Morbius (2020)

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
its doing as well as Black Widow, Infernals and Chachi Loves Kungfu.
Black Widow's numbers truly were impacted by Covid fears I think. It was still an awkward time for theatres.

This movie doesn't have that crutch. The other two you mentioned? Just bad movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
the MCU movies all did way better, during a time when a lot fewer people were going out to theaters.

NHW - $260m domestic OW
Venom 2 - $90m domestic
Black Widow - $80m domestic (+$60m from people who paid $30 streaming D+ premiere)
Shang Chi - $75m
Eterrnals - $71m
Morbius - $39m

In comparison to those its a "bomb", especially since Sonic 2 and Fantastic Beasts 3 is opening back to back now so Morbius won't have room to make much more. Still, its budget was only $75m so it should make money, but each subsequent "Sony Spidey verse" movie is making less and less money.

If they put out Kraven the Hunter next and then whatever bullshit Spider-woman movie they will do even worse, but Sony is real good at grinding their franchises into the ground - Spidey 3 and Amazing Spider man 2 killed the spiderman franchise in the past, and it looks like they haven't learned a thing.

• 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just watched it...it was very paint-by-numbers with an abrupt, unsatisfying ending, but it wasn't the worst. It was better than Eternals. I went in with 0 expectations and never watched a trailer for it, fwiw. Not recommending it to anyone...just saying I didn't hate it.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Shang Chi while not great doesn't deserve being thrown into the same shitpile as stuff like Eternals and Venom.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I couldn't make it all the way through eternals, or Vemom really but while not great I didn't hate Black Widow or Ching Chong chickety chopsticks. Black widow fucked up Taskmaster and had and a weak final act and I can't stand Aquafina

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Saw this last night and holy smokes it was bad. Probably the worst superhero movie Ive seen. There is just so many plot holes and things that do not make sense and have no explanation. Matt Smith definitely jumped the shark and went so over the top with his character. I saw people compare this to Venom as a dumb popcorn flick and Venom looked like awesome compared to this.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Saw this last night and holy smokes it was bad. Probably the worst superhero movie Ive seen. There is just so many plot holes and things that do not make sense and have no explanation. Matt Smith definitely jumped the shark and went so over the top with his character. I saw people compare this to Venom as a dumb popcorn flick and Venom looked like awesome compared to this.
So your saying this is worse than WW84, Green Lantern and Capt Marvel?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
green lantern IS significantly better than what most people say, but since even ryan reynolds bags on it all the time, it's fun to dogpile on it. i mean, the movie had a lot of issues but it's a step above both venom movies, for example.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
green lantern IS significantly better than what most people say, but since even ryan reynolds bags on it all the time, it's fun to dogpile on it. i mean, the movie had a lot of issues but it's a step above both venom movies, for example.
Parallax was probably the worst villain they could have chosen for the intro movie.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Catwoman is still the worst superhero movie of all time. Not close.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Catwoman is still the worst superhero movie of all time. Not close.
this is coming from a guy with a Gal Gadot avatar for over a year. Catwoman is better than WW84 and i have seen it way more times. WW84 i watched once and i never wanted to see it again. i actually own Catwoman on DVD. its a terrible movie, but it has a campy charm to it.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
this is coming from a guy with a Gal Gadot avatar for over a year. Catwoman is better than WW84 and i have seen it way more times. WW84 i watched once and i never wanted to see it again. i actually own Catwoman on DVD. its a terrible movie, but it has a campy charm to it.

I will say Halle's Catwoman has a bit of charm, and a bit of cringe to her but charm and personality, compare that The Batman's Catwoman, holy hell she was terrible, espicially that cringe line about evil white males, like bitch shut up, you're trying to get rich yourself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So not as cool as

1649409514024.png

is what I'm hearing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I didn't even finish WW84. Nor did I make it through Catwomin.

The last Reeve Superman movies were total trash, as bad or worse than Catwoman.