Motorcycle Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tuesday/Wednesday was a great couple days, it finally got rid of enough of the ice/slush that's in the shade out where I live

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Saw this and it made me really, really want to go on a trip.

i-can-see-the-weekend-now-i-just-dgaf-33-7.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've never gone out that bare minimum. I've had a Nemo Morpho 2p tent that I've used for awhile now. Packs super small and no poles just stakes and a foot pump.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm very tempted to get a bike this year. I took a course like 13 years ago but never followed through on buying a bike. I love the look of the Honda rebel 500

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm very tempted to get a bike this year. I took a course like 13 years ago but never followed through on buying a bike. I love the look of the Honda rebel 500
Check out fortnine as well as some of the yammienoob vids. Fort does a rebel 500 review. I agree with the complaints.

Ideally ride a few types of bikes save money unlike me buying multiple bikes. Started cruiser > adventure > Supersport before being happy.

Sludig

New ZX-25R looking and sounding badass, I wonder how much it'll cost.
Better than 75% chance of it never coming to the USA unfortunately. If it does, a lot of people are ballparking 7-9k and people will be like LOL just get a 600 rather than thinking of it as a more track focused ZX line, all these see is a 250 costing near 10 grand.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I'm about to pick up a Z650 me thinks. I'd really like the CB650R, but 9k for a 600CC bike is too gd high!

XSR900 is a sexy bitch too but also out of my price range.

Hekotat

nice, how is that cafe racer coming?

I ended up selling it. I spent the last few months hunting down parts that I coudn't find and realized I was about to go down a black hole before even knowing if the bike would run or not. I did that on the 86 and went 30k over budget and solde it for a massive loss. So, not going through that again, lol.

If I decide to get a cafe racer project going in the future I'll buy something running to start with.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm typically not a fan of blue but that particular shade matches really well with the black/grey

Sludig

Only thing I'd say is ride it to see if you like it. I know especially for highway use, 650 twins underwhelmed me. Granted an I4 600 may not really make me happy either since I went straight 650 > 1k > 1k supercharged. But my ninja 400 feels pretty nice on highway compared to my vulcan though certainly none of the off the light torque.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I had a SV 650 as my second bike back when I could ride, ran it forever. I liked it a lot. Fast enough to get out on the road and not a rocket to instantly get me out of shape.

Hekotat

I can't imagine it could be worse than the Duke 390. Price is the biggest issue with the other bikes I'd chose.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Some good long term news today, both KTM and Husqvarna will be bringing out 500cc adventure bikes. Husqvarna is going to put out the 900cc Norden(2021) which the 500cc will be based on. Not available till 2022 tho. Also, sounds like 790's will become 890's by that time the 490's hit the market. I was hoping to see the 490 next spring and not be like the cheezy 390 version.

norden900.jpg

-Husqvarna Norden 900cc

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

Those Husq bikes are sexy as fuck, I really want one. Can't afford a new one so hopefully I can grab a used one in a few years.

I'd also love to have an adventure bike, but I have nowhere to adventure.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If the world keeps turning upside fucking down, an adventure bike and some guns might be the thing to have. :)