Morbius (2020)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully they do this right, Mobius/Blade movie would/should be awesome but marvel has lost a step aside from NWH

Last edited:

Homsar

Pretty sure Blade and Mobius are MCU
Edit - you're right, Morbius isn't, still think sony won't pass up the opportunity

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I mean to be fair, this got pushed back like 2 years? Was even supposed to be out before Venom 2.
to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
movie opens tomorrow. post credits scene has leaked, i have zero interest in this movie so watched it. embedded here with the text transcript, obviously spoilers so don't open if you are gonna watch the movie in theaters

transcript
Keaton in the cell: Hope the food is better in this joint

later in the desert

Vulture: Thanks for meeting me Doc. I've been reading about you.
Morbius: Oh, I see
Vulture: I'm not sure how I got here, has to do with Spider-Man I think. I'm still figuring this place out but I think a bunch of guys like us should team up and do some good
Morbius: Intriguing

I guess they are taking the Strange final spell in No Way Home and justifying it as a Sinister Six build up. lol

Xerge

<Donor>
Yikes movie went from 27 to 16% on RT today. Reddit thread mentioning it was removed by boxoffice mods👌

Homsar

How do they fuck this up. Leto is a solid actor.then again he should have been a slow build up

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Nah. No Blade & Co. If anything, word has it Sony removed most references to the Disney-Marvel-stuff.

Keaton basically "left" the Disney-MCU (which probably wouldn't re-use Vulture much) to be in Sony movies now.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Saw a couple of youtubers saying the movie has some issues but that it's not a terrible as people are making it out too be. A lot of the ire is going to the end credit shit though.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
How do they fuck this up. Leto is a solid actor.then again he should have been a slow build up

I really want (but will never happen) a postmortem on the last few years of intertwined Marvel-Sony stuff

In 2019, we were looking at Morbius in early summer 2020, Venom 2 in the late summer, then in 2021 Wandavision into Dr Strange 2 into Loki into Spiderman NWH in a roughly March to July period. All things kind of intertwined with multiverse stuff.

Instead they were released in the order of:

Wandavision, Loki, Venom 2, SM:NWH, Morbius, with Dr Strange 2 upcoming.

How much shit had to be rewritten and reshot in the last two years, especially for Morbius, which always showed us Michael Keaton's Vulture in the trailers, but also always mentioned Venom.

The director is out there talking about how the Sony Spider-Villain-Verse (?) has a spider-man, but i dont think its any we know, but we will see who it is "soon".

There is just so much that had to be rewritten, thrown away, added in, removed again, and then cobbled together for all of these things, I would really just love to see what the original plan was, to where we ended up with all of them.