon stones took my #1 spot for thing I dislike the most about the game above the janky multiplayer system. I've got shit loads of sword/blade stones that will rot until the end of days if they don't offer some option to swap down the line which will probably be more meld bs.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I am just using augment drops to guide my next weapon to make..

Got a rare 8 blade stone? Made fire and ice.
Got 2 rare 6/7 shaft stones? Making Diablos IG

I do have 5 rare 6/7 sword stones...but only use rare 8 GS for those so far. Maybe I'll make Jagras GS..

On a side note, I solo'd tempered Val Hazaak in under 8 minutes last night. I may have played this game too much.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A few days after getting the Nacon Revolution controller for my ps4, I found out there are usb adapters which allow you to use the xbox controller on that ps4. Got that today, and it works like a charm.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
A few days after getting the Nacon Revolution controller for my ps4, I found out there are usb adapters which allow you to use the xbox controller on that ps4. Got that today, and it works like a charm.
Where'd you pickup the Nacon and what were your impressions of it?

Nm looks like they're on amazon now and reviews don't bode well. Sooo. Xbox elite on PS4?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit once you get into HR (high ranking) it's a fucking grind. Honestly I don't mind it cause I can see myself in best in slot or damn near close to it. I know one thing is that I REALLY need better gear cause im getting 1 or 2 shotted easily with 200ish defence. I have a combo of HR Tobi and Barroth gear but it's not still good enough. Any suggestion what set or combo I can use until elders?

I got the final version of my kadachi bow today and now I'm working on my Diablos bow. I just need one more majestic horn and I have enough mats to upgrade to a coilbender and then the galebender. So much fun.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Diablos bows are a terrible waste of mats that would be better used to make a charge blade or hammer. Raw's by far the best option for those weapons, but for bows the only thing raw is better than elemental for is cheesing Nerg like that video I posted last week.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where'd you pickup the Nacon and what were your impressions of it?

Nm looks like they're on amazon now and reviews don't bode well. Sooo. Xbox elite on PS4?
Its good, bigger than a normal xbox controller. The triggers are very stiff though, and the sticks/d-pad are very sensitive to going down instead of left/right in menu's. The adapter is the better, less pricey option, imo.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go for Rathlos if you are bow, the 2pc is very good for elemental bow.
I've been watching Quinn play a lot lately, and his playstyle is so relaxed, but puts out high dmg. He doesn't use DP nor does he Dash around contantly. He uses 4 pieces of Rathalos and Kaiser Gloves. This gives him Weakness 3, and both set bonuses from the Rath set which makes staying close to mobs worthwhile.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been watching Quinn play a lot lately, and his playstyle is so relaxed, but puts out high dmg. He doesn't use DP nor does he Dash around contantly. He uses 4 pieces of Rathalos and Kaiser Gloves. This gives him Weakness 3, and both set bonuses from the Rath set which makes staying close to mobs worthwhile.

From watching Quinn it looks like you really need a Mighty Shot jewel to put out his damage. He does though absolutely wreck everything he goes against, the guy is really good at all of the game.

Got my first blade augment last night, need 2 though to augment my most used and that's just one out of 4.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Found a sharpness jewel last night, gives the Odogaron set bonus. Got me looking into Gun Lance, it i hard building am armor set when you have never used the weapon before.

italica

Trakanon Raider
Found a sharpness jewel last night, gives the Odogaron set bonus. Got me looking into Gun Lance, it i hard building am armor set when you have never used the weapon before.

Gunlance sets depend on what play style you're going for. If you're doing a Burst Fire build (personal favorite), artillery 3 charm, 1 capacity deco for an extra shell, Royal Burst weapon (only Level 4 Normal shell type lance in game). Everything after that is personal preference really.
I like the 3 piece Uragaan set for the "can block normally unblockable attacks" bonus on elders, and the Guard 3 skill at a minimum. Uragaan set is ugly af though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Gunlance sets depend on what play style you're going for. If you're doing a Burst Fire build (personal favorite), artillery 3 charm, 1 capacity deco for an extra shell, Royal Burst weapon (only Level 4 Normal shell type lance in game). Everything after that is personal preference really.
I like the 3 piece Uragaan set for the "can block normally unblockable attacks" bonus on elders, and the Guard 3 skill at a minimum. Uragaan set is ugly af though.
Cool thanks, already have maxed out Uragaan/Baezul set for regular lance play, I kind of like it.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So I picked this game up Saturday, and am up to HR7. I've been dipping into this thread from time to time since the game came out, and I think someone said not to farm too much when you're low. I did farm the monsters in the Ancient Forest a few times, because Anjarnath owned me the first time I fought him. Otherwise I haven't farmed anything else except TziTzi-Ya-Ku (cause I keep running into him, and he's easy to kill).

I just had to use an SoS Flare to kill Paolumu, and then afterward I was fighting Radobaan and took too long, so he ran away from me. I'm using the Insect Glaive, which seemed like a pretty cool weapon when I started. Haven't tried any others yet. The Insect Glaive seems kinda difficult to use. I'm still figuring out how to get the buffs quickly, but sometimes I seem to be right on bosses and completely miss with the L2+Triangle move, and since I miss so often with it, I haven't been able to hit the R2 button often to complete the combo and get the buff. Instead, I dash away a bit and do L2+Circle to get the Kinsect to bring me the buff.

After Radobaan got away from me I thought maybe I needed to upgrade some armor. After a night's sleep, however, I'm thinking I was too passive against him. I mostly let him come to me, trying to avoid his roll and then attacking him when he came out of it. I'm about to give him another try and go a little more HAM. I believe I'm using Barroth helm, a couple of Pukei pieces, and a Tobi piece for armor, and I've got the T4 Pulsar Rod.

Any tips or advice are welcome. I've tried to attack this game as a single player challenge. I figure anything can be killed solo, so that's what I've attempted. Friends have been online a few times and we've done some investigations, but for assignments I've only called help for Paolumu (which seemed like a counter to my Insect Glaive) and the Mudkip guy because he was annoying.

italica

Trakanon Raider
So I picked this game up Saturday, and am up to HR7. I've been dipping into this thread from time to time since the game came out, and I think someone said not to farm too much when you're low. I did farm the monsters in the Ancient Forest a few times, because Anjarnath owned me the first time I fought him. Otherwise I haven't farmed anything else except TziTzi-Ya-Ku (cause I keep running into him, and he's easy to kill).

I just had to use an SoS Flare to kill Paolumu, and then afterward I was fighting Radobaan and took too long, so he ran away from me. I'm using the Insect Glaive, which seemed like a pretty cool weapon when I started. Haven't tried any others yet. The Insect Glaive seems kinda difficult to use. I'm still figuring out how to get the buffs quickly, but sometimes I seem to be right on bosses and completely miss with the L2+Triangle move, and since I miss so often with it, I haven't been able to hit the R2 button often to complete the combo and get the buff. Instead, I dash away a bit and do L2+Circle to get the Kinsect to bring me the buff.

After Radobaan got away from me I thought maybe I needed to upgrade some armor. After a night's sleep, however, I'm thinking I was too passive against him. I mostly let him come to me, trying to avoid his roll and then attacking him when he came out of it. I'm about to give him another try and go a little more HAM. I believe I'm using Barroth helm, a couple of Pukei pieces, and a Tobi piece for armor, and I've got the T4 Pulsar Rod.

Any tips or advice are welcome. I've tried to attack this game as a single player challenge. I figure anything can be killed solo, so that's what I've attempted. Friends have been online a few times and we've done some investigations, but for assignments I've only called help for Paolumu (which seemed like a counter to my Insect Glaive) and the Mudkip guy because he was annoying.

Upgrade your Sever bug along the tree that increases speed, with blast dust effect, and you won't have to stand so close to everything to get send/retrieve the bug for buffs reliably.
Getting all 3 buffs at the same time boosts their individual buffs a little farther, but isn't strictly necessary if you're having a hard time getting them. Always get at least the red buff to extend combos. (I usually get at least red/white, orange can be a bitch on certain monsters. I'm looking at you Bazelguese.)

Flying through the air is great fun, BUT, you should not be doing that all the time. You will do a shit load more damage on the ground in general. After you've mounted a monster twice it seems like it's unlikely you'll get a 3rd mount unless the fight is going pretty long. I mostly just use the air combos for dodging/chasing purposes after that point.

Once your bug is moving reasonably fast don't forget to use the mark ability to send it out to make dust clouds while you're doing your own thing.

Probably a better video out there but this is the one I started with.

IG is garbage vs Diablos. At least in my experience. I ended up making a Gunlance JUST for Diablos bullshit when farming him. No other enemy gave me even half the trouble that asshole does with the IG.