Most underrated and overrated movies ever

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Here is my underrated list:
Whiplash

Great movie, but it's hard to see how a movie that got 94% on RT, won 3 oscars, and was nominated for 2 more including Best Picture, is underrated.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Underrated - Tremors

This scene should be placed in a temple and worshiped everyday.

Definitely the best movie of all time to feature Reba McEntire firing a machine gun.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tremors is a classic. Watched that one a lot as a kid.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Underrated: Adaptation. Best movie Charlie Kaufman has written, change my mind.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

iannis

Musty Nester
Sgt Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band

with Peter Frampton and the Bee Gee's. I don't know that it's under rated. It's just barely anyone has ever seen it or heard of it. Everyone that I know (two people) that knew of it before I showed it to them already loved it.

Disco Beatles is far out.

• 2Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider

The new French submarine movie posted earlier in the Movie forum got me thinking back to this gem (it is also French). It turned out to be a fun movie and for whatever reason still remains obscure and hard to find. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't, as most of the comments say it channels some pretty hard Bloodborne vibes but interestingly is inspired by true events.

• 6Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

The new French submarine movie posted earlier in the Movie forum got me thinking back to this gem (it is also French). It turned out to be a fun movie and for whatever reason still remains obscure and hard to find. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't, as most of the comments say it channels some pretty hard Bloodborne vibes but interestingly is inspired by true events.
I try to show this to all my friends. This movie is fantastic.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I try to show this to all my friends. This movie is fantastic.
Great movie. The martial arts scenes are really well done with Mani. Trivia - Mani the "Indian" is actually Hawaiian and spent years on the cooking show Iton Chef America. He won martial arts awards as a youth.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mark Dacascos was/is a beast; he just translated poorly during the late 90s/early 2000s to being a leading action guy. I'm really stoked to see him in John Wick 3; the guy is a legit martial arts badass, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with him in the film.

Brotherhood of the Wolf is/was a great flick; it had a heavy Equilibrium vibe where it was super neat but also not mainstream at all. Great flicks.

• 3Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mark Dacascos was/is a beast; he just translated poorly during the late 90s/early 2000s to being a leading action guy. I'm really stoked to see him in John Wick 3; the guy is a legit martial arts badass, and it'll be interesting to see what they do with him in the film.

Brotherhood of the Wolf is/was a great flick; it had a heavy Equilibrium vibe where it was super neat but also not mainstream at all. Great flicks.

Had no clue he was in JW3.

Awesome. What is his role?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bald badguy assassin, I believe. Haven't looked much deeper to avoid spoilers, but he's featured in one of the trailers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
He seems to pop up in the oddest places:

Mark Dacascos - IMDb

Even in Stargate.

• 2Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Underrated - Constantine and the original Silent Hill movie. Two of my all time favorites, subjective as it is. Will rewatch regularly.

Overrated - Black Panther. Bitch, please.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users