Monster Hunter: World

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those kill times are super impressive. Well done.

Any hammer bros out there in endgame with a recommended armor loadout? I just beat xenojiiva and am looking forward to tempered fights.

Currently using:
Diablos shatterer II
Dragon king eyepatch
Dober mail
Rest is Nergigante

Debating switching hammer to obliteration footfall so I don’t need to wear handicraft charm and can use atk charm instead.

I’ve had crap all for decorations but hope that changes now that I’m on tempered fights.

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok, the tempered mobs that drop streamstones I need to uncap armor can one shot me through defense up L and mega armorskin. What. The. Fuck.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Just got 2 ranged sullied streamstones.

On Deviljho HBG I have currently:

Affinity Augment
Slot Augment

Slot Augment I use because it allows me to have either 3 vitality 3 miasma 3 artillery or 3 atk decorations.

Affinity is worthless because I only use this for cluster and sticky which don't crit. I'm debating on augmenting attack or health over the affinity augment.

If I do attack it'll hit harder but if I health augment I may be able to speedrun faster due to topping off without using items and maintaining peak performance.

Also thinking of somehow adding agitator.

Thoughts?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've gotten to HR 15/16 and I'm gettin kinda burned out already, haha. I've been playing purely Insect Glaive up to this point.

Can't imagine getting to 100+ HR.

Bought a PS Pro just for this game as well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I finally took the plunge yesterday and got this. I had been waiting to get real internet, but I just couldn't any more. This is my first monster hunter, and I didn't know what to expect so I didn't really have any. I do have to say, I'm used to having lock on in my 3rd person action games, and that's going to take some learning for sure. Also trying to figure out what weapon best fits my current skill set. Tried dual blades but I'm not good enough to stay on target yet, for them to be really useful. Liking the long sword right now. But woof I'm really am a lock on scrub and it definitely shows in this game.

• 1Like

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've gotten to HR 15/16 and I'm gettin kinda burned out already, haha. I've been playing purely Insect Glaive up to this point.

Back when I played pretty hardcore I started with IG as well and thought meh. I switched weapons (Lance at the time) and started to have fun through HR 95+ playing other weapons more suited to my play style. Also grouping with others makes the game more enjoyable IMO.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I finally took the plunge yesterday and got this. I had been waiting to get real internet, but I just couldn't any more. This is my first monster hunter, and I didn't know what to expect so I didn't really have any. I do have to say, I'm used to having lock on in my 3rd person action games, and that's going to take some learning for sure. Also trying to figure out what weapon best fits my current skill set. Tried dual blades but I'm not good enough to stay on target yet, for them to be really useful. Liking the long sword right now. But woof I'm really am a lock on scrub and it definitely shows in this game.
Pretty sure you can adjust the lock on settings in the options.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

Change it from focus cam to target cam, then use L1 to lock on when you get disoriented.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Change it from focus cam to target cam, then use L1 to lock on when you get disoriented.

Pretty sure you can adjust the lock on settings in the options.

Damn I wish that was a little better documented (or I'm just a dumbass, that is possible) I was trying to figure out what the difference was last night, but I'm super picky on my camera so I left it alone. Hell, I was pissed my Y couldn't be inverted until after the little scenario of the ship wreck. Thanks a ton to both of you

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Damn I wish that was a little better documented (or I'm just a dumbass, that is possible) I was trying to figure out what the difference was last night, but I'm super picky on my camera so I left it alone. Hell, I was pissed my Y couldn't be inverted until after the little scenario of the ship wreck. Thanks a ton to both of you

To be fair the game has a million options and settings. Also, to be honest I'm not really a fan of either camera type. Focus camera would seem to be the way to go based on description, but the camera lock breaks if you lose sight of the monster, and you have to press L3 again with the monster in view. Target camera is a bit better because at least you can hit L1 to reposition the camera. Ideally, there should be an option that simply always keeps the monster in view.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Back when I played pretty hardcore I started with IG as well and thought meh. I switched weapons (Lance at the time) and started to have fun through HR 95+ playing other weapons more suited to my play style. Also grouping with others makes the game more enjoyable IMO.

Yeah, maybe I need to try another weapon.

I would say ease of grouping is one of MHW's weakest points. Any advice on how to consistently find people to group with?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20180404_211132.jpg

Well I am 100% sure that Health Regen / Slot combo is the best Augment combination by far.

2'12" is 30 seconds faster than my fastest time previously on Tempered Nergigante. Loving it!

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well my newbie ass had a better night last night. I'm kind of staying in the free roam stuff for a bit as I test out different weapons. Forged my first set of armor that makes me look like Kal Drogo (bone). I'm kind of split between longsword and dual blades. I like long swords builder/spender with super duper spenders as well, but I hate how I miss 90% of the time on the builders because I can't aim lol. The dual swords are tits with just going into demon mode and going ape shit and every other stamina bar going into arch demon for even more damage. Sword and shield seem too vanilla to me and I never remember to block. And most of the other stuff is just too big and slow for me to really enjoy.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

I've been pretty much exclusive Insect Glaive, I love it.

Tips for Glaive (you might know them all)
1) Focus on speed on pets above all.
2) With the speed buff, it is much easier to hit areas with R2 which you then can spam the pet with to go in and out. Always try for the head to get the red buff, but try to combine it with white too.
3) Use the "blast" insects for overall best damage.
4) I think the best element to use is Ice. Since it costs money\items to change elements, Ice is overall the best since hardly any (I think only two) mobs are resistant to it, and works well against nearly all.
5) Once you, or anyone else has landed a jump, stop jumping for a while. Your DPS while on ground is far superior.
6) Unlike many other weapons, the glaive does damage while moving on the mobs when you are mounted as well.

Highly recommend playing with others as it is just more fun. Joining quests or sending up SOS flares or just co-oping with a friend. There are so many players that most SOS flares are answered immediately outside of the early on quests. I've done co-op for most of the game. It makes it harder with just two since mobs only scale two ways (single or 4 players), but never really had issues with just two until Nergigante \ Diablo.

If I had soloed everything, I'd probably start burning out at the same time you are.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've been pretty much exclusive Insect Glaive, I love it.

Tips for Glaive (you might know them all)
1) Focus on speed on pets above all.
2) With the speed buff, it is much easier to hit areas with R2 which you then can spam the pet with to go in and out. Always try for the head to get the red buff, but try to combine it with white too.
3) Use the "blast" insects for overall best damage.
4) I think the best element to use is Ice. Since it costs money\items to change elements, Ice is overall the best since hardly any (I think only two) mobs are resistant to it, and works well against nearly all.
5) Once you, or anyone else has landed a jump, stop jumping for a while. Your DPS while on ground is far superior.
6) Unlike many other weapons, the glaive does damage while moving on the mobs when you are mounted as well.

Highly recommend playing with others as it is just more fun. Joining quests or sending up SOS flares or just co-oping with a friend. There are so many players that most SOS flares are answered immediately outside of the early on quests. I've done co-op for most of the game. It makes it harder with just two since mobs only scale two ways (single or 4 players), but never really had issues with just two until Nergigante \ Diablo.

If I had soloed everything, I'd probably start burning out at the same time you are.

Yeah, I've solo'd everything up until Nerg, bc he was hard AF and have a couple (fire/ice) of the highest tier weapons available to me atm with a bit of a hodge-podge of armor, including best helm/gloves for kinsect glaives.

I think the awkwardness of grouping is what has kind of killed it for me at this point. I enjoy the story, I kinda enjoy the farming, I think the combat is smooth as silk, but the grouping mechanism fucking blows.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20180405_203514.jpg

NOLA - I'm sorry. But I can't stop evolving. 1'45" and sure I can hit 1"30, next is getting tempered deviljho down. I solo'd a regular Jho in 2'45" and with Health Regen I think I can do Tempered Jho quickly.

This weekend I'll be on nonstop farming whatever people need as usual, add DUDEISNOJOKE and just shoot a message and I'll kill whatever you need.

We've been playing a lot with people from the forum and it's a fucking blast.

• 1Solidarity

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing this solo for a while now, but slowly. I like it a lot, but I should probably start grouping up to keep it interesting. Currently HR 13 and need to do the Nergigante quest next in the story line. I do have a couple of questions for those of you who have been playing a little more hardcore.

First, are the event quests worth doing? I've been ignoring them in favor of all the assigned and optional quests I still have to finish, but with the spring festival I'm wondering if I should tackle some or all of these.

Second, for Jin, are you accomplishing all of these super fast solo kills with the HBG? If so, I may have to try that out. I'd been using the Sword and Shield for a long time, but recently transitioned to long sword.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Yes I main HBG now - I switched multiple times I also use GS/CB/LS but times are higher. Pretty sure GS/LS could rival it depending if I did some insane shit.

Yes do events you get incredible stuff the event quests right now get you the best great sword in a fifth the time it would take to farm an inferior one up, for example.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Btw I'm 100% sure Augments in terms of awesomeness are:

Health Regen -> Slot/Affinity (depending if weapon has innate negative affinity) -> Attack -> Defense.

Spent a long time doing testing as you can see.