Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thanks think I'll try that strat to wear her down.

Does it block the AoE thunder attack too? I know I died to it once unless I was facing the wrong way.

How does multiplayer scaling works? Does it gets more difficult as more people join or there are only two difficulty settings like single player or multiplayer? I wonder if it's the same difficulty doing it monsters with 2 people opposed to 4 people.
It was all non-directional. So I could sit there holding block and I would block any lightning regardless of how I was faced

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hit HR100, last quest is for Kushala + Theostra + Nergigante all tempered and in 50 minutes. Cant SoS and there is nothing else in the zone so its really easy. They even come out 1 by 1 starting with Kushala.

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
What armor should I wear if I’m having difficulty with Nergigante? I’m fighting him for the first time as his own story mission like HR 13 or something. I’ve tried being careful and pick my attack windows but keep carting 3x.

I’m a hammer bro currently Dps focused using diablo 2 hammer with attack boost level 5 and weakness exploit level 2 among other stuff. I’m assuming I need some gear with more defensive stat boosts but not sure what to prioritize.

Last edited:

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I had the same trouble last week. I made the Odogaron set and upgraded each piece 3 or 4 times. Made it so I didn’t get one-shot by his dive.

Edit: I just made the set with the most base defense that was easy to get for me. Figured the raw defense would help, and it definitely did.

Edit 2: Also something I didn’t know about until a couple days ago, that I hadn’t seen mentioned here. Maybe I missed it though. The trader guy in base camp sells a Powercharm and an Armorcharm. They give flat Attack and Armor boosts just from sitting in your inventory. You can upgrade them once, by combining with a beetlejuice talon and then rebuy the original version.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget consumables. Armorskin+ makes a difference over the fight and lasts until you are knocked out or end the mission. The max potion pills are also a great thing to keep on hand even if you have the food buff on as it fully heals you almost instantly.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What armor should I wear if I’m having difficulty with Nergigante? I’m fighting him for the first time as his own story mission like HR 13 or something. I’ve tried being careful and pick my attack windows but keep carting 3x.

I’m a hammer bro currently Dps focused using diablo 2 hammer with attack boost level 5 and weakness exploit level 2 among other stuff. I’m assuming I need some gear with more defensive stat boosts but not sure what to prioritize.
I posted a video awhile back on the surefire way to avoid the dive. Soon as his spikes go black and he does the big roar where he rears back sheath your weapon and run away from him and hit x. You'll do a superman dive and you're pretty much invul until you pick yourself up off the ground.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My best advice is keep practicing. Learn the monsters and how they attack. I carted plenty of times before I killed him. Use your vitality mantle when he's enraged. It will give you a nice buffer of extra health if dives on you. I did Nergigante groups until I got his 3 piece set and upgraded all my gear until I tried him solo. Right now he's a joke and I can kill him easily.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While leveling should I bother with anything other than the assigned quests?

Do the optionals. They are questlines to unlock cantina ingredients and other hunter tools.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
While leveling should I bother with anything other than the assigned quests?

Yeah and I'd make sure to capture every monster so you can unlock the quests instead of back tracking later to figure out what you're missing if you get to the point where you want Rainbow pigment etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I noticed I don't have Korrupt Korrupt 's guild card. Not sure how that could have even happened. Anyone in a squad of active players? Seems like all the OG FoH crew stopped playing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I noticed I don't have Korrupt Korrupt 's guild card. Not sure how that could have even happened. Anyone in a squad of active players? Seems like all the OG FoH crew stopped playing.

Im down to swap over and group up anytime, PM me in Discord. Shit I have a metric ton of tempered 50's and 30's some are 5-6 reward I can throw out there.

Dont we get the Devil dude soon too?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Please critique my build:

20180313_144421.jpg
20180313_144339.jpg
20180313_144524.jpg
20180313_144305.jpg

I interchange Grinder Decos and Critical Eye Decos to put my Sharpening down / get my Affinity to 101% (Weakness Exploit + 51% base)

Debating on removing the Affinity Augment and going Slot Augment so I can add a 3rd Speed Sharpening Deco.

Also debating removing Affinity augment and adding Health Regen augment while swapping out Sharpening Decos to get Recovery Up Decos and gain 20% lifesteal. I would swap Vitality Mantle for Affinity Booster here.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I still play too Begaro on psn. Feel free to add me. I'm working on some sets myself so always down to kill things. Fuck tempered kirin though. I have failed like 5x with 32 thunder resistance. Pisses me off.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I still play too Begaro on psn. Feel free to add me. I'm working on some sets myself so always down to kill things. Fuck tempered kirin though. I have failed like 5x with 32 thunder resistance. Pisses me off.
Saw you on the other night but didnt want to be that guy that randomly joins and fucks up your solo game ^^ I'll be sure to join if you leave open slots when you start up a quest.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Saw you on the other night but didnt want to be that guy that randomly joins and fucks up your solo game ^^ I'll be sure to join if you leave open slots when you start up a quest.

Feel free, I usually just fire off SOS no matter what I'm working on because I like having other people with me. Lol