Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Cybsled

My feedback is any gear that is all/all and weighs 0.1 is automatically monk gear and druids can fuck off from stealing it

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Some quick feedback regarding the merchants: I actually very much like the idea of merchants only buying certain items *IF* the merchants were using the items to craft items or otherwise used them as a part of some smart economic model that players could interact with and influence by selling to select merchants.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Some quick feedback regarding the merchants: I actually very much like the idea of merchants only buying certain items *IF* the merchants were using the items to craft items or otherwise used them as a part of some smart economic model that players could interact with and influence by selling to select merchants.
The merchants were basically not taking any items for any value if they didn't 'want' the item type.

The feedback I gave was:
1) The idea that you could go up to a merchant and still have the item in your inventory with nothing to show for it after, but another merchant would buy it, was directly at odds with the EQ-like game loop.
and
2) That the concept of greedy merchants was in EQ, and the inverse could be beneficial - ie; some merchants pay more for items than other merchants for specific item types. I think that's a fair compromise.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like a major pain in the ass - going around to 5 different merchants to sell all your bear asses doesn't sound fun.

If I want to run around town to 5 different places I can ask my wife for instructions, IMO

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
When EG7 bought EQ for 300 million they bought up several companies ar the same time

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punch baby strollers

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sounds like a major pain in the ass - going around to 5 different merchants to sell all your bear asses doesn't sound fun.

If I want to run around town to 5 different places I can ask my wife for instructions, IMO
Just fyi, there are some merchants that will buy most every item. They just don't give you as much for them compared to the merchant who specializes. Sort of a pawn shop situation.

It might be an ok compromise? It depends on how much your time is worth. Do you have time to run around to each individual merchant or is it better to dump them all on the shifty gnome who will buy everything?
Theoretically it manages long-term inflation a bit better by offering a quicker option that doesn't pay out as much.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Just fyi, there are some merchants that will buy most every item. They just don't give you as much for them compared to the merchant who specializes. Sort of a pawn shop situation.

It might be an ok compromise? It depends on how much your time is worth. Do you have time to run around to each individual merchant or is it better to dump them all on the shifty gnome who will buy everything?
Theoretically it manages long-term inflation a bit better by offering a quicker option that doesn't pay out as much.

The price difference can't be all that much, though, or you have basically the same thing where everyone only sells to the specific vendor so they're not fucking themselves over.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Nah that is a total shit system. What game in the history of games is based on running around optimally vendoring shit?

There is a reason the answer is none (or very few).

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Nah that is a total shit system. What game in the history of games is based on running around optimally vendoring shit?

There is a reason the answer is none (or very few).

EQ already had that. You could hit up a greedy merchant that was usually by the main gate near the newb yard and save yourself the "running around" , but he paid less.

All these types of games need many ways to reward in game knowledge or in game extra-effort. I want to be richer than the lazy asses.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Getting 7cp for your rat meat from a_shifty_gnome that's near the newbie yard instead of the fair market value of 10cp from the butcher merchant deeper in the city is a gameplay loop I'm fine with.

WTB rat meat 8cp!

• 1Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Didn’t WOW do something similar early on, where you got more from selling items to a merchant you had better faction with? I seem to recall goblins had a racial when they came out where they got max sell price no matter who they sold to. Goblin Haggling or something like that.

Looking forward to the stress test this month!

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Didn’t WOW do something similar early on, where you got more from selling items to a merchant you had better faction with? I seem to recall goblins had a racial when they came out where they got max sell price no matter who they sold to. Goblin Haggling or something like that.

Looking forward to the stress test this month!
your talking about rep standings affecting prices which most games do some variation of, not the same as specific vendors for each type of item.

It all depends on how deep in the weeds they go with this concept.

if there's a junk vendor, meat vendor, armor vendor, weapon vendor and they are a bit deeper in town all in the market vs shady salesman at the gate who buys for 10% less, then sure, whatever. it's annoying but not detrimental. It's important to note, it doesn't actually add any value to your game by having this feature, but it doesn't detract from it enough to really care either way. All you've lost is the few hours it took to program in this silliness and if your game lasts to its first expac it'll be one of the first things you get rid of, because its fucking stupid.

Now if it's "sorry I only buy lvl 10-19 arrows your princess is in another castle" style striation and theres dozens or hundreds of variety of vendors you gotta hunt down? then FUCK YOU and FUCK YOUR GAME.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner

I continue to be impressed by this team's progress, and I'm excited for the next playtest at the end of this month!
FnFStatsInfographic.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I continue to be impressed by this team's progress, and I'm excited for the next playtest at the end of this month!
View attachment 467227

I can't wait to play it! Still my only fear is the end game. If it ends up being like EQ and only the unemployed can kill end game mobs, I will pass on this game.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

View attachment 467227
I love the "Non-Fungible Tunic"...

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 2 users

Hieromonk

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what’s going on with this, any hope or is this just another pantheon spectacle
what spectacle ?
they didn't ask for money and anything

The Public Stress Test is open to the public this April 28
No application needed. More info can be found on their discord

When's the pantheon public stress test being scheduled?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hieromonk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't wait to play it! Still my only fear is the end game. If it ends up being like EQ and only the unemployed can kill end game mobs, I will pass on this game.
they have clearly stated that it will focus on group oriented adventure rather than huge raid ran by 50 unemployed
can you just spend 10 mins read their website ?

• 1Like