Monster Hunter: World

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I removed Artillery and added Vitality and it's actually increased my clear times, mostly because artillery only affects my sticky shots in between clusters. Although in Multiplayer Artillery is God tier.

You can knock out almost any tempered creature with 4-8 sticky bombs on the head/neck, I'm working on adding Slugger in to really help out. Gotta test this weekend.

Ps sorry for broken posts won't happen again.

Cabales

Trakanon Raider
That's good information. I'll work on the events this weekend then I guess. I won't be able to access the highest level ones because my HR is still locked, but I think I can get to all but 4 of them. i may have to give HBG a try too at some point.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yes I main HBG now - I switched multiple times I also use GS/CB/LS but times are higher. Pretty sure GS/LS could rival it depending if I did some insane shit.

Yes do events you get incredible stuff the event quests right now get you the best great sword in a fifth the time it would take to farm an inferior one up, for example.
Which GS are you referring to?

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I removed Artillery and added Vitality and it's actually increased my clear times, mostly because artillery only affects my sticky shots in between clusters. Although in Multiplayer Artillery is God tier.

You can knock out almost any tempered creature with 4-8 sticky bombs on the head/neck, I'm working on adding Slugger in to really help out. Gotta test this weekend.

Ps sorry for broken posts won't happen again.
Been really considering HBG. You're getting awesome kill times and I really want to start getting sub 3-4 minute runs and I doubt I'll ever get it with the lance. Mind on giving me some tips in chat when we're on this weekend for the HBG?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Yeah of course I do some things different than others so I'll gladly help. I'm coming on now and will be on all day. I have every HBG so we can have fun.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Ok cool I'll be on tonight. Gonna catch an afternoon movie with the kids and wife then I'll be on later.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Amazing how much switching from hammer to lance made Diablos trivial. Props to TJT TJT for the suggestion. Kind of an awkward weapon and not nearly as satisfying as hammer, but talk about EZ-mode with that blocking ability.

• 1Solidarity

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started todsy. Just crafted one.
I’ve heard so much about how amazing that new GS is I just crafted one and I use hammers exclusively.

Everyone should make one. Super easy. Just need to do the event to kill Rathian and the puffy ball guy in the arena (rank 6 I think) a few times.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Couple of us on right now... gave me confidence in help getting outside my comfort zone and taking on the world!

20180406_175852.jpg

First try sub 2 min Tempered Teostra. Think it can be 130ish.

Tempered Kushala coming soon, maybe temp deviljho..

Pretty sure a few of us could set the world record if we all got on the headset TBH.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Amazing how much switching from hammer to lance made Diablos trivial. Props to TJT TJT for the suggestion. Kind of an awkward weapon and not nearly as satisfying as hammer, but talk about EZ-mode with that blocking ability.
Dude once you learn lance its not awkward at all and one of my favorite weapons. Do the charge a LOT, not for the charge hits themselves but the charge + triangle(?) hit and the charge turn around hit do some really nice damage. Also the charge jumping hit and its crazy good for mounting.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Couple of us on right now... gave me confidence in help getting outside my comfort zone and taking on the world!

View attachment 164335

First try sub 2 min Tempered Teostra. Think it can be 130ish.

Tempered Kushala coming soon, maybe temp deviljho..

Pretty sure a few of us could set the world record if we all got on the headset TBH.
Damn nice that's impressive. I'm online in party now. Got a bunch of questions to ask.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
20180406_225344.jpg

Jumped in the ring with Ali because I thought I could box!

tempered kushala down bang bang

Now how do I get Vaal below 2...

Been a long night gonna sleep on it and tackle it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Haven’t done the arena before. I’m checking it out to try and get this Wyvern Ignition GS. I don’t see the quest Every Hunter’s Dream though.

All I see are Arena Quest 01-09. Do I need to have done these first, maybe?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I heard there was a Ryu costume event at the arena so I tried it. The mega sized Barroth was such BS with his hitboxes. I beat him but not doing it 6x more to get enough tickets for the costume. Oh well, good way to get the gold crown for Barroth if you need it.

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jin you weren’t kidding about health and regen being important. I got the Vaal Hazak armor set that gives me fast regen and +20 attack when hp is full. I don’t have great decos to go with the set yet, and it only has rank 1 slots, but paired with death stench boots (rank 2 slot for nonelemental deco and +2 innate handicraft) and a diablo shatterer 2 with atk deco I was destroying things (only HR 44 so no tempered elders yet) virtually no downtime needed to drink potions.

• 1Solidarity