Mr. Robot

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I don't get the complaints about this season at all. I'm really enjoying it.

As for Tyrell, I can't see how he was really there. He's the most "wanted" man in the country and he's just standing outside bullshitting with Elliot.

I think that it's pretty much impossible that Elliot was Tyrell, given what we were shown in the first season. It's just not possible for Elliott to have been holding down two jobs in two separate companies that were dealing with each other directly. That makes no sense, whatsoever. Unless the viewer was completely lied to about just about everything that happened in the first season, not just to Elliott/Tyrell, but multiple other characters. The prison fake out really only involved Elliott out of the main characters, along with the Gideon visitation.

What I think may be going on, though, is that Tyrell WAS killed by Mr Robot/Elliott, and Elliott is now hallucinating him or has subsumed him in to his own consciousness along with Mr Robot.

But again, who fucking knows.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think that it's pretty much impossible that Elliot was Tyrell, given what we were shown in the first season. It's just not possible for Elliott to have been holding down two jobs in two separate companies that were dealing with each other directly. That makes no sense, whatsoever. What I think may be going on, though, is that Tyrell WAS killed by Mr Robot, and Elliott is now hallucinating him or has subsumed him in to his own consciousness along with Mr Robot.

But again, who fucking knows.
Yeah, I don't buy the Elliot = Tyrell theory either; simply because of what we see in season 1, on top of Tyrell's wife talking to Elliot and asking about her husband. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe he would be exposed like that, with the cab driver and then getting out of the cab and standing out in the open.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yeah, said exactly the same thing as I was watching. Really going off the rails this season. The five-minute Echo commercial imbedded into the episode isn't the only problem. Hope they reverse course soon.

While admittedly a bit long, that scene was way way more then an echo commercial

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
While admittedly a bit long, that scene was way way more then an echo commercial

Yeah, sure. It was a ham-fisted way to tell us FBI agent is lonely and feels unloved by "literally" telling us via her conversation with the Echo.

I hated the awkward, forced nature of the scene and it lacked any of the finesse that Esmail has heretofore shown with the show and its characters. It's a trend I have noticed all season long.

And, yes, it's also a super blatant product placement ad. It's pretty easy for me to shrug off product placement as long as that shit is subtle, but there was nothing subtle about that scene.

I actually like the actress (even though I don't really care for her mother) and the character has some good points. It's just that Esmail set a pretty high standard for this show in the 1st Season and this season isn't measuring up (but, for the record, is still worthwhile tv imo).

spronk

FPS noob
season finale tomorrow, there is going to be a post credits scene as well like season 1

expecting disappointment, hopeful esmail can pull it off though. I have a feeling we are going to go deep into scifi territory, ala Fringe. Remember, the name of the FBI surveillance operation was Berenstain - a typical internet msg board meme has been the idea that the Berenstain Bears are proof that parallel universes exist and we live in one, since "everyone" remembers them as the Bernstein (or Berenstein) Bears from their childhood
The Berenst(E)ain Bears Conspiracy Theory That Has Convinced the Internet There Are Parallel Universes | VICE | United States

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
hoping at the begining of the finale he wakes up and realized his lucid dream failed and he was just dreaming about stupid shit while mr robot was doing god's work.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not as climatic as I was hoping for, but it definitely sets the stage for next season.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Did they air both parts tonight? Up here they split them up Wed/Thurs. Not that I actually bother turning on my cable box. To the Torrents!

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Angela brainwashed that fast? or ... what in the actual fuck.

Not sure I really cared for this episode. Might have to watch it again.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Leon showing up to pop the two traitors? I hope so. Obviously Elliot isn't dead, but yeah, that finale was the definition of blue balls.

At least it will finally shut up the Elliot is Tyrell people.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I enjoyed this season but yeah that was not a good story arc so far, I really have no fucking clue whats going on. this season ended with a belly flop

7b1cdd0c4c.gif

Whiterose obviously convinced Angela to join the Dark Army, they have their own plans, who the fuck knows why Tyrell "loves" Elliott, or how the fuck Elliot is going to "wake up". He is literally a Robot.

Post credits scene had the two fsociety hackers (mobley and the muslim girl) working at the Phoenix Fry's Electronics talking about maybe undoing the 5/9 hack, and then Joey Badass walks up and asks them the time

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Darlene and Dom was about the only interesting stuff tbh. Have to think that Darlene will do her best to take down Whiterose and Price. FFS, I hope season 3 isn't about "stage 3".

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just can't get over it...

How fucking hot Tyrell's wife is. Especially with that angry face.

• 1Like

Toids

Molten Core Raider
This season tried so hard to be mysterious and deep, that it just came off as a pretentious waste of time. I don't hate the show, yet, but if you add up Darlene, Angela and Elliot's moments of wide eyed silences you would nearly fill an episode. More plot and less bullshit next season please.

• 1Solidarity