Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
My bro had a black 999, and still has a red 998 (that he's driven about twice since he dropped it and put his right foot on sideways). But otherwise yeah, I've got a 2005 R6 and a 2011 Multistrada. 2-3 friends all want to buy my R6, which I don't particularly want to sell because it's not worth enough to bother, but it would also give me an excuse to go buy a Streetfighter (or something else similar for ripping around the city). I can't really make up my mind if I should or not.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Ballsy. And given how warm it is right now, dude must like getting hella dirty.

rrr_img_9054.jpg

Gnomer_sl

shitlord
Not a bad looking bike for a BMW, I like how they ride but never really cared for how they look. I have a 636 Ninja, 2005, I like it a lot but if I went a new bike it would be a Ducati Streetfighter probably.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
I think a bike without fairings is the best type for a in town commuter bike... less chance of getting impounded for excessive speed lol its amazing how much wind fairings deflect at speed

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This isn't my bike, but it's identical, except that my saddle bags are black, and I have a custom seat with a low back rest for the driver.

62938894_1-Photos-de-BMW-1100-RT-ABS.jpg

BMW 1100rt. Great bike. I ride it every day, even in the winter, so long as there isn't ice on the road. Cold doesn't bother me - the fairings keep the wind off me entirely, and it has heated grips. I've been on it in temperatures as low as 12 degrees for more than 30 minutes, and have been 100% fine.

I ride it around town, love it. It handles great. It's also great on the highway, and I get really good mileage. And the best part, I got it from a stupidly rich guy who doesn't really know the value of anything, and he just wanted to get rid of it. It's a 2000, it had 28,000 miles on it, and I paid only 5,000$. wOOt.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
The styling of BMW bikes has always been a bit "off" for me, No denying that they make a fantastic bike but goddamn most of their bikes are just plain ugly looking.

Mind you my opinion may not be all that valid since i think Triumph makes some of the best looking bikes on the road today.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
S1000 RR looks like it has the downs. I'd consider one, but not until the headlights are symmetrical.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The styling of BMW bikes has always been a bit "off" for me, No denying that they make a fantastic bike but goddamn most of their bikes are just plain ugly looking.

Mind you my opinion may not be all that valid since i think Triumph makes some of the best looking bikes on the road today.
I know what you mean. However, I don't much care what the motorcycle looks like. I care a lot more what the bike rides like. The way you sit on a BMW is incredibly comfortable for me, and that's important. It's hard for me to find a comfortable bike, as I'm pretty tall. These are built for tallish people.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Since watching Long Way Round I've wanted a dual sport BMW
tongue.png
Awesome series. I have that and Long Way Down. Watch each one every couple years.

rrr_img_10269.jpg
rrr_img_10270.jpg
What I had '04 to '07 (Shown at my parents house when selling in winter of '07). Bikeless for over 5 years and until I can afford to run only at a track, it'll stay that way; done riding on the street - but man do I miss it. Now, it's just sports cars. Living in California with this traffic, no effing way I would ride on the street.

Sugarhigh_sl

shitlord
Long way round was epic... Long way Down was good, it would have been much better if Ewan would have told his wife to stay at home and not shit up the series by coming along

Bonzai_sl

shitlord
Been riding since 1978. Not gonna name off the countless earlier bikes, but since 1999 there have been ...
1999 Ducati 996, 1998 916 SPS
2008 Kawi ZX-14, 2009 Kawa ZX-14, 636
2007 Monster S4RS
2002 GSX-R 600, 2006 GSX-R 1000
2009 Ninja 250 (Wife), 2003 GSX-R 600 Allstar
2009 CRF 450R (SuperMoto)
2009 KTM 990 SMR

I mostly do track since I can't afford anymore jailtime for freaking speeding.

Let's see if some pics will work ...
rrr_img_10345.jpg
rrr_img_10346.jpg
rrr_img_10347.jpg
rrr_img_10348.jpg
rrr_img_10349.jpg
rrr_img_10350.jpg

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I know absolutely NOTHING about motorcycles, but I'm thinking about purchasing this bike here:

Some guy is selling it near me for $4k - which I think I can negotiate to a little bit lower. 2002 R1150r or something - again, I'm a total novice and just wanted to buy something cheap to tool around town with, maybe ride on the weekends etc. Tired of being so thrifty and want a decent hobby to get in to... plus the weather is getting great again haha. Any experience w/ a bike like this or know someone who does? Thanks.