Mortal Kombat 11

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Siliconemelons

Don't give them money and tell them why.

Or you perpetuate the issue.

I want big tits and nice asses in bikinis for my fighting pleasure and OK signs all over- or no $

But you all will QQ but still $$ so they win

Gratz

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I knew this game would be shit. Just sayin :)

You guys should turn this crap in and buy Days Gone!

to be fair, it sounds like max enjoys the fighting a lot, and thinks its a solid fighter. However for most people that isn't enough since 99.9% of the consumer base isn't pro level fighters.

So yeah, they gated everything fun about the game for casuals behind random chests.

Good fighter, shit game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
to be fair, it sounds like max enjoys the fighting a lot, and thinks its a solid fighter. However for most people that isn't enough since 99.9% of the consumer base isn't pro level fighters.

So yeah, they gated everything fun about the game for casuals behind random chests.

Good fighter, shit game.

Yeah that's what's hard about liking this game. The actual game play is top notch but the bullshit that comes with it sucks. I did download the trainer and gave myself about a million coins so whatever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot

Good fighter, shit game.

What fun portions are gated? Elaborate please. Because how I see it, all the fun stuff isn't gated at all. What's gated is cosmetics. oh noes.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, no. The coin grind is ridiculous. And there are fatalities and augments that require farming. Average chest is about 7k in coins and thats a half hour of grind minimum. I like the game but Boon is full of shit here.

• 1Like

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
So? Farm.
You want to know how much farm ps2 era MK needed to unlock everything ?
Maybe it need some tuning for the chest cost idk? But that's not the point of Boon's answer.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The difference is that game was an artificially inflated to pump loot box sales. It took me baby a week regular play to get everything in that game and even then there wasn't leveling up your fucking characters and items you farmed.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
What fun portions are gated? Elaborate please. Because how I see it, all the fun stuff isn't gated at all. What's gated is cosmetics. oh noes.

I've not played, only watched, but here is what I have gathered

1. Useful unlockables in the chests include gear and each characters additional fatality/brutality (I think you start with 1 of each and unlock one more of each in the Krypt, correct me if I am wrong)
2. This gear is needed to beat the towers, so its a grind to access another grind.
3. (this is the one that would make me mad had I bought it) The Krypt exists in 10, but the chests are static. You can unlock the things you want first, in whatever order you like to suit your play, favorite characters, whatever. Now it is random. HOWEVER, the coordinate system is still in the game, so now it really feels like, "Hey, we need to pump some more money out of this game, scramble up those chests that were, at some point in development, static like in MKX"

So if youre just playing ranked and story, you really need to interact with none of this. If youre playing the other elements of the game, you need to hope RNGesus blesses you with loot drops instead of concept art in the Krypt, so you can beat those harder towers

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
And supposedly you can get duplicate items in the krypt that you can break down for less mats. At least that is was Maxx said on one of his streams.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The important things like Brutalities and a bunch of actual skins/weapon skins (and not just pallet swap skins) are in heart chests which are static, not RNG, and cost fatality heart currency.

Koin chests are the RNG chests that often have the crafting mats with a chance of pallet skins and icons and some fatalities and things like that. Fatalities can also be gained through towers and you don't need to find/unlock a fatality to use it. All it does is add it to your move list menu.

I forget what the green orbs unlock in the underground labyrinth and how to unlock them.

I don't think I've gotten a single duplicate item in the Krypt and I'm not sure if there are any but I've only fully unlocked the first two area Koin chests at around 350k Koins. I still have a couple side rooms and the entire underground.

The Krypt rage and Towers of Time are massively overblown. The Towers of Time are single player optional Towers that provide additional rpg-like challenges that require crafting and augments to beat in return for some skins. It has no impact on the single player character story towers and you can't take augments and things like that into online/ranked. It's just another thing to do single player outside of AI, lab training, and character towers. As for the Krypt, most people walked into the first two areas, spent their first 250k+ Koins, got mostly just crafting mats, left, and began to cry believing everything was just RNG. In actuality, most of the good stuff is in chests further in that requires other currency to open and you can fully explore the entire Krypt without spending Koins to get to the good stuff. When you enter the Krypt try to fully explore it and solve the puzzles; don't go into it thinking you should open chest after chest as you explore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so here's my thoughts on all of this. the people who get really out of control angry about loot boxes, are really more angry about the obviously artificial grind. there's a knee jerk reaction on the internet to correct someone, even if it doesn't REALLY matter.

but, and just hear me out on this... what if we ALL just start irrationally blaming loot boxes for everything? what if anytime a developer announces their game has loot boxes, we just... collectively flip out shit over anything and everything and blame it on loot boxes. maybe, JUST maybe, developers will get so tired of spending their time and energy correcting people and just stop putting in loot boxes.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
The thing is, I believe they don't see paid content as the main focus at ALL. it took me some work to even browse the shop and it was like "oh, pirate Kano outfit... yay, i guess?"

Nothing like a mobile/loot box transaction of "$2.99 for 1 box, $10 for 10 boxes, the more you buy the more you save % !" bullshit. even Blizzard is worse at this level of bullshit in overwatch.

As it was said before. Fatalities especially can be done as long as you know the inputs. They don't need to be unlocked. Unlocking is just for training + accessable from the menu. But it goes back to me being surprised people care, because as much as I personally love fatalities. No one online or in the "pro" scene (sorry, anyone in a fur suit as a "pro" in MK completely invalidates the chance a game has at being a part of esports) ever does fatalities anyway. It's just "FINISH HIM!" *punch* - Game over.

I think there's just people being desperate to be upset about/create controversy over, as a meme or stupid biproduct of today's gamer. Just like the stupid Jax ending. That's all it was, stupid. It wasn't some sjw conspiracy, it was the character being retarded, that's all I saw it as.

If there's anything to be upset about, it's Jacqui Briggs wearing some fucking toe shoes. I couldn't help get distracted every time i saw them during the single player. I think i'd rather see Crocs

1556229355976.png

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, there's definitely a hunt for something to be upset about. it's become american culture, unfortunately. the jax ending is... whatever. the baraka ending is basically the same thing, except more violent. i'm still way more upset about ronda rousey as sonya

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Bitching about loot boxes is always 100% justified in every game that implements them. There is not a single instance where they have been a positive in any game for the player. At best they are a minor nuisance that slightly lowers enjoyment value of a game, and at worst are probably responsible for games that may have been good turning out like shit because of their effect on design decisions.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Siliconemelons

Ffs can games just adjust for inflation some and do away with this loot box unlock grind bullshit on paid games.

Yeah new AAA games where 50-60$ in the 90s and still are... jump them to 70-80$ and get this crap flushed down the toilet

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I mean with the adjust for inflation argument most 90s games were still $90-$120. So, wait.... does that hurt or support your argument?