Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The world even with the unfinished couple zones is beautiful. They have a great world going already.

I saw in the sky there are two moons. Two moon expansions. :(

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
beetle.png

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty much unplayable, as expected, but it definitely already has that strong EQ vibe. I dig the ambient music too. I've always wished more MMOs would use the ambient music stylings of DAoC and AO.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Casters losing their spell book on death is a nice touch. Should balance out melee's getting screwed upon death. Something they should have fixed in EQ. I say this as a caster main too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Casters losing their spell book on death is a nice touch. Should balance out melee's getting screwed upon death. Something they should have fixed in EQ. I say this as a caster main too.

But how do they expect me to run back to my corpse with no SoW?

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Gotta bank spell books eh? I get it, but man that's harsh.

• 1Worf

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I say this as somebody who both loves this project and what they're trying to build and never had an issue navigating in EQ:

This city is STUPIDLY ABSURDLY too large and this is a very bad idea in a game without navigation aids. It's a gigantic maze. I've spent 2 and a half hours trying to find my trainer and still have not. Most of the rest of the play test (over 3.5 hours as of this post) was spent trying to find merchants to buy my stuff. When it comes to cities, less is more.

Araxen

I don't think the city is too large. It's what it needs to be. It isn't flushed out because it's very early.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I couldn't find the Inquisitor trainer. My buddies and I had some trouble finding one another, but once we did we grouped up and killed some stuff around the necroplis, and then outside one of the gates. Got to level 2, maybe a third of the way to level 3. First hour or more was spent just trying to get spells into the book, onto hotbars, getting everyone on the same server and connecting to start killing things.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Yeah a couple of us wasted a couple hours looking for Spellblade trainer, and we were at the right place. One issue for me it that it would take minutes to load npc's, so I could have been right next to the guy many times and not known it. /shrug no biggie, still had a good time. Look forward to tomorrow.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
The City is QUITE large. However i'm of the opinion of fuck em if you can't spend the time to get acclimated to the layout/ where you're trainers are. The one caveat is, i'd prolly put sense heading as a default skill for everyone. That'd mitigate a bit of the pain.

Araxen

Servers down... intentionally. Very positive stress test.

Hopefully they complete the scope of their proof of concept and get more funding. They should be able churn content quickly out if they get it.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah a couple of us wasted a couple hours looking for Spellblade trainer, and we were at the right place. One issue for me it that it would take minutes to load npc's, so I could have been right next to the guy many times and not known it. /shrug no biggie, still had a good time. Look forward to tomorrow.
Yeah the loading lag was pretty rough. Assuming that gets sorted out, finding npcs will be quite a bit easier.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
NPC loading was definitely the worst part, that and me never grabbing a light source. Was quite a blast to play, though, and some heavy nostalgia. Got a smirk out of me when I saw the snakes kicking.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Servers down... intentionally. Very positive stress test.

Hopefully they complete the scope of their proof of concept and get more funding. They should be able churn content quickly out if they get it.
Yea, that was pretty great. Extremely EQ ass. In a good way.

• 1Like