Mr. Robot

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I don't think the second season is bad by normal tv standards, but after the high that was season 1, it definitely feels like a big fat turd.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wow that whiteboard makes me even more confused. To our knowledge the FBI bitch didn't even know Darlene existed until recently.

That Elliot is in the middle of it all is confusing because everything points to the FBI focusing on the Dark Army and largely being unaware of Elliot because of his crazy.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The stuff on the right side of the whiteboard was obviously added within the last 24 hours and would mostly be speculation, I wonder if she/they manipulated some of the information on the board like putting Elliot front and center in order to shock Darlene, because he's not in the fsociety box or has any notable or incriminating details up there.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well that was a whole bunch of bs. Fuck I hate shows that end in cliffhangers.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
So phase 2 is Fight club-ish. Burn the hardcopies and see Evil Corp drop. Interesting. They paint Angela and Elliot as if they were part of human experiment that mimic the DareDevil universe in gaining powers from poisoned water.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Their bad word filter for bleeping out is strange. During Darlene's interview with the FBI, she says "...conniving Cunts that don't give a F*** about you or..."

It stood out to me.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The stuff on the right side of the whiteboard was obviously added within the last 24 hours and would mostly be speculation, I wonder if she/they manipulated some of the information on the board like putting Elliot front and center in order to shock Darlene, because he's not in the fsociety box or has any notable or incriminating details up there.
That occurred to me. They should not have had any connection to Elliot, otherwise why let him out of jail. Suddenly he's in the center of the board, for no reason.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I haven't gotten around to watching this season yet (outside of part 1 of episode 1), but from what I'm hearing it's a massive disappointment. Is it worth watching, or is this another show I can just go ahead and cross off my watch list?

ex-genj

Golden Squire
If you got through season 1 season 2 is worth watching. I'm in until the end but honestly binging this is probably way better than waiting week to week.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So I haven't gotten around to watching this season yet (outside of part 1 of episode 1), but from what I'm hearing it's a massive disappointment. Is it worth watching, or is this another show I can just go ahead and cross off my watch list?
I thought season 2 was great. I'd rank it below season 1, and the First few episodes kind of dragged, they spent too much time on that situation imo. BUT the season itself was great and definitely built up the story and the world.

The main criticism I have of it is that it feels like half a season rather than a complete season. Nothing is resolved.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

I don't agree that it's a massive disappointment at all. It moved the story line along, albeit sometimes the pacing was a bit uneven. The performances of all the main characters is phenomenal. As I said before, I don't get why some people are so goddamn picky about the show. It's not perfect, admittedly. But the only thing that would satisfy most of those people is if the show just hit fast forward and wrapped itself up ASAP. Journey vs destination and all that.

That being said, no one can predict whether the show and plot will end up being satisfying in the end. When I was around season 2/3 of Lost I thought that it was probably going to go down as one of the best TV series of all time. Now no one gives a shit about that show because of how poorly it ended. I don't think there's much chance of that actually happening with Mr Robot, but it could well run out of steam. Esmail has said in recent interviews that he's pretty sure the show will go 5 seasons now, whereas originally he had leaned towards 4. So it's not like they're going to drag it out forever. Hopefully he's able to adequately execute his vision.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You're probably misunderstanding people's reactions. It's only disappointing in the context of not giving a lot of answers after raising a shit ton of questions. As long as the answers end up being satisfying and shit's not just being thrown out there randomly like Lost, it will all be worth it.

It also does an excellent job of making you feel confused and not sure of what's real which is exactly what Elliott is going through as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I think that it's pretty much impossible that Elliot was Tyrell, given what we were shown in the first season. It's just not possible for Elliott to have been holding down two jobs in two separate companies that were dealing with each other directly. That makes no sense, whatsoever. Unless the viewer was completely lied to about just about everything that happened in the first season, not just to Elliott/Tyrell, but multiple other characters. The prison fake out really only involved Elliott out of the main characters, along with the Gideon visitation.

What I think may be going on, though, is that Tyrell WAS killed by Mr Robot/Elliott, and Elliott is now hallucinating him or has subsumed him in to his own consciousness along with Mr Robot.

But again, who fucking knows.
I am in the mind that this whole show is a delusion. Big fuck you to the audience. I hope they have the balls to do it

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That would be terrible. "lol it was all a dream" is the worst cop out of all time.

That occurred to me. They should not have had any connection to Elliot, otherwise why let him out of jail. Suddenly he's in the center of the board, for no reason.

This confused me as well. How did Elliot get connected to all of this? Mr Robot must have been somewhat sloppy.

Caliane

That would be terrible. "lol it was all a dream" is the worst cop out of all time.

This confused me as well. How did Elliot get connected to all of this? Mr Robot must have been somewhat sloppy.

"Python strategy" we lay in wait, letting the players hang themselves. If she is telling the truth, they let Elliot out, to get to Tyrell.
Tryell is the center of the board, not Elliot. From the board, and general knowledge, they all think TYRELL is the mastermind, so are trying to use Elliot to get to him. They know of Elliot due to his E-corp connection, and direct link to Tyrell from that. As well, as brother to Darlene, who they know is part of F-Society.

This "python strategy" does seem totally at odds with the discussion she had with her partner though.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Tyrell is the center of the board and with that, Elliot has a lot of reasons to be on it.

He worked for All-Safe for E-Corp and is the brother of the women they think is the head of F-Society. And there is also his connection to Angela, so there are lots of reasons that Elliot seems like a person they could use to get to all the pieces they see on the board, even if the FBI just thinks he is a Pawn.

And I agree, my only real disappointment with season 2 was that it felt like half a season. With the way the finale ended, I expected it to be a summer finale and be back in January for the second half, like USA tends to do with the second+ seasons of their successful shows (Suits, White Collar, Burn notice, etc).

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I am guessing that Elliot is just on the board for the sake of being related to her sister and he happened to be good at hacking. They had a number of E Corp employees who had no connection to direct cause of hacking whatsoever on the board as well.