Motorcycle Thread

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I ended up backing out of the 690 Duke deal. Felt like I was settling on a bike I really didn't want. So I went back to the financial drawing board. Moved some stuff around and came up with a way to get the bike I was really wanting. Paid a total of $13,589. They didn't charge me the extra $200 for the crystal white color so saved a little bit. My first accessory purchase was the seat cowl. Nobody riding on the back with me on this one no matter how pretty she is.

View attachment 168325

That is a good looking bike, I really like the color scheme.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That has a bigger case of needing a fender delete than the Grom. Stats? Imagine it actually has a decent sounding exhaust stock. I like some other naked bikes but that one seems a little too bare for my tastes though the fancy swingarm is eye catching.

Tail tidy and bar end mirrors are up next on my list of must have purchases. First minute or so of this video has the sound of the stock exhaust with a decent quality recording

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I ended up backing out of the 690 Duke deal. Felt like I was settling on a bike I really didn't want. So I went back to the financial drawing board. Moved some stuff around and came up with a way to get the bike I was really wanting. Paid a total of $13,589. They didn't charge me the extra $200 for the crystal white color so saved a little bit. My first accessory purchase was the seat cowl. Nobody riding on the back with me on this one no matter how pretty she is.

View attachment 168325
I realize what it reminds me off with that forward cluster....

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That has a bigger case of needing a fender delete than the Grom. Stats? Imagine it actually has a decent sounding exhaust stock. I like some other naked bikes but that one seems a little too bare for my tastes though the fancy swingarm is eye catching.
~125-ish HP.

I've got the RS, which loses a few ponies in the mid range for a few more at the top end due to a different cam. Stock exhaust is pretty quiet around town, which I like a lot. Most of the heard sound is gear whine.

The belly pan is functionally useless but it definitely cleans the look up. I am sad that the RS didn't get the red rear subframe. I wanted that white R color scheme but the RS upgrades were a complete no brainer for the extra ~$1,000 it cost.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So I am the dumb. Thought I locked my bike yesterday while it was still light out. Went to a dinner/meeting and when I came back a few hours later .... daylight running lights are on, WTF?? I fucking put into park like a dumb ass. So I am charging a dead battery instead of enjoying this fine ass day for riding. :(

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I did remove the key. The park setting on the R is past lock when you turn the key all the way to the left. Putting it into park leaves the daytime lights on and locks the handlebars in place.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
If you'd park your bike where it could be in the way of other vehicles at night. So, allows you to put the hazards on and walk away with the keys in your pocket. Odds of it ever being used are pretty slim but that's somehow something that is a legal requirement some places.

Sludig

So I am the dumb. Thought I locked my bike yesterday while it was still light out. Went to a dinner/meeting and when I came back a few hours later .... daylight running lights are on, WTF?? I fucking put into park like a dumb ass. So I am charging a dead battery instead of enjoying this fine ass day for riding. :(
Dunno kinda hot. Friday i thought was my favorite. Overcast 65/70 degrees ish. Missed commuting to work since i had to do some dumb first aid online before rushing top work in the truck

Sludig

I got one of the fancier battery tenders i take with me to work jusy in case i leave my grips on. I killed my battery 1-2 x in my first few months parking at home. I now always turn bike off via key not killswitch and im pretty big on locking the wheel because bike theft is somewhat of a problem here, which doubles to make sure electric is off.

Sludig

75 degrees is hot to you?
It's hotter than that. But yes about 80+ is into my unhappy about it territory. At least as far as my normal riding which is commuting in my full blown ski jacket style jacket/pants etc, and if I'm going to work wearing my duty gear. Those >80 days I've started dumping my pants and work belt into the side cases. (Hated adding them since I have to horse mount the bike vs just swing a leg over) and stuff my kevlar into my backpack.

We get like 2 weeks of spring 55-65 degree weather it usually seems like before skipping straight to 70+ until winter. Right now I think my favorite temp is ~45-50 ish.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Get a summer jacket, it's night and day difference.

It only gets uncomfortable for me when 90+ and at a stoplight. Summer jacket makes it much better.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Dunno kinda hot. Friday i thought was my favorite. Overcast 65/70 degrees ish. Missed commuting to work since i had to do some dumb first aid online before rushing top work in the truck

I was up early, maybe 6:30 or so and it was perfect out. Was planning to hit up the route from this link:

Peak to Peak Highway in Colorado | Colorado Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

Plan was to ride to Golden, then over to Black Hawk up to Estes Park then make my back to Boulder. Hopefully get to it tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user