Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The game is so segmented into rooms it'd never make it. Unless of course they work it into their marketing:

Monster Hunter World...of Rooms! - The MMO
What do you mean rooms? If you mean the mini zones, that's like, the old MHs, World is a few large areas. Size isn't quite as large as a mmo zone, but probably could be if they designed them to be. If you mean the 4player shit, then yeah obviously the game was designed for 4man so it works for 4man, doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to switch it to a mmo, although it'd require probably a complete rework of the engine.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
What do you mean rooms? If you mean the mini zones, that's like, the old MHs, World is a few large areas. Size isn't quite as large as a mmo zone, but probably could be if they designed them to be. If you mean the 4player shit, then yeah obviously the game was designed for 4man so it works for 4man, doesn't mean they wouldn't be able to switch it to a mmo, although it'd require probably a complete rework of the engine.

Quest board, harvesting, buying, crafting is a room.
Arena, top of the ship stuff, is a room.
Training is a room.
The second ship is a room.
Each zone is a room.

Then to play with people you've got to choose from what ultimately becomes n(5) number of rooms, where n is the number of instances, if you're tryna be social.

It's a fun game, but this room-to-room loading screen design flaw knocks it down several pegs for me. It's the only thing in the game worth complaining about.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hes+got+a+point+you+know+_8778d658dc34e283b76dd3fcbbd21fe9.jpg

The online has always been a mess. They need to shore that up for the next game. Other than that though once we all got it working properly it was fun.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Quest board, harvesting, buying, crafting is a room.
Arena, top of the ship stuff, is a room.
Training is a room.
The second ship is a room.
Each zone is a room.

Then to play with people you've got to choose from what ultimately becomes n(5) number of rooms, where n is the number of instances, if you're tryna be social.

It's a fun game, but this room-to-room loading screen design flaw knocks it down several pegs for me. It's the only thing in the game worth complaining about.
Oh yeah the game is fragmented for sure but they could change some of that shit. The main "city" thing is one big area and has most features. Your room being instanced is fairly typical for mmos(housing and shit), the top boat area I feel is specifically made to allow faster grouping and shit but could be removed without losing anything(just need an arena counter lady somewhere in the main area), the 2nd ship is purely some story shit that servers no purpose otherwise, training area being instance is also standard.

But yeah the game would need to be remade entirely differently if they wanted a "real" mmo feeling. They could just make it a pseudo mmo though, with instanced everything, just larger player limit. Nowadays people call that stuff mmo too, even if the most people you'll see is 32.

Don't really care much about making it a mmo though, having smaller coop games is fine, making it a mmo would most likely have to ruin a bunch of shit.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
But yeah the game would need to be remade entirely differently if they wanted a "real" mmo feeling. They could just make it a pseudo mmo though, with instanced everything, just larger player limit. Nowadays people call that stuff mmo too, even if the most people you'll see is 32.

Don't really care much about making it a mmo though, having smaller coop games is fine, making it a mmo would most likely have to ruin a bunch of shit.

Yeah, I'm with you in that I don't particularly care about the MMO idea, but I still find the fragmentation of rooms to be annoying.

I was actually shocked the first time I realized I had to "join a room" to play with people. Shit reminded me of AOL and seems so wonky and outdated.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I'm with you in that I don't particularly care about the MMO idea, but I still find the fragmentation of rooms to be annoying.

I was actually shocked the first time I realized I had to "join a room" to play with people. Shit reminded me of AOL and seems so wonky and outdated.
Sessions you mean? It's kinda weird yeah. I guess also for KT you have to go to the boat room thing at the top because you can only enter KT from there for some reason.

I don't mind the rooms so much on PC though, because SSD loadings make them fairly irrelevant, however watching videos on consoles or a HDD on PC, it looks super awful because everything takes like 5mins to load, so it really drives the whole "room" aspect in. On PC it's just a 1sec loading, the same as when I take the elevator to the smith instead of walking there, so it doesn't feel so fragmented since I don't really run to places to begin with.

Anyway, AT Vaal tomorrow. Not super excited since the armor is kinda meh, although the layered is good. Seems really easy to farm too. Also USJ stuff but that comes kinda too late with no layered stuff, I remember finding some sets of gear that used parts of USJ to make early on but now with Lunastra and KT armor not so much, and it'll be completely obsolete next week with Behemoth.

• 1Solidarity

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I thought I was actually getting good at this game until Arch Tempered Vaal Hazak. Ouch. Solo and grouped, I am a solid 0-fer.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I thought I was actually getting good at this game until Arch Tempered Vaal Hazak. Ouch. Solo and grouped, I am a solid 0-fer.
You need to make sure to have miasma resistance 3 and health augment on the weapon, then it's honestly pretty easy. I did wipe once on my first try, which is more than AT Kirin, I went with Lance but only guard1 cause I assumed most attacks were light enough but turns out it wasn't the case and I was getting staggered a lot which ruined my mobility so I got hit by a bunch of stuff. I redid the build a bit to get guard 3+(guard 4 I think at first) and it worked out fine, then I switched out of lance for faster kills and went IG. Did a kill on cluster HBG too to see if it was as easy as I thought it'd be, and it kinda was, but harder than your traditional monster still since he has a lot of health.

Mostly I geared for miasma 3, health boost 3, health augment on Jho weapons(elderseal for "free" on good raw weapon with some added dragon damage once you break parts), weakness exploit, protective polish, handicraft since I was using Jho weapons(went with 5 on IG build, 3 with lance), temporal mantle+health pod, healing palico. Pretty defensive setup but better safe than sorry kinda of thing.

Make sure to grab those fire bullets things at the camp/around the area and fire at the ground to remove the miasma there and not take additional damage(alternatively can use the miasma expert charm but it's a lot of wasted stats imo it doesn't even hurt that much). I drinked an immunizer on top of the usual stuff too to increase health regen passively. Stick to front paws/abdomen, avoid getting behind him(tail swipe is pretty fast, has a good hitbox and does high damage plus it has followup attacks), if he gets up but doesn't roar, sheath and run away so you don't get hit by the breath attacks on the ground shit(multihits, so can't really dodge it and blocking is pretty meh and requires guard up). And don't go too far or he'll use charges or breath, both of which are annoying.

While you gear defensively, you want to play agressively, so you make use of your health augment to heal up the damage you take constantly from the shitty clouds. Honestly if you're close to him and on the sides, you can just more or less mash keys and he'll miss most shit or only hit you with garbage attacks that do low damage. He staggers a lot too, although he won't trip often.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
All my attempts so far last night were with the anjanath bow. I may have to break out a hammer, as that's the melee weapon I have the most experience with.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh I don't know much about Bow, but it might not be that easy on this fight because of the miasma shield shit that blocks shots besides the head when he's enraged, making it more annoying. Also I guess if you're in front of it constantly you might be baiting a lot of charges which isn't good as they have huge hitboxes and are hard to avoid. Can always check youtube videos for specific weapons to get examples though.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Hammer + health augment + 3 piece vaal bonus + protection, health and recovery gems = win

After unlocking the death stench layered armor, I'm not doing this again

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I had an extra decoration slot that I originally used for slider, and switched to fortify. I killed him on second attempt before he even moved to the last room. So 2 for 2 since switching to hammer. Too bad every group I try has people dying like mad

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I had an extra decoration slot that I originally used for slider, and switched to fortify. I killed him on second attempt before he even moved to the last room. So 2 for 2 since switching to hammer. Too bad every group I try has people dying like mad
AT pubs sounds like a nightmare I haven't even bothered. I guess some might be easier but Vaal you'll basically always get one retard who doesn't have miasma so he has half hp the entire fight, no health boost either, maybe don't even use a max pot or whatever so they have like 30hp and just die on any hit. It was like people doing Kirin with no lightning res and getting one shot by everything.

I'm not really looking forward to Behemoth in a group either. I might try it a couple of times but I think I'll probably just solo it for the gear. Extreme we'll see I guess.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Definitely suggest you do Arch Arch Tempered mobs solo. For all the reasons Pyros just quoted.

Side note, just took the WR across all weapons on Arch Tempered Teostra.

Ended up beating out glutton and bow,

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Definitely suggest you do Arch Arch Tempered mobs solo. For all the reasons Pyros just quoted.

That was pretty fucking clean, grats on the WR

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Oh resentment loop, nice and grats.

• 1Like

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
So I've done behemoth only once successfully with a pickup group (with tons and tons of failures), but I still already have the full set of armor. I almost wish it was a little harder to get.
It's a really rewarding fight, but I don't think people should be running around in full Drachen while still repeatedly dying to ecliptic meteor.
I actually had a notification popup for "behemoth defeated" just before DUTY FAILED when a teammate used up the last cart on the final meteor

• 1Solidarity