Mr. Robot

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This was a truly mind fuck episode. God damn man. The Angela thing had me certain it was some kind of bizarre memory shit. But with Angela?

Tyrell being assisted by the Dark Army makes some sense. I listened to the cab driver again and he was mostly uttering obscenities and never really confirmed whether Tyrell was really there. My understanding of Egyptian Arabic assisted me today!

ex-genj

Golden Squire
christ you think the show is getting on track then you have 5 minutes of dom talking to her echo. No way USA lets this continue in this fashion with these ratings right?

spronk

FPS noob
live/7 day ratings are bad but Amazon paid to be the exclusive streaming provider for the show, I'd bet the price they paid probably covers a big chunk of the production cost plus now they are apparently paying for all this product placement too. Its very popular on amazon streaming as well.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If USA cancelled then I guess Amazon would probably just pick it up.

Also I think Tyrell = Elliot or maybe Elliot is just seeing him there. The fact that he was still dressed exactly the same after 3 months in hiding just seems too obvious to me.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
Pretty overt with the imagery. Red Herring?

rO9intt.jpg

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is their awards show, it will continue until they stop getting them.

Mr. Robot - Awards - IMDb

Yeah, if nothing else, Mr. Robot gives USA some clout. It's the first show they've ever had nominated for a Best Show Emmy (Drama or Comedy), and Remi Malek is the first actor to be nominated since Monk went off the air. It's the same for the Golden Globes. Hell, they've already won twice as many Golden Globes than Monk did in its entire run (one win for Tony Shalhoub). USA has been trying to shift into being taken more seriously with hard-hitting shows, and Mr. Robot really leads that charge and convinces critics (and viewers) to not rule them out. I know I've already started paying more attention to what USA is picking up since Mr. Robot

live/7 day ratings are bad but Amazon paid to be the exclusive streaming provider for the show, I'd bet the price they paid probably covers a big chunk of the production cost plus now they are apparently paying for all this product placement too. Its very popular on amazon streaming as well.

At the same time, I have to wonder if being exclusively on Amazon Prime isn't ideal. One of the things that has helped shows in the past is the word-of-mouth between seasons and people being able to go to instantly go to Netflix to watch past seasons and get caught up (see: Breaking Bad). Amazon Prime doesn't really yet have that same sort of impact for various reasons. Hannibal was another show that was popular on Amazon Prime but that wasn't enough to boost its viewership.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
christ you think the show is getting on track then you have 5 minutes of dom talking to her echo. No way USA lets this continue in this fashion with these ratings right?

Yeah, said exactly the same thing as I was watching. Really going off the rails this season. The five-minute Echo commercial imbedded into the episode isn't the only problem. Hope they reverse course soon.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Mr. Robot
EpisodePosters

eps2.9_pyth0n-pt2.p7z
Season: 2
Episode: 12
Air Date: 2016-09-21

fsociety is in too deep rn. an old friend reveals all to elliot. sh*t gets real af.

my body is ready

no-poster.png

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I still can't see how Elliott is also Tyrell, but I have been way wrong before. I don't really get the complaints about the show. It's a bit much to expect every episode and every scene to be perfect and packed with massive reveals and revelations. Yeah, it can drag from time to time, but overall the plot is incredibly compelling, the cinematography/direction is phenomenal, the music/scoring is great, and the show is packed with spectacular performances. What the fuck more do you want?

That being said, the Commodore 64 scene gave me way too much of a Lost vibe for comfort. They best not fuck this up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
They should have made it Windows 3.1. That's an old school setup that no one ever really talks about anymore. Maybe because so many people had it prior to 95 coming out.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I don't get the complaints about this season at all. I'm really enjoying it.

As for Tyrell, I can't see how he was really there. He's the most "wanted" man in the country and he's just standing outside bullshitting with Elliot.

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Been loving every bit of this season. The questions scene with the little girl in the Dark Room was a little out there but I give it a pass for it being centered around a C64.

Great start to Rami Malek's acceptance speech last night:

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
...I don't really get the complaints about the show. It's a bit much to expect every episode and every scene to be perfect and packed with massive reveals and revelations. Yeah, it can drag from time to time, but overall the plot is incredibly compelling, the cinematography/direction is phenomenal, the music/scoring is great, and the show is packed with spectacular performances...

My thoughts as well.

The C64 scene was kinda out there, but I felt they reined it in enough toward the end.