Movies You Must Show Your Kids

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you show Mel Brooks movies to children, don't you have to spend longer than the movie explaining what the jokes are about? I mean The Producers seems like the start of a LONG conversation. Probably a good thing though.
I dunno. My Dad forced me to watch Blazing Saddles at least ten times as a kid. I was so young, that the only thing I thought was funny was the Black KKK member. Everything else was beyond me at that age.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I dunno. My Dad forced me to watch Blazing Saddles at least ten times as a kid. I was so young, that the only thing I thought was funny was the Black KKK member. Everything else was beyond me at that age.
You didn't laugh at the farts around the camp fire?

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Should rename thread movies I loved as a kid. Let's be real, how many of these are you getting through before your 10-13 year old starts eye rolling at you and playing Didgeridoo's big fat dildo adventure on their phones? I can harken back to 99-2000 and being a 12-13 year old snot that my dad was trying to get me to watch movies he liked. Dad, I have Talendor to kill and lighties at my fungi to pvp.
Have you ever gotten sick of watching A Christmas Story? Most of these movies are timeless, no, we do not get tired of watching them and kids still love them.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Since you mention Christmas Story, I'll add Sergeant York. Granny loved both of those movies and we'd watch them every year when we went to her house for Christmas.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Them! reminded me of They Live, and I am now embarrassed that I didn't put it on my initial list.

Rowdy Roddy Piper in the most epic movie fight ever. Also, lots of poignant stuff about people in power controlling society by keeping us in the dark. But mostly the fight scene.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
They just watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. They picked that, I didn't watch it. This was not one of my favorite Indiana Jones movies.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
They just watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. They picked that, I didn't watch it. This was not one of my favorite Indiana Jones movies.
You are a sad and soulless man. How can you not love Sean Connery taking the piss out on Harrison Ford?

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some shit choices y'all bring up.

Two movies that mattered to me as a youth that I'd like my son to share:
Ninja Scroll
Heavy Metal

Maybe Avatar

Serious question, why suggesting the scary movies?

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Because the horror genre is very enjoyable.

What a silly question.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
My five year old just demanded to watch Superman IV. Now what? I thought I was raising him right.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have to watch some of the really bad movies to get full enjoyment out of the great ones. Plus bad movie taste is a wonderful thing to cultivate.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, kids gotta learn sometime that not all movies are worth watching. Even if they're sequels to good movies. The answer to what you do is pop it in, then keep yourself busy making popcorn or playing on your phone.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I said the title was "Movies You Must Show Your Kids," I only meant the good ones. There are plenty of crap movies for them to watch currently.