Motorcycle Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I am selling my poor Harley XR1200X!

I just can't seem to get enough time to ride it over here in stupid Germany.
At least have some fun before you do?
nurburgring-cornering-map-guide-download.jpg

Empala_sl

shitlord
a_skeleton_03, buy a real bike, like Ducati Panigale, BMW S1000RR or something. And track it. Tons of tracks in Germany.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
One of these tried to follow me home this morning. I barely escaped without taking it home.

Thruxton_Brooklands_Green.jpg

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I came really close to getting a Bonnie a couple months back but then I remembered how since I was last riding everyone is now texting and driving...

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had an original Bonneville and got rid of it when I started riding less and maintenance on it started getting out of hand. The biggest accident causer around here is mostly animals on the road instead of other drivers if you aren't commuting to the city on it everyday and instead just ride for fun.

If anyone likes vintage bikes, cafe racers, oddball racing bikes and other just "cool" bikes even from today this is a great thread with over 18,000 replies that is a great time waster.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61824

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So a friend is attempting to sell me his newer Royal Enfield C5 Military. Has about 1,200 miles on it (his wife is making him sell it) and he is asking $5,800. I haven't really ridden anything since college so I have no fucking clue, but I would like to have something to bum around with on the weekends. For the record I used to ride an old Yamaha 350 that I ghetto cafed out and I loved it. Not sure how this might match up.

Deal or No Deal?

Looks just like this one.
rrr_img_35012.jpg

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Last of the roommates just got his bike. Bought a Yamaha Bolt. Really good looking. Him and I just took the motorcycle course this past weekend. Gonna get my license and register my bike on Friday!

So our house now has
2012 Yamaha V-Star 950
2012 Victory Highball 1700
2014 Yamaha Bolt 950
1983 Honda Nighthawk 650 (Mine)

Who's the odd man out?
tongue.png

Yamaha Bolt below.

Empala_sl

shitlord
Yay, got a S1000RR for next season!

In other news: my engine stopped last week at Le Mans during a free practice. Possibly the heat (37C) or some faulty wiring. We checked wiring/coolant/oil in between sessions, didn't find anything. She just started again next session, very strange. Sorry about the crappy angle, the heat fucked with the GoPro mount
frown.png
. Engine failure is at 11:00 onwards. Nothing spectacular, just me shitting myself.

This is on old tires without quickshifter, best lap around 2:02. My pace with the S1000RR is 1:56'ers.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
So a friend is attempting to sell me his newer Royal Enfield C5 Military. Has about 1,200 miles on it (his wife is making him sell it) and he is asking $5,800. I haven't really ridden anything since college so I have no fucking clue, but I would like to have something to bum around with on the weekends. For the record I used to ride an old Yamaha 350 that I ghetto cafed out and I loved it. Not sure how this might match up.

Deal or No Deal?

Looks just like this one.
I was about to comment on the bike then noticed how old the post is. Did you buy it?

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Loud pipes save lives basic premise is that you expect other drivers to notice and make way for the bike if they can hear it.

Anyone who rode a bike in a high traffic area and who isn't brain damaged is aware the only person they can trust for their own survival is themselves. I can't count the number of times I locked eyes with another driver and he still drove as if I wasn't even there, so good luck if you think being heard will help you. Not to mention that loud pipes makes it harder for the rider to hear whats going on around his bike.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
To me, you're all organ donors waiting to be harvested. Go drive that bike!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Loud pipes save lives basic premise is that you expect other drivers to notice and make way for the bike if they can hear it.

Anyone who rode a bike in a high traffic area and who isn't brain damaged is aware the only person they can trust for their own survival is themselves. I can't count the number of times I locked eyes with another driver and he still drove as if I wasn't even there, so good luck if you think being heard will help you. Not to mention that loud pipes makes it harder for the rider to hear whats going on around his bike.
This. A thousand times this. Great post.