Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
300 hours in and didn't know about buff stacking and manipulation. HBG Damage going up son!

Also got my first Handicraft Gem, now the only ones I haven't seen are Critical Draw, Marathon Runner, and whatever gives Agitator.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20180408_133103.jpg

Thank you to Janx Nola and Hatorade, just got my 5th attack Gem and can do this insane Wyvern Ignition build now.

Still working on tempered Jho and Vaal, posts coming soon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 164438

Thank you to Janx Nola and Hatorade, just got my 5th attack Gem and can do this insane Wyvern Ignition build now.

Still working on tempered Jho and Vaal, posts coming soon.
Man you're a beast. I know you'll be doing them in no time.

I have a question regarding the crafting and reloading combo. What is he crafting first in this speed run video? Is this the way you do it?

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Yes sir crafting level 1 ammo to create level 3 ammo.

Also note He isn't using the HBG I am and is using might seed and mega demondrug as buffs.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What decorations are the best to try and get from the melder? I’ve been sniping a bit using backup saves but it’s not very fun to always be checking. I want to get a few good ones and go back to normal playing.

I know atk decos are great but I’ve never seen one on the melder. Got a protective polish to show up tonight that I sniped. coming up I’ve got a Crit draw and some bow charge extender or something that’s a rarity 8 but not sure if it’s so good I should snipe and bank it (currently only use hammer).

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I dont snipe.

Other forums have too many posts about save data having markings like pokemon games for showing if a gem was reset or not, as well as it can corrupt your save, and third it's just fucking boring and I'd rather take the 2 minutes to kill a monster.

That being said, I dont have a Crit Draw gem in 300+ hours and HR200. I'll get lucky one day.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Seems I missed some thnings I kind of wanted on the spring festival. Oh well!

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m HR 53 now and beat tempered Kirin and normal in the storyline. Nothing else has opened up so not sure what comes next. I’ve heard about hero stones and happened to get a hammer one my first Vaal Hazaak kill tonight (not sure how rare that is but I use hammers exclusively so feeling pretty good about it). Went to use it on my Diablo shatterer but that requires warrior stones. Not sure how I get different ones. Can use the hero hammer stone on my obliterations footfall at least. Don’t know if I should slot it for atk, affinity, or health.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, nice to see they have already released a new monster, and its not a normal monster... but a huge one with its own environment map.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I’m HR 53 now and beat tempered Kirin and normal in the storyline. Nothing else has opened up so not sure what comes next. I’ve heard about hero stones and happened to get a hammer one my first Vaal Hazaak kill tonight (not sure how rare that is but I use hammers exclusively so feeling pretty good about it). Went to use it on my Diablo shatterer but that requires warrior stones. Not sure how I get different ones. Can use the hero hammer stone on my obliterations footfall at least. Don’t know if I should slot it for atk, affinity, or health.

Nice get, Hero Streamstones are more rare than Warrior but the stones needed depends on weapon rarity. I have heard that the health regen augment can be bonkers with big damage weapons and the 3 piece nigergante or hazaak bonuses.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Nice get, Hero Streamstones are more rare than Warrior but the stones needed depends on weapon rarity. I have heard that the health regen augment can be bonkers with big damage weapons and the 3 piece nigergante or hazaak bonuses.
Health augment is great all around. I think the healing is tied to the weapon anmiation frames/speed so weapons like the greatsword get big heals but there's the whole thing of landing those hits. I use it on a lance and its a noticeable amount with every poke.

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So this new Kulve Taroth guy will be available tonight at 8 EST, if I'm reading their release correctly? Been trying to entice my friends into coming back and playing this game. The Spring Blossom event wasn't enough, but maybe this will be.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
- How does "blast" damage type work exactly? I know it's a stack with trigger, but is it resisted in any way like the other elements? Also, what ability amplifies Blast damage? Some say artillery, others say bombardier, and yet others say neither.

- Diablos Sledge II or Magda Flora as a preferred weapon? Is the raw damage on the Diablos sledge more valuable than the blast damage on the Magda Flora?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
- How does "blast" damage type work exactly? I know it's a stack with trigger, but is it resisted in any way like the other elements? Also, what ability amplifies Blast damage? Some say artillery, others say bombardier, and yet others say neither.

- Diablos Sledge II or Magda Flora as a preferred weapon? Is the raw damage on the Diablos sledge more valuable than the blast damage on the Magda Flora?

For blast dmg, there is a "stacking" trigger for it, but after awhile monsters start gaining resistance, think of it as a natural resistance build-up. There is a "Blast Attack" armor skill that will enhance it, armor sets Teo, Bazel, Dodo, Zorah.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Diablos Sledge II and the newer Monster ones are what I run with. I have the Zorah hammer but like I learned. Raw > All else with hammer and Diablos Sledge with no Element Gem provides the highest dmg.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Diablos Sledge II and the newer Monster ones are what I run with. I have the Zorah hammer but like I learned. Raw > All else with hammer and Diablos Sledge with no Element Gem provides the highest dmg.

"no element gem"? Don't get you.

I wish there was some way to actually calculate dps stats, because at least subjectively it seems to me that the Magda Flora is outperforming the Sledge. I don't see any significant difference in base dmg output between the two, but I do see the blast damage trigger fairly frequently. To be honest, I find the dmg calculation system, however its setup, kinda wonky. For instance my Lance has half the attack of my hammer, but for normal attacks they do almost the same damage.

Oh yeah, wtf do I need to trade the Elder Melder for her higher end items (monster parts and gems). I'm like rank 13 and I still haven't run into a single item she'll accept as a melding trade-in for that stuff.

P.S: Fuck DevilJo. Had my first fight with a Black Diablo last night, had him down to an injured state, and then fucking Deviljo shows up out of nowhere to fuck us both up. Wasted a full 10 dung pods to scare him away, but the fucker kept coming back. *rage*

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
"no element gem"? Don't get you.

I wish there was some way to actually calculate dps stats, because at least subjectively it seems to me that the Magda Flora is outperforming the Sledge. I don't see any significant difference in base dmg output between the two, but I do see the blast damage trigger fairly frequently. To be honest, I find the dmg calculation system, however its setup, kinda wonky. For instance my Lance has half the attack of my hammer, but for normal attacks they do almost the same damage.

Oh yeah, wtf do I need to trade the Elder Melder for her higher end items (monster parts and gems). I'm like rank 13 and I still haven't run into a single item she'll accept as a melding trade-in for that stuff.

P.S: Fuck DevilJo. Had my first fight with a Black Diablo last night, had him down to an injured state, and then fucking Deviljo shows up out of nowhere to fuck us both up. Wasted a full 10 dung pods to scare him away, but the fucker kept coming back. *rage*

If you notice on the Diablos Sledge II it has element damage in parenthesis. This means it is, "locked" until you use a free element gem to allow the damage to be used. On the opposite side of the coin you can get a damage boost gem that lets you keep the element locked in exchange for a dmg boost. Yeah I was like 80 hours in when I figured that one out. lol.

• 1Like