Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,542
20,719
the + skills from races go overcap. not sure how important that is. i'm told it's not like overcap in wow, so it's not as powerful.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,881
9,806
I have zero EA/Beta experience, but I've always played Rogue and that's what I plan to play in MnM -- I was an Assling in EQ, but was hoping to avoid going down that path a second time.

From what I understand, + to weapon skills is quite powerful and a huge incentive to pick a Halfling -- that said, is the bonus only useful while leveling? As in, does everyone eventually get to the same cap or is it a situation where Assling rogues will have like 150 Piercing Skill while everyone else is at 135?
Those stats aren't in yet anyway so play whatever race you want, the correct answer is goblin though.
 
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,635
917
I have zero EA/Beta experience, but I've always played Rogue and that's what I plan to play in MnM -- I was an Assling in EQ, but was hoping to avoid going down that path a second time.

From what I understand, + to weapon skills is quite powerful and a huge incentive to pick a Halfling -- that said, is the bonus only useful while leveling? As in, does everyone eventually get to the same cap or is it a situation where Assling rogues will have like 150 Piercing Skill while everyone else is at 135?
As far as has been described, they’ll have a higher cap
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,673
25,320
But yeah the new way of doing your "option" stuff does not seem to be in... the character creation looked the same to me, just new background areas for races.
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,635
917
I wouldn’t expect the new traits for a bit. Kinda a shame the deep gnome female other hair options didn’t make the cutoff.
 

nunny

Golden Knight of the Realm
22
9
The new Cleric spell that enchants the weapons of group members was exactly the kind of thing I felt the class was missing. Something unique other than rez (situational, out of combat) and good heals. Maybe this will give some extra incentive to consider them alongside Shaman and Druid, so it doesn't feel bad if you skip out on Shaman haste/slow or Druid damage and utility. Not sure how effective these spells will be, but I'm glad they're giving a bit of oomph to Cleric, since I'll probably play all the healers if I end up sticking around. Still seems like Druid utility and shaman utility + haste/slow win out in the end, but I think this is the right direction with Cleric.
 

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
9,881
9,806
The new Cleric spell that enchants the weapons of group members was exactly the kind of thing I felt the class was missing. Something unique other than rez (situational, out of combat) and good heals. Maybe this will give some extra incentive to consider them alongside Shaman and Druid, so it doesn't feel bad if you skip out on Shaman haste/slow or Druid damage and utility. Not sure how effective these spells will be, but I'm glad they're giving a bit of oomph to Cleric, since I'll probably play all the healers if I end up sticking around. Still seems like Druid utility and shaman utility + haste/slow win out in the end, but I think this is the right direction with Cleric.
Cleric rune is the tits though, sort of them leaning hard into melee cleric they are 100% going to be the best main healer. Only going shaman so the core group has SoW, otherwise cleric all day.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Vyemm Raider
1,458
2,907
They’ve said it’s over cap, so at 60 Assling will be 315/300. Human gets +5 to all three weapon types and I think wood elf or one of its options can get +5 to something as well.

Looking forward to the chaos on Trem.

Cleric change is nice and adds some punch, the wizard changes look like they’ll make the overall experience better but also really address the low level issue, kick back on the knights and Spellblade is awesome. Good stuff all around.