Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

nunny

Golden Knight of the Realm
27
10
I don't see the game being super sustainable, at least not at the level that people will want it to be at. I watch a lot of people play and many of them are kinda resonating on a few issues. They don't have the urge to continue grinding hard since there's no real reason to do so, they don't see themselves playing the game long-term, and most of them wouldn't be having fun if they didn't have a static to do stuff with. It's a fun game to waste time and run around in, but I share a lot of those sentiments. I don't see myself playing this long-term. If I hit the content wall there's basically no way I'm waiting half a year for more content. I see most people dipping when they realize how much they have to grind camps to level later on. The hell levels and real exp grind hasn't been hit by 90% of the players, and the majority of them don't know what's in store. When the requirement to grind long hours meets with the lack of a point in continuing and wildcards like WoW Forever get thrown into the mix, I think the game will be taking more of a hit than people want to admit.

It surprised me that the peak for Monsters & Memories seems to be the same as it was for Pantheon, but apparently Pantheon took longer to reach that concurrent. Also, Pantheon apparently sold around an estimated 120K copies according to the info I could find. Imagine if M&M had 120K subs, no one would be worried about its future. I watched Pantheon and it maintained ~6K for quite a while, but then it took a nose dive when people hit the content wall. WoW Forever is coming at the perfect time to take the wind out of the sails. I also don't see people returning if they decide to leave for something else. I use my past experiences with sub based mmos for this prediction. Lost time, lack of new content and a sub fee to see if you even want to log in and play for more than an hour can be a pretty big barrier.

That's a long winded way of saying I'm a bit worried for them since I like the game. It needed another year in the oven though, and that's an actual fact.

(Also ranger is fun)