Moon Knight

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
And what exactly do you think keeps you captivated while watching a super hero show? Or are you retarded enough to have no disbelief to suspend?
I'm saying that if suspension of disbelief is hard for you, then the genre of TV with super powered people running around in tights might not be the one for you. Obviously. Was that honestly hard to understand?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm saying that if suspension of disbelief is hard for you, then the genre of TV with super powered people running around in tights might not be the one for you. Obviously. Was that honestly hard to understand?

Hardly an excuse for shitty writing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I said nothing about suspension of disbelief being hard. You built that strawman and are now attacking it. Suspension of disbelief is easy but when the writers inject obvious SJW bullshit into a scene, it breaks such suspension.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I have enjoyed all the marvel shows, but this one is not good. It's just a boring story and not at all compelling.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I have enjoyed all the marvel shows, but this one is not good. It's just a boring story and not at all compelling.
1651995668931.jpeg

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I said nothing about suspension of disbelief being hard. You built that strawman and are now attacking it. Suspension of disbelief is easy but when the writers inject obvious SJW bullshit into a scene, it breaks such suspension.
You're being disingenuous. Whether or not it's easy to keep disbelief suspended is inherent to discussions about whether or not a given bit of writing causes the viewer to disbelieve what's happening.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Hardly an excuse for shitty writing
It was a fan nod fourth wall break no worse than Robert Downey Jr.'s "I am Iron Man" at the end of Endgame.

Which I did think was shitty writing but hey, fan nod fourth wall breaks are par for the course here, I didn't think it was shitty because it messed with my suspension of disbelief.

• 1WTF

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It was a fan nod fourth wall break no worse than Robert Downey Jr.'s "I am Iron Man" at the end of Endgame.

Which I did think was shitty writing but hey, fan nod fourth wall breaks are par for the course here, I didn't think it was shitty because it messed with my suspension of disbelief.

Oh, didn't realize you're just retarded.

Carry on

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just finished this and thought it was fine. Nothing great.

The main issue with the show is how they wasted Ethan Hawkes talents and made him the lamest villain I’ve ever seen.

Sterling

El Presidente
Just finished this and thought it was fine. Nothing great.

The main issue with the show is how they wasted Ethan Hawkes talents and made him the lamest villain I’ve ever seen.
Yeah he was a pretty shit character. Isaac was really good overall, but between the shit villain and uneven writing through the season it falls short of being particularly good

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As a big huge nerd faggot I liked it. I feel I hated
everything people liked

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It had the same problem as Wandavision in that it felt like something awesome was always just on the verge of happening, but never did and then it ended.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It had the same problem as Wandavision in that it felt like something awesome was always just on the verge of happening, but never did and then it ended.

I kind of get that, yeah. I feel like I was waiting for my 5 minutes of solid action at the end of an Airwolf episode but it kind of fizzled.

One question I have, when Steven was being tracked by the beast in the museum it didn't show up on the cameras, similarly with the fight in the street where he can only see the monsters, so did the entirety of Egypt miss the fight between two giant gods?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
I kind of get that, yeah. I feel like I was waiting for my 5 minutes of solid action at the end of an Airwolf episode but it kind of fizzled.

One question I have, when Steven was being tracked by the beast in the museum it didn't show up on the cameras, similarly with the fight in the street where he can only see the monsters, so did the entirety of Egypt miss the fight between two giant gods?
Im thinking yes, the gods and their minions (not avatars) only appear to whom they choose. Its why Harrow could no longer see Khonshu after he stopped being his avatar.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Im thinking yes, the gods and their minions (not avatars) only appear to whom they choose. Its why Harrow could no longer see Khonshu after he stopped being his avatar.

Not sure how the jackals fit in since they weren't Khonshu's and Harrow could see them, too

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Not sure how the jackals fit in since they weren't Khonshu's and Harrow could see them, too
The Jackals were summoned from the Ammit's staff that Harrow had. I assume since he could summon them in the first place he was able to see them.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Could he see them? I don't think that was ever established, if so I missed it. Regardless, Im guessing as the avatar of Khonshu Marc / Steven were given "spirit sight" and thus were able to see all the mystic shit around. I wonder if now Layla could see them as the avatar of Taweret.

I quite enjoyed this series, I actually liked that they focused more on Marc / Steven and his mental health than they did on Moon Knight. And that final fight was just simply bad ass. The scene with Mr Knight straightening his suit mid fight was baller.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This show started great and ended like a wet fart.

It's like they had a great show and ESG came in and said, "There has to be a girl." So, then they wrote in a girl and changed all the fight scenes and story arc to include her. I'm not even sure if that's my biggest issue w the show.

It just got super boring and campy towards the end. Like, the way Ammit grew 200 stories tall in 5 seconds...wut? Why?

Ah, another "there has to be a girl shoehorned into everything" show. Got enough of that with Canada Chavez getting CGI'd into the background of every important conversation like Forrest Gump.

So is Moon Knight worth watching? I liked Wandavision, I'm starting to like Loki, haven't seen Hawkeye, What If, or Falcon Lectures Congress.