Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
48,354
175,430
there’s also places where a /look hints at secret hidden entrances and fake walls and shit like that. For example there’s a fake wall in fallen watch you’d never know until you realize there’s a weird plank kind of directed toward it for no apparent reason and you do a /look.

Now are there autists out there who will make macros to spam /look and /take scrap and /take object together and then mouse macro them to hit constantly to maximize efficiency. But the goal of the idea is to have people see something that seems like a point of interest, and get rewarded by having that confirmed by something interesting in /look that they may be able to engage with further
This is such a bizarre take. You think it's immersive to write "/look" as opposed to actually...using your own eyes to look at things? Instead of using your own senses, you think typing out a command is somehow more rewarding.

And you say you're not the autist here.
 
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
3,474
4,146
This is such a bizarre take. You think it's immersive to write "/look" as opposed to actually...using your own eyes to look at things? Instead of using your own senses, you think typing out a command is somehow more rewarding.

And you say you're not the autist here.
The brim of my wizard hat obscures my vision when I try to actually look, but I can see the MUD window perfectly. The rustling of my robes, as I furiously type various commands trying to unlock the secrets of this epic quest, reminds me that I need to /tell that wood elf maiden from my last group and see if she needs me to send her any more silver.

You wouldn't understand that kind of immersion
 
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Woefully Inept

Silver Baron of the Realm
10,373
43,559
The zones need to be smaller.. I do not know how to “fix” that… other than…perhaps just increase everything’s movement by 10-15% - but then it would all look silly like EQ2 benny hill.

because I doubt they will make anything physically smaller.

like shaded dunes, from the waterfall to FW can just be removed completely.
If you think Shaded Dunes is too big then you should try running across Glass Flats.
 

Pasteton

Vyemm Raider
3,441
2,638
This is such a bizarre take. You think it's immersive to write "/look" as opposed to actually...using your own eyes to look at things? Instead of using your own senses, you think typing out a command is somehow more rewarding.

And you say you're not the autist here.
To be fair , you might have missed it because I wrote several posts. But a lot of the /look messages are things you do because you do see something in the environment that triggers you to try it. Sometimes it doesn’t return anything . But when you see something that seems curious, and when you do /look you get some new details or something further you can interact with, i find that rewarding. But it starts with you noticing things in the environment around you.

I wouldn’t disagree with the argument i have a touch of ‘tism. But not my point here
 

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
890
132
VoZ is the one that’s gotten on my nerves since the first time I set foot in it. Didn’t have see invis on my monk and got jumped 1000 times by those spiders that instant poison. Was triggering as fuck.
 

Kithani

Vyemm Raider
2,723
3,873
To be fair , you might have missed it because I wrote several posts. But a lot of the /look messages are things you do because you do see something in the environment that triggers you to try it. Sometimes it doesn’t return anything . But when you see something that seems curious, and when you do /look you get some new details or something further you can interact with, i find that rewarding. But it starts with you noticing things in the environment around you.

I wouldn’t disagree with the argument i have a touch of ‘tism. But not my point here
I see where you think the system is cool and I will also concede you’ve probably run into more interesting instances of it than the average player, but I still feel like there just has to be a BETTER way to implement that style of discovery in a 3D world.

Hell I feel like right clicking an object and getting the same feedback as /look already sounds better.

“you feel a sudden breeze as if there is a gust…” revealing a hidden wall should not require /look it should just auto-trigger when you walk by for example.