Motorcycle Thread

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Reality is that road will be clogged by an RV or bunch of Harleys all going 10mph below the speed limit.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

I don't watch a whole lot of racing, but how is this guy only banned for 2 races? Should be getting charged with attempted murder and banned for life.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

I don't watch a whole lot of racing, but how is this guy only banned for 2 races? Should be getting charged with attempted murder and banned for life.

That's actually awesome. That he did it, not the banning.

• 1Barf

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Going Camping
IMG_1172 (800x600).jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
That's awesome. You're awesome. Everything about that is awesome.

I'm going with a friend tomorrow about three hours north to hang with some other friends. Perfect riding weather is predicted - 75, sunny, no rain. Could do the ride in under 2 hours, but back roads are a lot more fun.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Is a 35$ DOT certified helmet a piece of shit?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Snell and ece i think have multiple levels and i wont pretend to know them. Looking for either logos should be fine. Plenty of decent $120-200 helmets out there without jumping into $600 shoei or Arai. Actually like my wifes cheap ICON betyer than my $350 shoei rfsr.

Watch fortnine vids, mildly funny and lots of good info vids that wont put you to sleep, actually will call certain companies out for bs marketing.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Snell is good, anything with dot you'll want it to also be one of the others as well

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Snell is the racing standard (if you go to a track day, they'll ask you for a Snell rated helmet) and ECE is the European standard (their version of dot i believe).

Both are good. Generally speaking Snell helmets are heavier and more rigid and ECE tend to be lighter. Either way, if your lid has either of them you have a quality helmet. Keep in mind some helmets have only dot but are still excellent, Shoei for example have a helmet with a flip sunshade visor based on their racing helmets, the flippy thing doesn't allow it to pass Snell but it's still a very safe helmet.

Dot is a garbage standard (check the video) but that's what is required in North America. Pretty much any piece of foam with a plastic cover can pass dot. So a cheap dot helmet isn't gonna do you much good. You can find a good full face in the 150-200 and an excellent one in the 400-500. A $35 helmet will keep the police at bay but don't expect it to do anything for you if your head hits something hard.

Last edited:

Sludig

Ive seen lately some dumbass chinese, themed helmets. Boba fett etc. Have fake ece or snell stickers and are hardly even a halloween mask over a hard hat. But the $20-60$ price should be a hint.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Is a 35$ DOT certified helmet a piece of shit?

Dress for the crash, not the ride.

Don't skimp on your brain bucket.

I spent 800+? on my Shoei.

Take from that what you will.

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I need a new helmet, and I'd like a Bluetooth capable. I'm pricing things at about $350. One of them has a rear view camera, and that's freaking cool.

Sludig

If you want bluetooth, just get a sena or whatever. Ditto on dedicated camera. If you are getting all those things in a $350 helmet it makes me wonder about what quality crash protection it has vs gimmicks.

Next helmet I'm looking for one with MIPS.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I need a new helmet, and I'd like a Bluetooth capable. I'm pricing things at about $350. One of them has a rear view camera, and that's freaking cool.
What helmet is this? The last one that tried to do this was the Skully scam and north of $1,200 msrp if I recall.

Just get a Scorpion or a Bell and a SENA like Sludig says.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Sludig Sludig About what time of fall do you typically stop riding for the winter? Had the first of my cataract surgeries this week and pretty much am sidelined with no riding for a few weeks. Only been a few days and i'm itching to go for a ride. 100% stoked on how much better I can see with just the first surgery but no riding is tough.

Sludig

I ride year round. Our winters are so dry here, I only skip days when its like below 30.