Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
If you guys are into multiplayer M&B, take a look at the Bannerlord Online mod. They have been killing it with updates for quite a while. They're far more inspired and productive than the retards at TaleWorlds.

I'm a huge fan of the series and I have gotten a lot of play time in the EA but progress has been abysmal, in my opinion. Almost everything they do is slow, half-assed, and buggy. I will never buy another EA from them, that is for sure. People on the forums literally paste the errors in their code for them and they're too fucking retarded to fix them.

That said, my recommendation is to wait until about a year after release and pick it up on sale if you see some mods that look good. The game is a big step up on graphics and some of the concepts and it has a lot of potential given that modders run circles around TW.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I remember playing some of the multi player Mount and Blade original and it being fun sieging castles. Hope this has a similar mode.

Flattop

Trakanon Raider
It has been almost a month since c-rpg Mod has released open beta. North America has two servers up to accommodate the population playing and many of the OG C-rpg clans have rallied their banners. 5,000 registered users on the website globally.

The dev team has been releasing patches weekly for balancing, original maps, quality of life etc.

- Retirement is in: you have the option to retire at level 31 for an “heirloom” point that you can eventually add to your favorite weapons and armor to increase their stats, and an exp modifier.

- No more wiping. There is currently no xp penalty for respeccing your character. This will be temporary, so play a bunch of builds and figure what you like now IMO.

- Strategus: this will be an open map for every player/clan to move around on for world domination (just like singleplayer). No official date but I will invite anyone from these forums to my clan The Remnants (see clan tab on website and click North America: "The Remnants" , 4th one down), provided you are not a complete retard. Hoplites encouraged, just DM me here so I know you're FOH. A bunch of good old school clans to choose from though that I've known for the last decade. Or just go solo and be a merc babe.

c-RPG Bannerlord

Caliane

getting closer.

added more town/castles visuals.

more horse types.

Settlement Actions (Town, Village, Castle and Hideout)

• Replaced the old tavern mercenaries with three new mercenary troop trees (Western Mercenaries, Eastern Mercenaries and Sword Sisters).

Banners are in.

Battles and Sieges

• Added Banners and the Banner Bearers feature.
    • Banners are equipable items for heroes that can provide various combat bonuses to the hero’s formation. They are accessible and equipable through the new inventory item slot (both for the player character and clan members).
    • Players can obtain banners as rewards for accomplishing various in-game tasks, defeating enemy nobles, clearing hideouts or reaching certain campaign milestones.

Caliane

Bannerlord v1.0.0 full release.

no real fanfare.. kindof a wet fart sadly. no major push among streamers, etc.
The 1.9 patch is NOT a massive feature patch. just another iteration of progress.

added some voice over, achievements.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Bannerlord v1.0.0 full release.

no real fanfare.. kindof a wet fart sadly. no major push among streamers, etc.
The 1.9 patch is NOT a massive feature patch. just another iteration of progress.

added some voice over, achievements.

Yeah kind of interesting that this is where they drew the line in the sand. I jumped back into the game about a week after having not played in about 6 months and found that it really hasn't fundamentally changed. Everything they implement is half baked.

I hope streamers pick it up and shit on them for their mediocre finish. So much potential there but I believe the modders will eventually carry it across the finish line now that TW will be slowing development.

Caliane

yeah. The game IS great and they have added so much over time. but, its largely just improvements to already existing things. No real additions to features to bring it all together with a nice wrapped bow.

Flushing out the kingdom management is really needed imho. The endgame is most lacking.
Deeper town building mechanics.

Some other areas its lacking.

needs reasons to enter towns/villages. imho, the game needs quests/events in each to raise skills. Like, in war torn/raided villages, visit the healer, assist in treating the militia for medicine skill, and to help the village recover faster.
train militia. enter a village, and shoot archer targets with militia to train bow, and buff the villages militia..
things like that..

more atypical RPG playstyles. bandit playthrough, with player bandit camps, taking over gangs, etc.

I think it would be better with smaller vanilla factions. break strugia, aserai, khuzait, and at least 2 of the empire factions into 2 each.

mods.

I've been modless, lately, but mods are of course a huge factor for flushing things out.
fuck nexus... but, realistic battle mod is one often used.
buffs armor. dramatically improves enemy combat A.I. they block, feint, etc. Better weapon/shield hitboxs. stagger, and fatigue.

Diplomacy mod, was something I considered a must for a long time, if only just for the messenger addition... I'm not sure its current state.

I'm not sure which are on workshop, to avoid nexus.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
One of the few patches with significant additions so I will give them that. I guess the new roguery gameplay options will be interesting? Nothing jumps out at me that makes me want to load it up again.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Let me know when I can get head shotted by a Nolder Noble doing a 360 no scope on horseback while off screen and I'll load this up.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The back alley stuff makes me think that the core game is rock solid so they're adding bells and whistles that a lot of players will totally ignore. Confirm/deny??

Caliane

I don't think thats how I would describe it. the game is a sandbox, so alternate playstyles are part of that core. I'd say theres lots of aspects of the game, some of them are flushed out, others are very barebones. I couldn't guess where the devs feel the target for BASE GAME Should be. aka, how much do they think THEY are responsible for, and how much do they think mods can add embellishments for.

Roguery is a stat, but its clearly not as flushed out in gameplay as say Trade. to the point of being nonexistant.
Diplomacy is barebones still. no personalities. no effects from mercy/honorable, etc. No feasts, no heirs, no effects for marriage, daughters, etc.
kingdom management is barebones.

Did they feel offended by Fourberie adding in bandit/gang play, and feel like they needed to add something?

Personally, I also want to see uses for all the town/village scenes. I think there should be quests/minigames in them which let you skill up various skills for yourself, and companions. "build a grain silo, and get engi exp", "tend to the sick, and get medicine exp", etc.
building Forts, and camps on the world map.
a boat/caravan travel system.
kingdom policies that aren't just passives. like, build roads. literally builds roads on the map between your villages/towns. patrols. literally spawns militia/guards which patrol roads, etc..

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Reading the forum, a lot people saying the update is a mess. Lots of CTDs. Wanderers disappearing. Renown calculations not working.

There is still so much in the game that is bare-bones half-assed shit that it might as well be early early access. Courting, Marriage, Workshops, Companions, Smithing, Diplomacy, Settlement Development, Order of Battle, Traits, and more. It's all C- work at best like someone just threw something in as a placeholder.

Also, just look at the patch notes and see that 90% of the bullets were just bug fixes. Something like 2.5 years after EA started, 6 months after launch and you get shit like this:
1673873757980.png

1673873801040.png

1673873841602.png

Zero confidence these assholes will ever finish this game. I'm a little bitter because they had an opportunity here to take the clunky but beloved franchise and make it a historical tour de force. Instead they have done nothing but shit the bed for over a decade of development.

Every patch, they throw a bow on a turd and push it across the table like a proud retarded kid and go back to counting their money. Eventually, modders with far more talent and inspiration may be able to polish into something better, but a huge opportunity has been lost.

Druss

Trakanon Raider
Reading the forum, a lot people saying the update is a mess. Lots of CTDs. Wanderers disappearing. Renown calculations not working.

There is still so much in the game that is bare-bones half-assed shit that it might as well be early early access. Courting, Marriage, Workshops, Companions, Smithing, Diplomacy, Settlement Development, Order of Battle, Traits, and more. It's all C- work at best like someone just threw something in as a placeholder.

Also, just look at the patch notes and see that 90% of the bullets were just bug fixes. Something like 2.5 years after EA started, 6 months after launch and you get shit like this:

Zero confidence these assholes will ever finish this game. I'm a little bitter because they had an opportunity here to take the clunky but beloved franchise and make it a historical tour de force. Instead they have done nothing but shit the bed for over a decade of development.

Every patch, they throw a bow on a turd and push it across the table like a proud retarded kid and go back to counting their money. Eventually, modders with far more talent and inspiration may be able to polish into something better, but a huge opportunity has been lost.
I have over 2200 hours in mount and blade Warband, maybe 50-100 of it in the base game. all the rest in mods like prophesy of pendor and a few others. Base game was only ok, it was the mods that actually made it fun. Waiting for a total conversion for bannerlord like POP before playing it again.

• 1Solidarity

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I love this game. First one in a little bit that I've stayed up until midnight for a few nights in a row. I'm not sure if I like this or Kenshi more.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I have gotten my money out of it but it really has some problems once you get beyond the veneer. Maybe after another 5 years.