Mortal Kombat 11

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tarisk, they could have replaced fatalities with Systemic Racialities against and you'd say there is no SJW shit. You're a cultist, man. Ever try to make a cultist admit the cult has done something negative? All the sudden the cult stops existing anywhere around said subject. We get it.

Its just sad for most of us because when I get up, MK was leading the charge against the "family values" jerk offs who wanted games censored. Their response to conservative histrionics about the effect of violent images in games was to create more types of more graphic fatalities and actually emphasize what the censors wanted change. To see the opposite now...It's just...sad. You can rail against it being recognized all you want, but some people are still principled enough not to comment on how wonderful the Emperor's clothes are when they see his dick hanging out.

And loot boxes in any pay game is something that needs to die. I get it in Gacha games that are free, fuck that in full prices games though.

2019.02.15-04.15-boundingintocomics-5c66e5988de04.jpg
This just makes me sad, they took all the sexiness out of MK. Did they leave the gore or is that ok with the SJW creators?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Gore is OK because it reminds them about tranny gashes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This just makes me sad, they took all the sexiness out of MK. Did they leave the gore or is that ok with the SJW creators?

Need gore to show the brave fight against evil tyrants trying to make outworld great again!

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Its pretty funny seeing people that still defend the changes that were made, while the franchise is being ran into the ground.

Wonder what those people will say if MK12 turns out the next ME3.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Have to love the japs and their "fuck all foreigners" mentality.

I've always wondered why they share that trait with Texans.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Tarisk, they could have replaced fatalities with Systemic Racialities and you'd say there is no SJW shit. You're a cultist, man. Ever try to make a cultist admit the cult has done something negative? All the sudden the cult stops existing anywhere around said subject. We get it.

Its just sad for most of us because when I grew up, MK was leading the charge against the "family values" jerk offs who wanted games censored. Their response to conservative histrionics about the effect of violent images in games was to create more types of more graphic fatalities and actually emphasize what the censors wanted change. To see the opposite now...It's just...sad. You can rail against it being recognized all you want, but some people are still principled enough not to comment on how wonderful the Emperor's clothes are when they see his dick hanging out.

And loot boxes in any pay game is something that needs to die. I get it in Gacha games that are free, fuck that in full prices games though.

2019.02.15-04.15-boundingintocomics-5c66e5988de04.jpg

Last time I ever considered Sonya having sex appeal was MK3 when I was a teenager and found out the mocap actress had posed nude. Honestly the picture on the right looks like garbage. Oh boy, titties. If i wanted it sexualized, I'd want those titties flopping out when she got cut in half too. But instead the vest stayed perfectly attached.

For the realism and fatalities, you're right, i don't think it's an SJW move. An SJW move would be them including a femwhale with colored hair who had a mk9 level of revealing outfit pushing a "whales are sexy, too" agenda. - Or hell, an even less extreme SJW move but still plenty blatant would be them deciding you could no longer do fatalities on female characters. Then absolutely, yes, I'd agree 100% that it's an agenda that's getting pushed. I actually worried that was the case when I saw the garbage that was the DC vs MK games or whatever it was.

Instead, I feel what they did was a design decision that flows more smoothly with the severe upgrade in realism on the characters faces, models and animations to me. But you're right, I'm just blind to SJW fuckery and the one in a cult. When you and a few others will scour topics for any sign of the oppressive SJW regime, regardless of how absent it might actually be in said topics.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just looking at that vid earlier in the thread I think that MKX still has the best models for dudes but MK IX has the best ladies out of the 3 in the video.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
So by that same argument, Luclin models were better than classic in EQ because the female characters showed more cleavage/bigger tits, and who cares about how stupid the animations were? Wtf has this forum become?

• 1Salty

Cybsled

Just looking at that vid earlier in the thread I think that MKX still has the best models for dudes but MK IX has the best ladies out of the 3 in the video.

The models in 9 were trash. Sonya looks like they glued fucking beachballs to her chest. I honestly like the realism approach in 11 in terms of outfits and models. Not just the women, but the men as well. Gives it a much more cinematic appeal.

Anyways, if you like ultra tits, Jade still has a large set in 11 lol

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Women beating up men, not sjw. Women being covered up, sjw. Makes sense.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Patch Notes:

Hi all, Please see the latest updates to Mortal Kombat 11 for PS4 players. Updates for Xbox, Switch, and PC players coming soon.

General Gameplay Adjustments

• Fixed an exploit that allowed for more than one variation of a character to be set as default, which could then result in an online desync when trying to select that character
• Fixed a rare issue that occurred if the user lost internet connectivity while customizing their character, which would sometimes result in that variation being saved with some items being locked
• Fixed a rare issue that was affecting some user progression after using Kenshi’s blindfold in the Krypt to fully drain their Soul Fragments
• Move list and frame data corrections
• Integrated launch day gameplay server-side data
• Tweaks to online match-making
• AI adjustments
• Fixed a rare crash involving trying to use quick moves list in story mode
• Fixed a rare crash in the Totem Pole tower in The Gauntlet
• Fixed a crash related to pausing and unpausing the game
• Corrected some incorrect instruction text in tutorial mode
• Enabled Dev Slayer functionality
• Kitana’s Fans will no longer sometimes remain invisible if she is interrupted out of Edenian Fade with specific timing
• Hotfix server data will no longer sometimes become invalid when the game is booted up online
• Fixed a rare crash involving using a consumable near a chest in The Krypt
• Increased rewards for breakables in The Krypt
• Adjusted rewards from AI Battle mode
• Increased Koin rewards for winning Ranked Matches

Towers of Time Adjustments
• Adjusted AI difficulty curve
• Further opponent health reductions in higher level Towers
• Performing a Fatal Blow while standing in an active modifier will no longer sometimes cause unexpected behavior or a crash
• Ice based modifiers will no longer attempt to freeze players during invalid states
• Adjusted and removed modifiers from many Daily Towers
• Increased Koin Rewards for kompleting Towers and Tower Platforms
• Increased Dragon Challenge Koin rewards
• Increased post fight Koin rewards
• Increased amount of Hearts earned from Fatalities, Brutalities, and Mercies
• Lowered modifier damage for many modifiers
• Adjusted the lifespan of several modifiers
• Dramatically increased cooldowns on Tag Assist modifiers
• Fixed a missing Reduced Damage modifier in The Gauntlet
• Several Gift/Curse Modifiers are now considered projectiles allowing them to interact with moves that effect projectiles as intended
• Adjusted Gauntlet difficulty and progression requirements
• Disabler Konsumables now work with all intended modifiers
• Improved targeting for several Konsumables
• Sektor Hunter Killer Protocol Modifier is now disabled by the Rocket Disabler Konsumable
• Corrected some multipliers on Augments for some characters which were inconsistent with others
• Fixed incorrect Armor interactions with some Modifiers
• Decreased Konsumable cooldowns for players

Later this afternoon the Community Gift will be distributed via update for PS4 players that has 500,000 Koins, 1,000 Souls, 1,000 Time Crystals, 500 Hearts, as a thank you. Please make sure you log in and claim your Community Gift by May 6, 2019, at 8 am CST/6 am PST. Community Gifts will be sent out for Xbox, PC, and Switch players with their respective updates. We appreciate your patience!

Towers are now easy without AI or items and currency has been massively increased. 8 Hearts per a fight now (Mercy + Brutality) and that can be doubled with consumables.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
I've been playing an hour or two daily, I'm not a huge mortal kombat fan but I've played probably 4 or 5 of the games and love the movies and youtube series and stuff. There is clearly some "womyn are strong and amazing and like to dress in burkas" kinda shit in here, which is funny considering like 99% of the player base is probably guys. Still, most of the story just revolves around bros being bros and talking a lot of shit. Yeah, it'd be nicer if the chicks wore hot clothes but that age of gaming from western studios seems to be dead and gone sadly.

I do really enjoy the depth and breadth of the game. I don't care about skins and stuff so trying to 100% the game is not gonna be my thing but there is a lot of stuff in the tuitorials that really walk you thru how to be a non-retard player. For most of the story so far I just mashed random buttons and shit worked out but now I'm sorta learning actual combos in tutorials and feel like a better player. Maybe the same thing was in MK9 and 10 but I don't really remember it being as accessible.

I only bought the cheap ass regular version and will trade it in when I get my fill but for a good 20-30 hours (~10 hours story but there is a LOT more in the game) its a really nice break from my usual RPGs and open world games. The visuals are hilarious.

I might go install Tekken or Dead or Alive after this, curious how much better real japanese devs do the genre. Too bad they shy away from gratuitous violence.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Give Dragonball Fighterz a shot. It's pretty easy to pick up and is pretty fun.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah to their biggest time sink barriers have what appear to be glitches but I think or just back doors the developers put in for themselves to avoid their own bullshit grind. Thing is even doing the glitch takes the better part of an hour or two but it avoids literally 12 hours of fatality animations alone not even counting the actual fighting to get those animations. And someone got a developer to admit on Twitter that they used the backdoor themselves. It's so well-known at this point that do you would have to ban after player base if they wanted to take punitive action which I doubt they'll do given the backlash over the grind already. They let things that actually affected gameplay that were exploited in Injustice 2 Stan without any bands so unless Warner Brothers has a huge bug up their ass to milk this for cash I doubt anything comes of that glitch.

Now the grind is somewhat bearable and you can glitch past the ridiculous parts I've had some cause to delve into the less casual online play. Biggest issues to my mind are they added this whole customize your moves feature but they make you pick from two default builds for competitive play and most of them suck balls. Why put it in a whole movie eqiup system and then not let anybody use it at the highest levels? The other issue is not as important but it's pissing a lot of people off namely that you can't earn any form of skin or add-on through online play it all has to be done through offline single-player. Balance is pretty good but they need to tone down a couple of the characters mostly having to do with some characters having armor on their fatal moves and others having a lot of unpunishable strings. As usual Noob Saibot is the biggest offender but generic time travel guy is pretty high in the running for that kind of bulshit. Those issues aside this game is still pretty damn well-balanced at launch. There's maybe only two or three characters that are completely unplayable but unfortunately none of them is Raiden who's kind of been my favorite since the beginning of the series but has been steadily screwed over by the designers since he peeked in Deadly Alliance

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Women beating up men, not sjw. Women being covered up, sjw. Makes sense.

You seem to be confusing adherence to reality with changing a story for moral reasons. I get it, they shoved the idea down your throat that what is really happening is a bunch of man-babies just hate women, and thus this looks like double think for them not to hate women beating men vs women being covered up.

That's not the case though. No one has issues with strong representations of women, even ridiculous representations compared to reality. Half the people angry have watched Anime and read comics, played games forever where women are regularly the protagonist and far stronger than males, they enjoyed these things for decades before Hollywood "got woke" and decided to miss decades of what they simply claimed was now their progressive view of women. (Hell, half the reason this is so annoying is because you have a bunch of cunts claiming they are breaking new ground by looking at women like this, and when people point out they aren't and are just ignorant twats, the response is "this back lash must from misogyny")

The reality of it though is that it was never about how the women were displayed. It was about the clear motivation surrounding the media, and subverting the story or ignoring the history of the media specifically so you could force the characters to service a propagandists message. Half the SJW horse shit wouldn't even happen if various artists weren't narscistically ranting on twitter about how they ham-fistedly shoved some horseshit message into their story. Want a recent example? Alita Battle Angel, vs Captain Marvel-- both had strong women as protagonists but with Alita, she was a character first, and just happened to be a woman, with Captain Marvel she was a woman first, and had some personality kind of tacked on. (Could talk all day about spotting this, like with attribution of difficulty/motivation for change ect. But it would make the post really long. Most people though can sense this bullshit on screen because when characters are defined by something so narrow they come off as, well, one dimensional and stupid.)

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The models in 9 were trash. Sonya looks like they glued fucking beachballs to her chest. I honestly like the realism approach in 11 in terms of outfits and models. Not just the women, but the men as well. Gives it a much more cinematic appeal.

Anyways, if you like ultra tits, Jade still has a large set in 11 lol

Last time I ever considered Sonya having sex appeal was MK3 when I was a teenager and found out the mocap actress had posed nude. Honestly the picture on the right looks like garbage. Oh boy, titties. If i wanted it sexualized, I'd want those titties flopping out when she got cut in half too. But instead the vest stayed perfectly attached.

For the realism and fatalities, you're right, i don't think it's an SJW move. An SJW move would be them including a femwhale with colored hair who had a mk9 level of revealing outfit pushing a "whales are sexy, too" agenda. - Or hell, an even less extreme SJW move but still plenty blatant would be them deciding you could no longer do fatalities on female characters. Then absolutely, yes, I'd agree 100% that it's an agenda that's getting pushed. I actually worried that was the case when I saw the garbage that was the DC vs MK games or whatever it was.

Instead, I feel what they did was a design decision that flows more smoothly with the severe upgrade in realism on the characters faces, models and animations to me. But you're right, I'm just blind to SJW fuckery and the one in a cult. When you and a few others will scour topics for any sign of the oppressive SJW regime, regardless of how absent it might actually be in said topics.

I don't think the characters in Mortal Kombat had real sex appeal, like as in something people would find attractive. The raw sexuality of it, the almost absurdity of it, just worked thematically in a game about something as primal as ripping people's heads off. Everything is extreme, every base human behavior--which is why all the characters, men too, were so sexual. It wasn't about appealing to men--it was all about the primal/raw exaggerated motif, I think. That's why her titties didn't "flop out", but the sexuality remained--it wasn't about satisfying anyone's desire, it just was just unifying the theme of this game being an absurd exaggeration of those base desires in people (Sex and violence).

Which is one reason why i think the realism they are trying to add falls flat, at least for me. The game is about martial artist gods traveling to other dimensions to rip people's heads off and hearts out. It has a theme, and that theme is not realistic. Mixing in realism or trying to anchor it to something 'real' is like mixing a bunch of colors together--you just end up with shitty brown. I'm not saying you two have the wrong opinion--hell, I agree with you Sonya always looked ridiculous, I just think that was the point.

As for the reasoning behind the changes, that's a reasonable view Tarisk Tarisk , I appreciate it. And I might have come to the same conclusion if it weren't for the contemporary "woke" lines throughout the dialogue/script, you know what they are--and they make their motivation clear. And given how they still do sexualize some of the males, and it looks fine--I just don't think it was some change in art fidelity that brought this on. But I appreciate the reasoned response, and I'll admit while I think there is evidence for their motivation, its impossible to prove in this case because they aren't on twitter actually saying it and the characters in these games are so one dimensional anyway it would be impossible to tell without being ridiculous if they were written in service to an ideological point (Save for the one ending). So I don't think your opinion is a bad one to draw, I just don't agree.

Anyway, will let the thread get back to the patch.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

The only thing that got toned down when it comes to gfx is amount of female skin showing.

Gore and male skin showing have increased.

Kano-MK11-Render-Featured-Image.jpg

vs

e6613r.jpg

and you feel this was a design choice which would make the game more cohesive?

• 1Picard