Motorcycle Thread

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
2006-2007 R6 was seen as the Gen 2, and was down some mid range power compared to the 2005 and pre Gen 1s and had shorter forks than the 2008+s. The 2008 had variable intake stacks and regained the midrange but had some other frame/airbox oddities that the 2009-2010s didn't have if I recall.

Lot of drama in racing around the airbox and the air filter and some frame stiffness modifications (removing a cross member under the airbox) with the 2008+ bikes.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
It seems like most of the people (well the frequent posters) all prefer the more "sporty" bikes rather than a pure cruiser style. All about personal preference, just an observation. I have a Suzuki M50 as my first/starter bike and so far it's been pretty good. Just wish it had a little more zip in accelerating but oh well.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm a big fan of the naked bikes, because they're comfortable and they have lots of torque. I do like cruisers, but it's more on the custom side so cost rules those out for me.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Cruisers are a lifestyle bike to me. Form over function. I'd rather ride something with a developed performance function first.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm a big fan of the naked bikes, because they're comfortable and they have lots of torque. I do like cruisers, but it's more on the custom side so cost rules those out for me.

Check the current kawa naked bikes if you do move up to 800+cc. At least for my tall frame I felt so perfectly tucked into their various Z's. With my disc issue giving me sciatic leg pain again have started looking for maybe some super plush seats for the v1000.

Hekotat

I thought it was an 08 but it's actually and 03, I don't think I can sell it for a profit so I backed out.

Molten Core Raider
I ride a cruiser, 750 shadow, but it is the only bike I have any time on besides the honda I rode during the safety course. I dig it, prefer the seating position (have sat on a few different types but that is it, my experience is VERY limited!), and I dont have any trips over about 1.5 hours on it yet. Plenty of miles though!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm with Hekotat Hekotat when it comes to cruisers, $$$$ keeps me away from something I would want. Some of them tho are down right obnoxious. Was down in Denver one evening, fucking guy is on a Harley thats loud as fuck already blasting a fucking stereo that was even louder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My BMW is a cruiser, but it's plenty sporty. I'm tall, over 6 feet, and I find most sport bikes are not tall enough for me. Plus, I find most sport bikes uncomfortable for long trips. My legs cramp up, whereas I have ridden 1,000 km in a day on my BMW and been comfortable the whole time. Further, even though it is a big, heavy bike, I use it for daily riding in town with no difficulty or fatigue.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I assume you guys heard of the Isle of Man TT. Those mofos are cray-cray. Seriously you must have a chemical imbalance in your head to race in that shit. I guess another rider died today in a practice run.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Realize that most of the guys racing in the U.K. also have day jobs and can't survive on racing alone.

They volunteered for the madness of the TT because of their passion.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Those guys are super crazy. Been watching videos on the 390/690 dukes more since the BMW is a no go for me. Came across this video thats pretty cool:

Hekotat

I'd love to learn how to drift my Duke like that in Supermoto mode, but fuck trying on my own bike.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pulled the trigger on a 2017 690. Pick her up on the 11th. Wish it could be sooner but the condo I'm getting isn't ready till the 10th. It has some KTM powerparts on it already which is cool. Went in thinking it was going to be the 390, but sitting on the 690 just felt better for me. My feet went exactly to where the pegs are naturally.

IMG_20180531_153300.jpg
IMG_20180531_153321.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sludig

Pulled the trigger on a 2017 690. Pick her up on the 11th. Wish it could be sooner but the condo I'm getting isn't ready till the 10th. It has some KTM powerparts on it already which is cool. Went in thinking it was going to be the 390, but sitting on the 690 just felt better for me. My feet went exactly to where the pegs are naturally.

View attachment 167401View attachment 167402

Bruh ride w/ meeeeee. If just so I can see it in person running around.

Looks like you picked it up from Sun. How bad was rape on assembly etc bullshit charges? We'd walked on them since the initial asking on a grom seemed way high over factory msrp, probably ended up paying more later elsewhere due to the other fee's and too much of a buy it nowww as anniversary gift.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
They had it priced at $8999, then put the price at $9499 for the freight/handling stuff. With the added bits already on it the price seemed reasonable to me. Tax is a bitch out here. Oregon doesn't have sales tax so I'm always looking at stuff and not thinking it will cost more than that.

Where are you located? I'm in Boulder

Sludig

Frederick, east side of 25 by longmont. Commute on my versys 1000 frequently to greeley and still sitting on a vulcan s that I'm waiting for wifeto realize is what she wants to ride over her Grom.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Definitely down for meeting up. Will PM you my info once I've got the bike and we can plan a meet up.