Moon Knight

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
So is Moon Knight worth watching?

It started out promising, you can't fault Oscar Isaac he acted pretty damn good in it. But the whole thing was sort of boring, unless your the kind of guy who likes no real fighting, or superhero action in your superhero shows. More like a bumbling idiot man for 90% of the time being shown up by a forcefully injected superwoman towards the end.

spronk

FPS noob
not really worth watching, only if you are REALLY into egyptian shit and can name the lineage of all Pharoah's from Ramses II to Cleopatra. Or if you loved Moon Knight comic books, i dunno anything about it but i imagine it would be neat to see it finally

it does have some cool egypt shit going on but its completely undercut by nonsense writing and story

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Ah, another "there has to be a girl shoehorned into everything" show. Got enough of that with Canada Chavez getting CGI'd into the background of every important conversation like Forrest Gump.

So is Moon Knight worth watching? I liked Wandavision, I'm starting to like Loki, haven't seen Hawkeye, What If, or Falcon Lectures Congress.

If you go in with low expectations it'll be a good watch.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ah, another "there has to be a girl shoehorned into everything" show. Got enough of that with Canada Chavez getting CGI'd into the background of every important conversation like Forrest Gump.

So is Moon Knight worth watching? I liked Wandavision, I'm starting to like Loki, haven't seen Hawkeye, What If, or Falcon Lectures Congress.
i think moon knight has some mixed reviews because it's not entirely what people were expecting. honestly i think most people had NO idea what to expect, even people who are very familiar with the comics. moon knight in the comics suffers from a cool concept but lack of consistent writers and focus.

the show isn't REALLY about moon knight, and that threw people off, i think. it's about the guy behind the mask and how he deals with the insanity of being a superhero (that is a loose term that doesn't really apply to the characters in the show, just the concept of super powered individuals). i REALLY liked it because of that, though i think there's definitely a good argument to be made that it feels like a bait and switch.

as far as the other shows, it's been said before but loki is good, and very well acted, but suffers from woke ideology. hawkeye LOOKS like it suffers from woke ideology but doesn't actually. it's a pretty great little show about family. kate bishop becoming hawkeye feels woke on the surface but she's a great character and hailee steinfeld plays her very well without ever making clint barton look bad. What If...? had some hit or miss episodes, mostly due to tonal issues (some of the episodes had too much going on so they were skipping around from being funny to scary to sad to happy in ways that made it all feel a little disingenuous), but overall it was a fun little jaunt into the multiverse. and ultimately skip falcon and winter soldier. i said it earlier somewhere, not sure which thread, but sebastian stan spent the show putting on a clinic on how to act, which makes me sad that EVERYTHING ELSE about the show was just no good. well, except for zemo, obviously. those are the only things the show has going for it, and sadly they get washed away by how awful the show is.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard

Marc Spector's wife Layla. She is an adventurer along side Marc so yes she knows how to handle herself. This show focuses mostly on the mental health (DiD) of Steven Grant and honestly it is worth watching just to see the performance by Oscar Isaac..my god that man knocked it out of the park. At no point is the man belittled or made smaller just to make the woman stronger. Personally I would give it an 8 out of 10.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My biggest gripe I would say is the show would have been much better showing Jake, Konshu quit talking shit about Steven and Mr Knight wasn't done very well early on

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My biggest gripe I would say is the show would have been much better showing Jake, and Konshu quit talking shit about Steven

Agree with you on Jake.

So many questions left around that. How did the scales balance with at least a third of his soul missing. Also, now Marc and Steven are no longer currently part of the Moon Knight persona does that mean Khonshu just goes off and butchers the everliving shit out of people with Jake while the other two sleep peacefully?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Agree with you on Jake.

So many questions left around that. How did the scales balance with at least a third of his soul missing. Also, now Marc and Steven are no longer currently part of the Moon Knight persona does that mean Khonshu just goes off and butchers the everliving shit out of people with Jake while the other two sleep peacefully?
Ok, so how I interpreted it is... Steven and Marc put their heart on the scales. 2 hearts for 2 egos. But since we were missing Jake, it wouldnt balance. But then Steven fell off the boat and essentially became "nothing" in the Duat and so the scale balanced with 2 hearts, 2 egos. Steven's heart didnt just disappear from the scales the moment he fell off, for example.

The loop or plot hole in that situation, is that the heart that was now standing in for Jake is being judged and not Jakes actual heart. Jake could be a pure evil, murdering gangster, and could have walked into the Elysian Fields. I figured a future plot point was going to come out of this, but.. I guess its just sand under the rug. That or its something theyre sand bagging for later.

As far as Khonshu and Jake, I imagine khonshu will manipulate the world around Marc/Steven so that theyre always Triggered into letting Jake take control. The future plot point is probably where Jake is in control so much now, that Steven or Marc is eventually going to figure it out and then we'll see some type of inner struggle for control with no actual result (cause that doesnt make movies/series).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Adi Granov's posted some of the concept art he did for the series on Facebook.

'As I mentioned before, I worked on Moon Knight back at the start of 2020. I was asked to provide some mood pieces to inspire the production. This was done at the start, before the character designs, so it's mostly inspired by his comic book look.'
1652383011946.png

'The second of my Moon Knight illustrations I did for the series. In this case I was asked to explore the look of Ammit in the underworld. I wanted Ammit and the jackals to look like a part of the environment, as if the stone was coming alive. This is one of my favourite pieces I've done for the MCU.
My take is darker and more extreme than what is in the finished product, but I feel the overall vibe is there.'
1652382992240.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Ok, so how I interpreted it is... Steven and Marc put their heart on the scales. 2 hearts for 2 egos. But since we were missing Jake, it wouldnt balance. But then Steven fell off the boat and essentially became "nothing" in the Duat and so the scale balanced with 2 hearts, 2 egos. Steven's heart didnt just disappear from the scales the moment he fell off, for example.

The loop or plot hole in that situation, is that the heart that was now standing in for Jake is being judged and not Jakes actual heart. Jake could be a pure evil, murdering gangster, and could have walked into the Elysian Fields. I figured a future plot point was going to come out of this, but.. I guess its just sand under the rug. That or its something theyre sand bagging for later.

As far as Khonshu and Jake, I imagine khonshu will manipulate the world around Marc/Steven so that theyre always Triggered into letting Jake take control. The future plot point is probably where Jake is in control so much now, that Steven or Marc is eventually going to figure it out and then we'll see some type of inner struggle for control with no actual result (cause that doesnt make movies/series).

I approached this a bit simpler. Jake wasn't a factor because he's in control and/or he has his place in their psyche while Marc and Steven were conflicting physically and mentally. Their conflict needed to be resolved for their scales to balance.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Show was a dud. I was pretty hyped to see this and now a couple weeks after finishing it I can barely remember anything about it. How bad is it to say this was the most vanilla of all Marvel shows so far?

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Show was a dud. I was pretty hyped to see this and now a couple weeks after finishing it I can barely remember anything about it. How bad is it to say this was the most vanilla of all Marvel shows so far?

sir how dare you disrespect beautiful cultural visibility

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
sir how dare you disrespect beautiful cultural visibility

I'm not seeing a problem here beyond the usual frothing at the mouth whenever either (a) a POC is onscreen, or (b) they're female.

The brief action scenes with her were better than anything in FWS, Wanda, or most of Loki for that matter.

• 2Picard

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm not seeing a problem here beyond the usual frothing at the mouth whenever either (a) a POC is onscreen, or (b) they're female.

The brief action scenes with her were better than anything in FWS, Wanda, or most of Loki for that matter.

Yeah, we're all just racist FUCKING WHITE MALES.

Fuck off

• 2Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

You are a retard. She is on screen only because she is POC and female. That’s makes for shit stories and is why everything sucks.