Monster Hunter: World

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If you notice on the Diablos Sledge II it has element damage in parenthesis. This means it is, "locked" until you use a free element gem to allow the damage to be used. On the opposite side of the coin you can get a damage boost gem that lets you keep the element locked in exchange for a dmg boost. Yeah I was like 80 hours in when I figured that one out. lol.

Lol I had no clue.. I didn't even notice the parenthesis and just assumed it was doing elemental dmg..

Currently fighting on whether to dump my antiquated Diablos armor already despite the fact that it has "slugger" on it which is obviously tailor made to go along with hammer.

Also, do you know whether you can mix/match alpha/beta armor set pieces and still get the set bonus?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lol I had no clue.. I didn't even notice the parenthesis and just assumed it was doing elemental dmg..

Currently fighting on whether to dump my antiquated Diablos armor already despite the fact that it has "slugger" on it which is obviously tailor made to go along with hammer.

Also, do you know whether you can mix/match alpha/beta armor set pieces and still get the set bonus?

I also prized slugger but discarded the armor once I had gems or the amulet for it.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I also prized slugger but discarded the armor once I had gems or the amulet for it.

Yeah, I have the level 1 slugger amulet, but have been waiting ages for the one missing ??? reagent to upgrade it to lvl 2, and I don't want to spoil what it is by looking it up. Meanwhile, all I ever get are garbage gems.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
man the Kulve siege is fun, reminds me of Raviente alot(alot quicker though, whew wasnt' up for a 6 part siege haha)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Downloading the 3.0 patch atm, but a quick question. Do I need to do all the Deviljho stuff before the Kulve stuff will pop?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Love this game, but am I the only one that gets hard thinking just how much better would be if the monsters/mechanics/combat/crafting were maintained, but the lame story and cutesy Japanese environment was replaced by a gritty, engaging, serious, post-apocalyptic single player storyline?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Ran this quite a bit and hosting sessions all day/night today.

Psn: DUDEISNOJOKE

I run Partbreaker Artillery Vitality HBG so even if you aren't the best yet you'll be fine so have some fun on whatever build you want.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Love this game, but am I the only one that gets hard thinking just how much better would be if the monsters/mechanics/combat/crafting were maintained, but the lame story and cutesy Japanese environment was replaced by a gritty, engaging, serious, post-apocalyptic single player storyline?

Sure. But I like my retarded cute Handler.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I barely played for this Spring Festival. Oh well. I'll come back in a bit I guess. Too many games in the backlog.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>

Agreed 100% however after this is their biggest selling game ever I doubt they will stay far for the next 2 or 3 sequels.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I barely played for this Spring Festival. Oh well. I'll come back in a bit I guess. Too many games in the backlog.

You didn't miss much outside of a now out of top tier Greatsword and a low end palico armor set that is also garbage compared to the new palico gear that dropped yesterday.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You didn't miss much outside of a now out of top tier Greatsword and a low end palico armor set that is also garbage compared to the new palico gear that dropped yesterday.

I hate Greatsword anyway!

• 1Triggered
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kantern

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can someone explain the reward system for the siege. I ran it twice last night (two full sieges to the horns breaking) and I feel like I am being showered with weapons. I got about 12 weapons total in two sieges. Is this normal or is it because I am part of the "killing group" (taking out the horns). Does it allow everyone the chance to take out his horns or does the current siege end once one group completes it?

Also, is it possible to finish this in one run? I feel like every time I start a fresh siege we are smashing him, get to room 2-3, and eventually he just melts the entire room with fire and we fail. Then I go back in again when it progressed further and finish it off.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Can someone explain the reward system for the siege. I ran it twice last night (two full sieges to the horns breaking) and I feel like I am being showered with weapons. I got about 12 weapons total in two sieges. Is this normal or is it because I am part of the "killing group" (taking out the horns). Does it allow everyone the chance to take out his horns or does the current siege end once one group completes it?

Also, is it possible to finish this in one run? I feel like every time I start a fresh siege we are smashing him, get to room 2-3, and eventually he just melts the entire room with fire and we fail. Then I go back in again when it progressed further and finish it off.

Wrong game?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
New patch. Kulve Taroth elder dragon. I had no idea it was out until late last night.

Weapon stats are randomized 100%(hence why your getting troves of them), every weapon from him has a different "base" + the changes to the weapon from him(treasure elder), as far as completing it I'm not excalty sure what causes a fail yet, me and my group ran him 3 times, and we've only had 1 fail(first time) If it's anything like Raveinte it's timed out, if you don't hit certain damage points at each "room" it will probably fail.

• 1Like