Most memorable comic book moments

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I like Franklin Richards in exactly one thing. Earth X. It"s a cool set of comics and he"s got a small but cool role.

Rime_foh

shitlord
Pardon the intrusion, but where would one go to catch up on Marvel series? I ceased reading comics during the horrible Spider-Man Clone Saga, giving up Iron Man, Hulk, and Punisher in the process. I have checked information concerning the Marvel site, but it is pretty spotty with what it has...

Maybe a message in my Inbox concerning where one with less pristine scruples might go about stocking a large backlog of comics to "catch" up?

meStevo_foh

shitlord
If you really want to go nuts, look up a torrent called Marvel Major Event chronology.

Agree with buying TPBs of stuff you like. I"m waiting for an excuse to get the Age of Apocalypse hardbound collection that came out recently. Wish it had a couple more things in it but it will almost certainly end up on my shelf next to Old Man Logan, and my Secret Wars 1 and 2 omnibuses.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If you are into newsgroups, there is a guy that collected practically every major comic in existence and then posted his entire collection over the past year or so in one of the groups. I had to stop downloading after awhile as I had already filled up 1 TB with just his stuff, and I realized I"d probably never, ever read all of that. Really nicely organized and everything too.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Lyrical said:
Their equal? He killed all of the Celestials and Galactus is now his herald LOL.
Yeah I should have been more clear. As a CHILD they felt he could be an equal/threat. ADULT Franklin is apparently something God wishes he could be.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
There have been so many previews, I am pretty sure I"d already read all but like 5 pages of AvX #1. Dorked out and took my son to the party tonight that Maximum Comics threw... "Xavier Institute for Higher Learning" shirt and all. Really glad this is out every 2 weeks.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
I remember Armorines being one of my favorite Valiant titles. Image has recently resurrected some titles too, Bloodstrike and Prophet.

Stopped reading DC"s "New 52" but as more former Wildstorm characters show up it makes me want to get back into them.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lyrical said:
I just don"t...

I guess the issue before FF604, Galactus is fighting the Celestials, and loses. Franklin Richards from the future gets involved, and punks the Celestials in one hit.

This is the dumbest thing I"ve ever seen in comics EVER. And the issue just gets worse later on, much, much worse.
This is a perfect example of why I gave up comics (Been kind of on and off again with them my whole life.)...But as I got older, I just couldn"t stand stories where writers don"t respect the rules of the universe they make. I don"t mind some bending, here and there--like say if a Galactus gets repelled by a less hero because he outsmarts him, or something, but I can"t stand just things like "Omega is the most power---except the Beyond Omega people--and oh hey look, that guy is beyond the beyond Omega."

One of the worst characters for this is Hulk....Oh is Hulk losing? Well, he just gets angrier....Is someone taking over Hulk"s mind? Well, he gets angrier until they can"t....Bleh.

I just don"t understand why writers think it"s entertaining to create characters that have NO threats, or weaknesses. It"s like every time they put the pen to the paper, they mistake writing a good character, for increasing their dick size through the characters power...Really annoying.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Can anyone recommend any decent non-DC or Marvel comics that have come out in the past few years? I"ve been out of the loop for about 5 years. I"ve got a good idea what"s going on with DC and Marvel these days so I"m looking for some lesser known books that I"ve missed that are worth checking out.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Irredeemable
Hellraiser
The Walking Dead
Invincible
Supergod
The Boys
Black Summer
No Hero
We3
Black Gas
Crossed

The Walking Dead, Invincible, and The Boys are all ongoing series and are very good and for very different reasons. The current Hellraiser comics that Boom! Studios is one of the best comic book continuations of a film series I"ve ever ran across. Supergod, Black Summer, No Hero, and Black Gas are all Warren Ellis"s work and solid.

Looking at what sprang to mind I sure did recommend a whole mess of deconstructions.

meStevo_foh

shitlord
meStevo said:
Solicitations for AvX #6 are out: "No More Avengers"
Less excited. Cyclops says the quote, not Scarlet Witch, and unless he"s hosting the Phoenix, or has an Infinity Gauntlet on, won"t mean much.