Monster Hunter: World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
@a_skeleton_00 You on tonight? I have been jonesing for MHW again... However, I would like some guidance of what I should concentrate on for armor now that I have Diablos Clubs 2. So if you were on, I wanted to hop in chat quick, let you know what my HR is (I forgot where I am at) current armor set up and ask your guidance in what I should hunt :) Or I may log in and make a list of current set up and where I can start. Playing Casually on my own to do some hunts without assistance because I need to get gud again. But your advise on where to start to get a good build going would be fantastic and fun to work on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so here is what I have if anyone has any tips: I still need to kill the two Beetlejuices to get past HR 20 - I am loked at 29 right now.

1) Diablo Clubs 2
2) Dragon King Eyepatch (Fully upgraded)
3) Nergignte Mail b (Fully Upgraded)
4) Nergigante vambraces b
5) Nergigante Coil b (Fully upgraded)
6) Uragaan Greaves b
7) Attack Charm 2
Vitality Mantle
Health Booster

Skills: Attack Boost level 5, weakness exploit level 2, agitagtor level 2, resuscitate level 1, stamina surge level 2, ear plugs level 1, health boost level 1, fire resistance level 1, guard level 1, divine blessing level 1.

Any tips on what I should be doing to upgrade is greatly appreciated - Just want to be able to kill shit faster and whatever is a good DB build I am ready to go farm.

I also know I should get past level 29 and do that quest,

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok just got super lucky with an sos and got done with the hr29 quest woot!

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Logged in, dicked around for a bit, completed the Lunastra chain, did a few Tempered Deviljhoe and got my ass kicked by Behemoth.

Feels like I'm missing a layer of content somewhere though. How do I unlock the rotating stuff?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Didn't know they added a new behemoth monster, so I just started playing again. Fuck this dude is hard! I have attempted him 10 times with an SOS, and have killed him once. People dying to silly shit is the main reason. I've died about 3x due to being on the wrong side of the bolder? Fun times though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is there a number of people still playing on PC? Doing the rando game doesnt interest me at all but if there were bro's to play with I'd be on all the time. Our 4 man shenanigans with Jin , me, and a few of our friends was crazy fun. Still want Jin to come dick around on PC even if hes not going for WR's ^^.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Hatorade yes theres a mod to copy ps4 to pc thats been out awhile

Tjt we proved / discovered some massive bullshit we couldnt prove until now.

Basically 2 things

1. Inputs are recieved massively faster on Pc than console.

2. Animations are tied into frame rate, playing at higher tiers literally saves you time.

We tested with aerial gs, long sword, and hammer now. Im pretty pissed tbh

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hatorade yes theres a mod to copy ps4 to pc thats been out awhile

Tjt we proved / discovered some massive bullshit we couldnt prove until now.

Basically 2 things

1. Inputs are recieved massively faster on Pc than console.

2. Animations are tied into frame rate, playing at higher tiers literally saves you time.

We tested with aerial gs, long sword, and hammer now. Im pretty pissed tbh

So if you had the beefiest GPU/144hz monitor and 100 FPS you would just be that much faster compared to PS4 pro?

Lame.

• 1Solidarity

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I finally talked some friends into trying this out. I'm at 130 hours played in less than a month, HR 58, lol. My friends are all HR 14-25ish, into it, but haven't been able to sink the crazy time I have been into it. I went dual blades, feel like I have a pretty solid build. Lunostra and Behemoth are the only two things I haven't been able to beat yet, I get trashed solo, and other people always cart fail when I group for it.

Super glad I finally got a couple of people into it, grouping even in 2 or 3 people is a blast.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I finally talked some friends into trying this out. I'm at 130 hours played in less than a month, HR 58, lol. My friends are all HR 14-25ish, into it, but haven't been able to sink the crazy time I have been into it. I went dual blades, feel like I have a pretty solid build. Lunostra and Behemoth are the only two things I haven't been able to beat yet, I get trashed solo, and other people always cart fail when I group for it.

Super glad I finally got a couple of people into it, grouping even in 2 or 3 people is a blast.

It took me years to get people into MH. A friend and I were playing MHFU 10 years ago. Slowly got one friend to join us in MH4U in 2014. Finally got 5 more friends to join for MHW on PS4 and now PC. Its definitely a good feeling!

I believe either the raw Diablos blades or the Lunastra 'Styx' (whichever one is blast) are the meta DB weapons currently. Most meta melee builds run for piece Behemoth, at least with the current monsters released. What is really nice is that you don't have to play meta to achieve good results unless the build just doesn't make sense.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
Just like with bows, for DBs, you want to match elemental weaknesses to your target for best damage.

I'll have to look up my steam name to post when I get home because it would be fun to group up instead of random SOS. I'm at like 350+ hours and HR rank 180ish. I've managed to random-group and/or solo my way to everything up to this point, but I think extreme behemoth is about to be another story.

• 1Like