Moon Knight

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Harrow was just seeing figures in the mental ward?

I dont know why/how but I think it was Jake in the scene pointing his feet bleeding.

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vanessa, I think my biggest take from reading Moon Knight is you never really know whether it's all going on in Marc/Steven/Jake's head or whether it's reality.

Or a bit of both.

Can appreciate that could be frustrating for people who need certainty but I find the ambiguity refreshing in a generally tired medium.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, to put Khonshu in perspective.

Start of Moon Knight Volume 3 we see Marc beaten to a pulp and questioning why Khonshu has deserted him.

17391198._SX540_.png

Then later on in the story after he's beaten and mortally wounded this creature that has been torturing and eating children its final words are:

tumblr_nosu3mbanE1tob7k5o1_1280.jpg

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Vanessa, I think my biggest take from reading Moon Knight is you never really know whether it's all going on in Marc/Steven/Jake's head or whether it's reality.
Well yes, ultimately that is my final take too and have already said as much:
It's cyclical too. Some might think... was it all just a dream? Yes and no. Like Inception and the top spinning, you get the answer I think you want to see... it's very open ended.
You can simultaneously realize a story is open-ended AND present your own personal theory (which I did) as to what *really* happened.

The people who are saying, "No, Vanessa, this is how it really ended" are doing the exact same thing as someone not agreeing that it's open ended... they're saying their way is the only correct way.

I'm saying it's open ended, but saying it's open-ended doesn't mean I cannot have my opinion on how it really ended too :)

• 1Picard

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and what they believe to be true. Just know its not correct.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't you guys figured out that this dude loves to argue? If a penis and the entire world calling him a dude couldn't convince him of that fact - how the fuck do you think you can convince him that a company wouldn't create a multi-million dollar series, and then subsequently throw it in the trash all within one season?

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Was a pretty sweet end credits scene where they had Jake kill someone who was already dead and Khonshu told us he still had Jake as an avatar even though we know that's not true because we don't want it to be

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
heres a weirder thing: who the hell were all those people going into the Egyptian sands of judgment (duat)? The little purple sparks falling from the sky when they were on the ship. Were they the people that Ethan Hawke "judged" on the highway and in Cairo?

Well, those would all be Muslim people. So why are they going to the Egyptian underworld? Shouldn't they be going to the Islamic one? Wouldn't their version of God be super pissed that egyptian gods are sucking up his followers souls? Shouldn't all these Egyptian Gods be essentially powerless since no one believes in them anymore, or is that American Gods vibe not a thing here for some reason?

That doesn't even bring into the shit that went on in the Eternals, where some weird ass egg thing in the planet is hatching by sucking up life energy ala Final Fantasy or something. You'd think that group of people would also be super pissed if suddenly some Egyptian God is gonna run around killing millions.

Fadaar

That guy
heres a weirder thing: who the hell were all those people going into the Egyptian sands of judgment (duat)? The little purple sparks falling from the sky when they were on the ship. Were they the people that Ethan Hawke "judged" on the highway and in Cairo?

Well, those would all be Muslim people. So why are they going to the Egyptian underworld? Shouldn't they be going to the Islamic one? Wouldn't their version of God be super pissed that egyptian gods are sucking up his followers souls? Shouldn't all these Egyptian Gods be essentially powerless since no one believes in them anymore, or is that American Gods vibe not a thing here for some reason?

That doesn't even bring into the shit that went on in the Eternals, where some weird ass egg thing in the planet is hatching by sucking up life energy ala Final Fantasy or something. You'd think that group of people would also be super pissed if suddenly some Egyptian God is gonna run around killing millions.

What are they gonna do, suicide bomb the Egyptian pantheon?

• 2Worf

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
This show started great and ended like a wet fart.

It's like they had a great show and ESG came in and said, "There has to be a girl." So, then they wrote in a girl and changed all the fight scenes and story arc to include her. I'm not even sure if that's my biggest issue w the show.

It just got super boring and campy towards the end. Like, the way Ammit grew 200 stories tall in 5 seconds...wut? Why?

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This show started great and ended like a wet fart.

It's like they had a great show and ESG came in and said, "There has to be a girl." So, then they wrote in a girl and changed all the fight scenes and story arc to include her. I'm not even sure if that's my biggest issue w the show.

It just got super boring and campy towards the end. Like, the way Ammit grew 200 stories tall in 5 seconds...wut? Why?
Dont forget the little girl that had to be there to ask whether or not whats her face was a superhero. That was super necessary so the thousands of little girls watching this could be inspired and know that superheroes can be female. Injecting real world social agenda like that makes for super interesting show and in no way breaks suspense of disbelief.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ah yes, comic book shows, the genre most dependent on not challenging the audience's suspension of disbelief.

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
And what exactly do you think keeps you captivated while watching a super hero show? Or are you retarded enough to have no disbelief to suspend?

• 2Worf
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dont forget the little girl that had to be there to ask whether or not whats her face was a superhero. That was super necessary so the thousands of little girls watching this could be inspired and know that superheroes can be female. Injecting real world social agenda like that makes for super interesting show and in no way breaks suspense of disbelief.

Asking if she's a superhero could be something a kid would ask. Only, what she actually asked was:

"Are you an Egyptian superhero?"

In case anyone didn't realize how many woke and diversity points Disney was earning

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Asking if she's a superhero could be something a kid would ask. Only, what she actually asked was:

"Are you an Egyptian superhero?"

In case anyone didn't realize how many woke and diversity points Disney was earning

Yeah, I caught the "Egyptian" superhero too. Gotta collect those SJW points by injecting after-the-fact random encounters into your script.

Homsar

I think they went way to far in Egyptian lore for brownie points. Overall I think Harrow might have been the best Villain our of Disney + but it doesn't say much

Homsar

I liked it. To me,

Hawkeye>what if>loki=moon knight>wandavision>falcon& winter soldier
I have it Hawkeye, moon knight, what if. The rest I'll never watch again and Hawkeye I probible won't either. I will always watched the multiple loki episode or the zemo episodes from F&Ws. Never care to watch Wandavision again

Classic Loki saved that show

Last edited: