Monster Hunter: World

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching a bow streamer be able to hit a dragon over and over for 160 in the face while I struggle to melee for hits of 70 makes me wonder wtf I love melee.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
I could play tonight probably. Do people actually join the guild session? I normally just join a random online session when i'm playing, my PSN is junun007 feel free to add me. Looking to do tempered elders to start working on augments, but happy to help with other things if needed.

HR59 (or so), normally main hunting horn(5 diff horns maxed) for multiplayer. But have builds for bow, switch axe, SnS, charge blade, glaide, lance, and DBs.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Watching a bow streamer be able to hit a dragon over and over for 160 in the face while I struggle to melee for hits of 70 makes me wonder wtf I love melee.
Was his name Qttsix? I was watching this asian streamer today and he was facerolling through everything. It was ridiculous.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was his name Qttsix? I was watching this asian streamer today and he was facerolling through everything. It was ridiculous.

Quinn something, doing less than 3-4 minute elders on accident with Anjanath bow. He uses the rath 4 pc bonus it seemed to be able to get closer to shoot monsters in the face but still out of their reach.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Quinn something, doing less than 3-4 minute elders on accident with Anjanath bow. He uses the rath 4 pc bonus it seemed to be able to get closer to shoot monsters in the face but still out of their reach.
Quinn37 is who you are talking about. I watched a few of his streams when he was using a charge blade.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quinn37 is who you are talking about. I watched a few of his streams when he was using a charge blade.

Yeah he made some comments too saying CB was the highest DPS hes played with. Pretty insane considering how fast he does kills with that fire bow solo. He almost kept Elder dragons perma stunned, it was really impressive and I'm sure pretty hard to pull off and hes just practiced it 1000x.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yeah he made some comments too saying CB was the highest DPS hes played with. Pretty insane considering how fast he does kills with that fire bow solo. He almost kept Elder dragons perma stunned, it was really impressive and I'm sure pretty hard to pull off and hes just practiced it 1000x.
CB is probably the highest dps weapon in this game. I just don't like the micromanaging feature of the charges. It takes too long for me with my old ass reflexes. Maybe if I practice more it may change my mind. Once you master it with the right gear this is what you can do.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They need to come up with a better speed run target than Nerg. Melee weapons just use rocksteady and palico heals to ignore whatever Nerg is trying to do, which makes it look like a fight against a target dummy. They're never going to beat the best bow times anyway, evasion mantle boosted wall jumps are in a whole different league.

Like this, if you haven't seen it yet:

Sarrow

<Gold Donor>
Hit the credits tonight. Guess now it’s time for the continued grind.

As someone who never once played a game in this series I was pleasantly surprised. There are things that could be done better, sure, but they are relatively minor.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably give any follow up at least a chance to see if it captures the same feeling. This game, for some reason and I can’t quite put my finger on it, very much had that MMO pull to it where you just want to keep playing for that carrot. Very well done because not much is able to grab me like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only issue I have with the game is that the RNG goes from the kind I like (targeted farming, even if super rare you'll eventually get the gem or whatever you need... or just buy it from the melder if you get sick of it and are willing to give up one of your very limited gold prints) to the kind I hate (decorations/augments, pure luck no matter what you do and you might never get what you need).

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is dead. jk. Though on PS4 at the moment it seems dead. Not getting even half a page of SoS requests, let alone Tempered Investigations for the past hour. It is really odd.

Edit: Maybe people are just farming the Tempered event mission. Yet you don't get the extra rewards, so..

Last edited:

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
CB is probably the highest dps weapon in this game. I just don't like the micromanaging feature of the charges. It takes too long for me with my old ass reflexes. Maybe if I practice more it may change my mind.

It takes a lot of practice too get the hang of the attack/charge phials style of play, once you get the hang of it though it comes pretty natural, now Guard Point on the other hand.

also ...

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Game is dead. jk. Though on PS4 at the moment it seems dead. Not getting even half a page of SoS requests, let alone Tempered Investigations for the past hour. It is really odd.

Edit: Maybe people are just farming the Tempered event mission. Yet you don't get the extra rewards, so..

I did public tempereds all night but I hosted the quests. When I watched movies earlier this week I just left a Tempered Kirin investigation running for 45m and then used the last 5 mins for tracks. I filled like 3 pages of HR30+ quests at the end of the night.

LFG tonight HR30+ tempereds if anyone is interested

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I did public tempereds all night but I hosted the quests. When I watched movies earlier this week I just left a Tempered Kirin investigation running for 45m and then used the last 5 mins for tracks. I filled like 3 pages of HR30+ quests at the end of the night.

LFG tonight HR30+ tempereds if anyone is interested
Carry me senpai

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Everything great about MH in one comic.

kulu lawl lu.jpg

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What's the difference engaging monster on a quest versus an expedition? The amount of items drop off them varies or are they the same? Anyway I was doing the expedition to find the pink rathion tracks and ran into Diablo. I hit a flare to kill him faster and someone joined. I noticed there's no death limits cause he died like 6 times due to Diablos charge. Diablos then suddenly went underground and disappered and we couldn't find him.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's the difference engaging monster on a quest versus an expedition? The amount of items drop off them varies or are they the same? Anyway I was doing the expedition to find the pink rathion tracks and ran into Diablo. I hit a flare to kill him faster and someone joined. I noticed there's no death limits cause he died like 6 times due to Diablos charge. Diablos then suddenly went underground and disappered and we couldn't find him.
I think I read somewhere that Assigned mission monsters are the weakest versions of those monsters, while doing an Optional mission will see that same monster be a bit stronger. While on Expedition you will probably encounter a stronger version of the monster you may have fought in an Assigned mission. Also, monsters will "leave the area" after 15-20min of roaming around, but they typically reappear after 5min in my experience.