Most underrated and overrated movies ever

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Underrated: Gremlins 2. Extremely joke-dense movie.

Overrated: Requiem for a Dream. The most overproduced afterschool special ever.

(Shit I already posted the second one 4 years ago.)

Okay, another overrated movie is Full Metal Jacket. Goes to absolute shit after the opening in boot camp.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Okay, another overrated movie is Full Metal Jacket. Goes to absolute shit after the opening in boot camp.
Girls don’t play war.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Speaking of overrated 'Nam movies, I would add the Deer Hunter. There's pieces of it that are excellent, and we all know what those are, but the movie as a whole really drags at times and is pretty unfocused. The whole wedding sequence in the beginning that's like an hour long, I'd rather play some Russian roulette myself than sit through that again. It feels to me like the director didn't really know what he was doing and got lucky he had phenomenal performances by Walken and DeNiro to carry his movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Leon was alright. The relationship between Leon and uhh whatever her name was is suspect especially when you realize the same culture that made it also made cuties.

Matilda. And while she clearly had a traumatized crush on Leon (there's more of it in the director's cut), he's bewildered by her behavior and does not reciprocate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

That may be the dumbest thing ever posted on this site. Full Metal Jacket is overrated? Stanley Kubrick at his fucking best. And how is Requiem for a Dream overrated? Jennifer Connelly with a double sided dildo getting it on with another girl is overrated?

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think an under rated movie for me is Upgrade. Every person I tell to watch it think its amazing but hardly anyone has ever heard of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I think an under rated movie for me is Upgrade. Every person I tell to watch it think its amazing but hardly anyone has ever heard of it.
Was about to download it and check it out but no 4K release for a movie from 2018? Garbage

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That may be the dumbest thing ever posted on this site. Full Metal Jacket is overrated? Stanley Kubrick at his fucking best. And how is Requiem for a Dream overrated? Jennifer Connelly with a double sided dildo getting it on with another girl is overrated?
Req for a Dream is trash and Jared Leto is the scum of the earth

The only good film Aronofsky ever made was The Wrestler.

Oh and Black Swan I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Dislike

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Speaking of overrated 'Nam movies, I would add the Deer Hunter. There's pieces of it that are excellent, and we all know what those are, but the movie as a whole really drags at times and is pretty unfocused. The whole wedding sequence in the beginning that's like an hour long, I'd rather play some Russian roulette myself than sit through that again. It feels to me like the director didn't really know what he was doing and got lucky he had phenomenal performances by Walken and DeNiro to carry his movie.

Same feelings here. And the way the film drags . . . groan . . . at times the camera is just left running with no edits or breaks, which can work if done right - but not in this film.

Just in case you feel the same about the pacing and editing:

Screenshot (17).png

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm going to get creamed for this I know...The new Bladerunner. I thought it was just OK.

• 3Like
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to get creamed for this I know...The new Bladerunner. I thought it was just OK.

not really even OK, like most movies today, relies too much on visuals and the glory of its predecessors.

• 2Rustled
  • 1Garbage

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Jennifer Connelly with a double sided dildo getting it on with another girl is overrated?
Other than the last 5 minutes of the movie does anyone give a shit about the rest of the movie? It's fucking wretched.

And Full Metal Jacket is just so boring compared to the other Vietman movies, after the intro in bootcamp.

• 1Garbage

Sevens

Log Wizard
I have to admit I agree that Full Metal Jacket was a terrible movie after the boot camp part.
Was just boring and bleh afterwards

• 1Garbage

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I didn't think Logan was anything special. By the time I got to it expectations were so high they couldn't be met. The direct in-movie Shane reference I'd seen done before even.

I do like all of Full Metal Jacket but I get why people tune out after boot camp ends.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
overrated: all lord of the rings movies. They're so long winded and drawn out. Plus even when something is happening the plot armor is so heavy it's beyond funny.

underrated: the first Saw movie. It should have stayed just one movie. Sure it's a cult classic now but it's importance to the genre is almost forgotten because of all the shitty sequels that were made, trying to turn it into a franchise. All people now think when they hear about the original that it must be as shit as the ones that came after.

• 3Like
  • 2Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I didn't think Logan was anything special. By the time I got to it expectations were so high they couldn't be met. The direct in-movie Shane reference I'd seen done before even.

I do like all of Full Metal Jacket but I get why people tune out after boot camp ends.

I agree about Logan. I thought it was better than most superhero movies, but not anything special.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Holy shit, I wouldn't even say it was "okay." I thought it was fucking awful, and didn't see what all of the hype was about. They were following them the entire time, so at the end Harrison Ford shows up at his daughter's doorstep? Also, what was the point of Leto's character in the movie? He didn't even do anything.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
  • 1Clown World