How you liking SK vs paladin?
I was like 27??? on the pal when they did the change for pally revamp- to then got to 30 with the new kit.
Pre change, the pally was, in el-solo land, hands down better than SK… while soloing in FP, there was a same level SK soloing- i had faster kills and less downtime…and I had 2 get out of jail free clicks with LoH and glowman - pre changes on both.
Now… the SK kit, is very similar to the post-change pally. I feel the SK does more damage and tanks just as well. I dont have all the full SK kit yet, there are a few things still coming- unholy aura, sac pet Damage Shield and a few other things. What is horrible, and I may honestly give it up for a spell slot… HT sucks, just like EQ.
The auras suck compared to the pre-change. Haste is gone and vampires aura procs wwwwaaaaaayyyyyy less. I mean pally gets a heal on hit… this was the SK version… the other aura, it makes your HT a tap…when your at 25% hp…and increases your lifetap to add 50% as well… and..its really useless…
SK is spammy, because your “heal” is tap, your essentially constantly casting tap, I suppose it works with a 2h.
You can snares fear kite, but it needs tons of room. Pet kiting is ehh, agro is wonky and I dont have /spells/ to get-keep agro at range.
The pet is essential, they have to keep it.
Auras need to be buffed, just like pally sanctified ground needs to be at minimum double duration.
The lifetap slash, needs to be separated from reave - I only use it for pet shards. It’s very…ehhhh it should heal 1 to 1, not half.
The overall kit of the SK is fine, refinement to the kit is what needs to happen. Pally, I honestly think they need to go back.
Each change was to give each knight a “group” passive buff component to “help”- and… by doing such they seem to weigh that so high in “class does NUMBER” as it seems they have some kind of equation of dps, mitigation, utility “thing” that they smooth all classes to be around the same “number”