Monster Hunter: World

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Seriously, fuck Diablos.

Fully upgraded armor to that point in the game (with no indication of elemental weaknesses vs him), armorskin drink, and chef's platter health buff. All of that, and the fucker can still 3 shot me. Also, is there an explanation of the dazed mechanic? It seems like getting hit with 2 of his shots close together dazed me but I couldn't quite figure it out.

Also, I just hit HR 10 after Diablos. Should I just be rushing through assigned missions to unlock cooler gear or farming up the next best weapon? I've done a little farming, but it doesn't seem worthwhile at this point in the game. Is there a point when it really opens up?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, I just hit HR 10 after Diablos. Should I just be rushing through assigned missions to unlock cooler gear or farming up the next best weapon? I've done a little farming, but it doesn't seem worthwhile at this point in the game. Is there a point when it really opens up?

You are just a few fights from things really opening up and unlocking new tiers of upgrades and slots (I just got there last night and only beat st Diablos for the first time Thursday)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just unlocked the A and B armors. I assume I should be buying the armor with 2 mods on it not the armor with slots since I don’t have any jewels or whatever to put in the slots yet? Also, I’m a hammer bro and see people saying to use raw damage hammers. A lot of builds have the diablos 2 hammer (I currently use diablos 1 but will farm mats) but hammer 2 says ice (150) in grey. I thought it wasn’t ideal to use elemental hammers?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I would plow through all the story stuff at least up to HR 49 and only stop to farm if you run into something you just can't kill. I farmed shit and it was a huge amount of time wasted.

Vorph

Just unlocked the A and B armors. I assume I should be buying the armor with 2 mods on it not the armor with slots since I don’t have any jewels or whatever to put in the slots yet? Also, I’m a hammer bro and see people saying to use raw damage hammers. A lot of builds have the diablos 2 hammer (I currently use diablos 1 but will farm mats) but hammer 2 days ice (150) in grey. I thought it wasn’t ideal to use elemental hammers?
Buy the alpha if you care about the other mod at all and the materials aren't hard to farm/it's an item you're not using long term anyway. Or if the difference is just a slot 3 vs. a slot 1 and you don't plan to use very many 3's anyway.

Elemental damage greyed out and in parentheses means that it's only unlocked with a free elem mod. Otherwise it's pure raw. That's why Diablos 2 is the best (and only, really, since ele damage is simply per-hit and not normalized for attack speed at all) for all the big & slow weapon classes besides horn and greatsword. GS doesn't have a Diablos weapon yet, so Jagras is best.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just unlocked the A and B armors. I assume I should be buying the armor with 2 mods on it not the armor with slots since I don’t have any jewels or whatever to put in the slots yet? Also, I’m a hammer bro and see people saying to use raw damage hammers. A lot of builds have the diablos 2 hammer (I currently use diablos 1 but will farm mats) but hammer 2 says ice (150) in grey. I thought it wasn’t ideal to use elemental hammers?
Its elementaless, that is just tje free elemental you can unlock if you want with gear

Vorph

So am I the only pussy that feelz really bad when chasing down injured, limping, moaning, monsters?
That went away the first time Legiana took off before I could use my sling and made me run and climb the whole goddamn map to get to its nest.

But yeah, the trick is to pick up the ammo bits that break off them while fighting and quickly sheathe your weapon and hit them with it. They'll come back and you can just drop a trap on the spot and end it. Or kill an elder dragon without having to deal with the extra boost they get in their lair.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seriously, fuck Diablos.

Fully upgraded armor to that point in the game (with no indication of elemental weaknesses vs him), armorskin drink, and chef's platter health buff. All of that, and the fucker can still 3 shot me. Also, is there an explanation of the dazed mechanic? It seems like getting hit with 2 of his shots close together dazed me but I couldn't quite figure it out.

There are roars, stun and defense down... possibly other abnormal ailments.

1. Earplugs = get roared less. Monsters roar more than other shit so this is the best bet.
  2. Stun/Dazed = get hit in quick succession you will get stunned. Which can lead to getting combo raped by a lot of shit.
  3. Defense Down = When something slams the ground near you it can cause Defense Down where you sort of crawl around for a bit. I believe Flinch prevents this.

For Diablos. He is easily rekt with the Lance because you can just block his burrow attacks and he can't really do anything to you.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So am I the only pussy that feelz really bad when chasing down injured, limping, moaning, monsters?
Hell no make that bitch extinct. I was doing Diablos with a group and Beelzbub decided to show up and then Barroth wanted a turf war. No one had a stink pod to chase Beel or Bartoth away. Your dodging Beelz bombings from the air, Diablos coming from under insta gibbing players and then Barroth running you over. Talk about pure chaos but damn it was sooooo much fun. Gotta love fighting two or more monsters at the same time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to killing the Tempered Kirin. That guy wrecked me twice until I figured out his shit and built Ingot armor.

One shot lightning KO's are bullshit.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I been chain killing HR Tobi for my last kadachi bow upgrade all last night and that fucker refuses to drop a wyvren gem. Also I found the quest to track Nergigante but how in the hell I do I find black Diablos? I need her for my next Diablos bow upgrade. On another note I completely forgot about investigations and when I went to the investigation npc I had 216 in my book. When I saw that my OCD kicked in and now it's time to grind the all out. This game is sucking my life away.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I been chain killing HR Tobi for my last kadachi bow upgrade all last night and that fucker refuses to drop a wyvren gem. Also I found the quest to track Nergigante but how in the hell I do I find black Diablos? I need her for my next Diablos bow upgrade. On another note I completely forgot about investigations and when I went to the investigation npc I had 216 in my book. When I saw that my OCD kicked in and now it's time to grind the all out. This game is sucking my life away.

To save your sanity...I would clear out any that do not reward at least a Gold reward as you will continually get more investigations. After awhile you will start deleting any investigations lower than 6 * as it just becomes a bunch of noise with the 250 cap. I'm currently running with 10 pages and it still feels overwhelming and will probably trim things down more.

Going through the story you will unlock Black Diablos I believe as an Optional, but if you want to farm him ASAP you can always SOS and target him as the monster as people are continually running him. Just be prepared that his brown twin is usually going to decide to join the party, but it's pretty nice seeing 3K horn lock flips/hits they do to each other.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I also have some Temepred Toastera investigations if anyone wants to get fried!

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
So has anyone run into an "uber" version of Tempered mobs? So yesterday a buddy and me were running some Tempered Kushala which we've done dozens of times. So he loaded up a fresh investigation, standard 3 feint, and 3 jewel rewards. Holy fuck, not sure if this was due to a glitch or things are working as intended, but this motherfucker hit like a fucking truck with non-KO attacks. I'm running a G-Lance with, 3 piece Urugaan, 3 Vitality, Mega Armor, food buff and I got one shot. We pugged the 2 other party slots and people were getting one shot left and right.

I don't think this was a string of bad luck, but not sure if anyone ran into something like this before. Maybe it's my imagination, but I think the color of Kushala was a little more bronze than usual...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've found Bharroth drops gems more often than anything else, especially via Capture.

People have said that Investigations will just overwrite older ones as you get them, with higher HR pushing out the lower HR ones. Not sure if this is true or not.