Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,730
25,374
Yea man they really went too far with the visual nonsense, shits too dark and sandstorms too crazy. I’m not saying remove it, just tweak it some. Maybe they are still tuning that, I dunno but I know they are not gonna remove those elements. Same with the shelter bullshit. This stuff is almost uniformly unpopular but they don’t seem to care. They are definitely well aware of how hated it is

Yes... and there are no signs of them changing or anything - its been this way since alpha stress tests.. it was always "just wait for ultravision"
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,385
20,387
Also, I can vouch from experience these guys are not as bad as you’d think at finding people breaking game rules, given how small their team is. They have some dedicated gms and lots of tattle tale gamers to help them. It takes them a long time because they don’t have the staffing but they do get around to a lot of the shady business.

Shawn has come out and said very clearly said( if you see something, say something, and there are hall monitor types ready to petition people they think are boxing or macroing etc, and those definitely do get addressed. So make sure you’re fairly secluded if you are doing something that is obvious. Stuff like noodles app I doubt they can catch.
Mines undetectable because you can(should) get the maps before you open the game. If you unlock the tail player log then it isn't reading anything. Plus if you render the maps once you don't have to again unless the client updates
 

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,473
6,474
It's 106 miles to tel akir. We've got a full tank of water, half a pack of rations. It's dark and we have no infravision.
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,385
20,387
Did 11-13 today on greater/elder skeletons in UD and made probably about 1 gold just soloing. Got all my spells through 12, bags updated, got some new gear really just for some extra AC, and have a bunch left. The server was getting real shitty.

The skeletons drop like 50c+ each so it was real nice. Because I am necro it's actually very chill
 
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

Ssraeszha Raider
15,730
25,374
Yeah got 16 done by chilling killing the higher level shrooms there - past all those elder skellys - there is a cave that has shrooms in it, kinda in this corner beyond the skelly - and that leads to this big open area with the higher level shrooms. Its a good place to chill solo once the skrelleys are green. but... NO money.

Seeing how the exp is moving there before finding another place - I really want to get to Wyrmsbane, unless it is just a 24/7 cluster... and I need to faction. Someone was throwing a fit in OOC over people faction tagging wearrats... so I kinda do not want to do that.

I may climb my purple butt up to upperUPPER rats and see if I can solo by the locked gate.
 

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,473
6,474
Did 11-13 today on greater/elder skeletons in UD and made probably about 1 gold just soloing. Got all my spells through 12, bags updated, got some new gear really just for some extra AC, and have a bunch left. The server was getting real shitty.

The skeletons drop like 50c+ each so it was real nice. Because I am necro it's actually very chill
a gold wtf, was it all cracked staffs?

We need a tank
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
888
130
I’ve definitely leveled out on affording some spells. I hit 16 like 20 minutes, already had what I needed for 16, bought +2 earrings and rings. That ate all my coin, but have 4 levels to get the like 1g I need for lvl 20 spells.
 

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
11,528
9,027
Also, I can vouch from experience these guys are not as bad as you’d think at finding people breaking game rules, given how small their team is. They have some dedicated gms and lots of tattle tale gamers to help them. It takes them a long time because they don’t have the staffing but they do get around to a lot of the shady business.

Shawn has come out and said very clearly said( if you see something, say something, and there are hall monitor types ready to petition people they think are boxing or macroing etc, and those definitely do get addressed. So make sure you’re fairly secluded if you are doing something that is obvious. Stuff like noodles app I doubt they can catch.

I learned one thing from P99, people aren't gun shy about reporting boxers. If you try to do it on one of the no box servers, you will eventually be found.
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
888
130
Yeah got 16 done by chilling killing the higher level shrooms there - past all those elder skellys - there is a cave that has shrooms in it, kinda in this corner beyond the skelly - and that leads to this big open area with the higher level shrooms. Its a good place to chill solo once the skrelleys are green. but... NO money.

Seeing how the exp is moving there before finding another place - I really want to get to Wyrmsbane, unless it is just a 24/7 cluster... and I need to faction. Someone was throwing a fit in OOC over people faction tagging wearrats... so I kinda do not want to do that.

I may climb my purple butt up to upperUPPER rats and see if I can solo by the locked gate.
I don’t know why people would care about faction tagging. I saw people do it when I was leveling there, and did it myself a couple times once I was too high and was LFG for deepcut bandits. Silly
 

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
6,101
16,646
I lucked into a cracked staff, but these fuckers in AV will only buy for like 1s 20c or something. Haven't sold it yet, just in case. Will I get better prices/rep once I finish up the quest to access the rest of the city?
 

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
6,473
6,474
5 silver for elf maidens like me! 4.2 for stinky gnomes
flies.png
 

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
40,385
20,387
a gold wtf, was it all cracked staffs?

We need a tank
Combo of each skellie dropping 50-60c (and I'm solo, so I get it all), plus a shit load of weapons/armor. I had to unload at vendors like 5 or 6 times. I only found 1 cracked staff, but that was 5s itself.

They were blue con (sometimes white), so it took me like 5 or so hours. It was a LOT of money lol.

Koushirou Koushirou do you need a ginvite? Guild was popping off last night. If anyone needs an invite let someone know. I'll go through and promote everyone to officer when I go on Noodle again.
 

bolok

Trakanon Raider
1,679
941
I lucked into a cracked staff, but these fuckers in AV will only buy for like 1s 20c or something. Haven't sold it yet, just in case. Will I get better prices/rep once I finish up the quest to access the rest of the city?
Moderately. Probably want to stock up a couple and sell in UD.
 

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,578
20,743
Yeah got 16 done by chilling killing the higher level shrooms there - past all those elder skellys - there is a cave that has shrooms in it, kinda in this corner beyond the skelly - and that leads to this big open area with the higher level shrooms. Its a good place to chill solo once the skrelleys are green. but... NO money.

Seeing how the exp is moving there before finding another place - I really want to get to Wyrmsbane, unless it is just a 24/7 cluster... and I need to faction. Someone was throwing a fit in OOC over people faction tagging wearrats... so I kinda do not want to do that.

I may climb my purple butt up to upperUPPER rats and see if I can solo by the locked gate.
They were mad people were hitting their kills for faction?
 

...

Goonsquad Officer
8,578
20,743
I wonder if out of group faction tagging will become an element of the rules or pnp. I hope not but folks love to cause misery or artificial scarcity