Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Grabbit Allworth

Confirmed J6 Insurrectionist
2,171
8,530
I'm 17 now and enjoying myself immensely, but the goddamn weather system is oppressive as fuck.

If it's not dark, it's raining, or foggy, or a sandstorm, or what-the-fuck-ever.

I understand, and even like, the friction that bad weather provides, but it's getting to the point that just the crack of thunder and lightning pisses me off beyond words. They need to turn that fucking dial back a couple notches.

Seriously, even in a fantasy world it doesn't rain like a fucking monsoon every other day.
 

nunny

Golden Knight of the Realm
29
11
Is this game worth playing or should I wow forevor

Go watch PrimusMMO play some on Twitch. Do you like that kinda thing? Give it a shot. It's a fun game that's also annoying sometimes. It might take you 100 hours to get the hang of things, figure out the UI, learn the map a bit, choose a class you enjoy, etc. Humans can't see shit even with the gamma maxed, so beware. Ultravision gives things a blue hue. Underdocks and Evershade are good zones, but you have to learn them a bit. Finding a group will probably be hellish in a month due to level disparity and the few players in the higher levels being spread around the areas as well as being a few levels apart due to how long it takes to level. Statics who level together should be fine though, so if you have a static you might have more fun long-term. Pop will halve or similar as people go back to work and stop no-lifing, WoW grabs people by the balls, etc.

Do you salivate at the thought of playing WoW again? Skip it and save up your dopamine so when it launches you'll be primed and ready to nolife dopamine farm.

I think it's worth playing if you pick the right class, but after 200 hours I'm barely getting a feel for what I want to stick with. I recommend level 10 with your favorites and also taking a look at all the future spells and abilities you get. Some classes look basically the same from 1 to 60 as far as abilities go. It's a fun game if you enjoy this kind of gameplay. One more piece of advice, if you do play, go for a class with SoW, some kind of speed, gate, and the ability to solo. I can't find groups more than half the time even with 100+ people in the zone, because they did the smart thing and picked classes that can solo or they brought their friends. If you MUST find a group, figure out where the popular camps are and stand near them like a filthy beggar. Maybe they'll take pity on you and invite. LFG in ooc basically never worked for me, even after 10+ hours of trying in a zone with 300+ people in it.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user