Motorcycle Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sweet, I am down with that. Oregon is so wet plus with the gravel I pretty much stop in about a month from now or so

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I ride until around 40 degrees, fuck anything below that. See below for why.

windchill-chart1.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I ride year round, too. When the streets are dry. Even if it's below 30. I've ridden here in temperatures as low as 15. Cold as all get out, but still fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I actually have vents open even during winter. But i also am wearing 2 shirts and kevlar.

I am looking at oxford mitts or go $$ for hippo hands because the only bad thing about cold is my hands freeze even with heated grip, handguard, thin glove + thick glove.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Heated grips and good leather gloves seems to do the trick for me. I also have full ferrings and a windshield to keep wind off me.

Sludig

I've been using Five WFX1 Waterproof Gloves along with the OEM barkbusters and so far so good. I usually ride until december/when snow stays on the ground.
Discontinued frown town.

I have heated grips, but fingers/ top freeze in windchill. Even tried thin glove under latex glove in winter moto glove. I suspect I'll cook once i get the mitts. Stock handguard i feel let's plenty of air hit some i often can twist my wrist slightly to shoot air up my sleeve

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they did a liquidation sale on them last year. Got a wicked deal on them.

The Fort9 guy made a video on them a while back. He described them as a technical winter glove for people who drag knee in the sleet. I chuckled and thought fuck, that's me.

They have a similar model now that is pretty much the same (Five WFX Tech Waterproof Gloves), has less leather on the outer part of the hand and is like 40% cheaper. I shovelled snow with mines to break them in properly. The palm part is pretty thin insulation wise, for better control feel and heated grips I figure, but the upper of the hand is full on Canadian winter insulation thick. They are toasty.

I had to tweak my handguards a bit to get the right angle. If they are ever so slightly off the air flow around them will go right up my sleeves or hit my finger tips.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So not sure it's very naked sports bike style but fuck it. Grabbed a sw-motech alu rack for a 29l givi top case. Luckily everything pops off except for the rack super easily. Place for my helmet, groceries for around town type stuff. Next spring will hopefully be doing some overnight rides towards the West and will be handy then as well

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I originally thought I'd remove my top rack/box when I'd go on rides and don't want the extra luggage that spoils the lines of my bike.
Top box turned out to be so damn useful, I put locktite on every bolts of the rack, put a few through the bottom of the box itself and decided it's never coming off.

If you're concerned about the look, you need to add panniers, they add drag but really balance the look. Top box alone does look a bit weird.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, I thought about panniers but really just want a place for my helmet. Gonna try and get it all on tomorrow or the next day if the doctor gives me the ok. He might even ok riding till my next surgery next week.

Sludig

Anyone in Texas that can speak to any suprises/abnormally high costs when it comes to tax title liscence etc? Found a dealer selling new H2 SX SE's for 18,500 compared to every place in my state 22-22500. Kinda debating seeing how fast I can sell my versys and vulcan and get a $60 ticket to texas to ride it home over 2 days.

I believe if I buy before end of month I'd even get some kawasaki incentives unless they will have new ones for next month. Was originally leaning towards waiting until next year to see if the 2019 added much of anything though I think others on H2 forums are right it's going to be mainly the old H2 getting all the SE's upgrades.

Hekotat

Usually I'd the car/bike is lower than any other bike of the same mileage/etc. There has to be something wrong with it.

I'd be very cautious. Especially with that specific bike. They obviously have no problems selling at normal price so something has to be up.

Sludig

These are brand new from dealer I'm talking about. Also one in Oregon for 18,999. In the one in Texas, the guy reporting it had specifically talked to the manager earlier in year, They had ordered like 6 and still had 5 sitting before slashed prices to get them out before winter. If nothing else I might try to use it as leverage against local dealers pointing out I'm $60 plane ticket and a nice instant break in tour away from saving big $.

The used one for 19k though still has me nervous for sure but at least I imagine it would be allowed to be test ridden so some use to me.

Hekotat

These are brand new from dealer I'm talking about. Also one in Oregon for 18,999. In the one in Texas, the guy reporting it had specifically talked to the manager earlier in year, They had ordered like 6 and still had 5 sitting before slashed prices to get them out before winter. If nothing else I might try to use it as leverage against local dealers pointing out I'm $60 plane ticket and a nice instant break in tour away from saving big $.

The used one for 19k though still has me nervous for sure but at least I imagine it would be allowed to be test ridden so some use to me.

If they're that desperate wait until the winter when no one buys them and you'll get an even better deal. The only issue with buying out of state is you normally have to pay for your TTL out of pocket. I just discovered this after buying my car. I have 30 days to take the titls and get it done.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Had my second surgery today, another 5 or so days til I can ride again but sooooo looking forward to it. Loving being able to see normal again

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Blind geico app quote on the h2 is 1600/12 months. Seems high even given cost of bike difference. Wonder if it can improve with a phone call, sheriff credentials either for discount or to persuade that im not a street racer.......

Or need to look at other insurers.

Anyone need a vulcan s or versys 1000? :p

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was a little shocked at the cost of insurance for the Street Triple compared to my F650GS. Triple was indeed triple.

Hekotat

Blind geico app quote on the h2 is 1600/12 months. Seems high even given cost of bike difference. Wonder if it can improve with a phone call, sheriff credentials either for discount or to persuade that im not a street racer.......

Or need to look at other insurers.

Anyone need a vulcan s or versys 1000? :p

I pay 124 bucks for 6 months.