Mr. Robot

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
next season itll be russians.

cant have a hacks show without chinese and russians.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Some nice easter eggs, the admin login used to login to the TOR marketplace is the same one used by the founder of the Silk Road - Dread_pirate_roberts from Princess Bride

The Chinese stuff is a bit far fetched but still early on, hoping it leads to promising stuff. For someone who is so obsessed with time, Mr. Cross dresser sure likes to waste a lot of it. I was curious and looked up the actor IRL, man chinese seriously don't crack the dude is fucking 55 years old!!!

Puttering along nicely with some great character moments and then holy shit that last 2 minutes

giphy.gif

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Or that the Dark Army is in actuality a state apparatus of China. Which I would dislike even more.

Dude, the amount of state-sponsored Russian and Chinese hacking of the US that goes on is staggering. The idea that the Chinese would aid a hacker plot to destabilize the American economy (and then kill everyone involved) is about the least preposterous thing that has gone on in this show. I'm actually kind of impressed Esmail went with the idea, given how Hollywood tends to shy away from pissing off the people funding them.

(Actually, there's an interesting idea for a Season 3 in how 'Hollywood' now mostly consists of the Chinese and Larry Ellison's (the founder of Oracle) kids.)

That said, it's difficult to imagine how you get out of active conflict between the Americans and the Chinese, which would be the actual result of an attack like that. Though with the way the ratings are headed, the point may be moot.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, this show still just really tickles my pickle. I always gasp in amazement when the show starts and the "A USA Network production..." flashes at the beginning. The production is so good.

Still curious to see how this season starts wrapping together, its kind of all over the place but still very entertaining. The last two minutes was insane, and the intensity in the scene was amazing.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really like season 2 and its character development. It's dark, has good acting, interesting writing and very good direction.

kudos

<Banned>
Absolutely loved Season 1 of this show. I couldn't get over episode 2 of this season. It's just way too psychological and not enough technical like last season. It's like they are trying to be as weird as possible for sake of being weird. I want more hacking and less mind fuckery. I get that he's messed in the head and it worked last season but this season it's too much. Maybe I'll force myself through this season as I want to like the show.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the psychological more than the technical but even I'll admit the beginning was a little too much... This last episode has definitely swung back to the perfect sweet spot between the two. And the music is always amazing.

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The music and the cinematography are keeping me entertained each week so far. Starting episodes 4 and 5 this weekend so I'm still definitely in the slow burn psychological part of the series from what I'm reading here.

spronk

FPS noob
noticed two more minor things about this weeks episode: the TOR website elliot is maintaining has a IPv4 of 192.251.68.251, and you can actually visit it and it says midland city is in maintenance mode (the TOR link does not work). Second, the admin login is... caretaker
http://i.imgur.com/JP3T4y0.png

tyen

<Banned>
Holy shit that sitcom beginning was amazing.

Wish I could of skipped that entire part. Exactly 17 minutes into the show is when that stupid shit ends. I'd wear the negs for this post as a badge of honor.

Holy shit at that needle to the finger, god...damn.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was a strange strange opening. I liked seeing Alf though. I forgot that he even existed before seeing him, and they must have found the same voice actor. That's great.

tyen

<Banned>
If she doesn't basically get caught by that FBI chick that saw her upstairs and then is looking at her computer while she is running Kali Linux (the new distro of "Backtrack"). This distro basically comes pre-loaded with all kinds of attacks and vulnerability tests.

Big ass fucking "Kali Linux" where you can't miss standing like 5 feet next to someone.

If she isn't busted right then and there, I would call this FBI chick a fucking idiot. Bad writing. Placing that wireless device under a desk and plugging it in was like, ya right.

If that chick was like "why you come up here" i'd be like "ughh, cuz someone took a big poop in the girls bathroom downstairs, and I wasn't bout that, ya hurd?"

Director obviously never watched oceans 11 or 12.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
how does a professional actor over the age of 20 gain ~100 lbs while his career starts to take off?

Grez

Trakanon Raider
If she doesn't basically get caught by that FBI chick that saw her upstairs and then is looking at her computer while she is running Kali Linux (the new distro of "Backtrack"). This distro basically comes pre-loaded with all kinds of attacks and vulnerability tests.

Big ass fucking "Kali Linux" where you can't miss standing like 5 feet next to someone.

If she isn't busted right then and there, I would call this FBI chick a fucking idiot. Bad writing. Placing that wireless device under a desk and plugging it in was like, ya right.

If that chick was like "why you come up here" i'd be like "ughh, cuz someone took a big poop in the girls bathroom downstairs, and I wasn't bout that, ya hurd?"

Director obviously never watched oceans 11 or 12.

I think this FBI chick is the exemplar of what Elliot was talking about when it came to letting go and riding shotgun. Call her an idiot if you want but, in the end, she will get her man.