MS Flight Simulator 2020

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use an old Saitek joystick with a split throttle control x52 or such. I guess they got bought out by Logitech now. Had mine for for a long time, right about the time USB started being used.

similar to this one but the buttons on the throttle are different has a small LCD display.

l_10189431_002.jpg

Like this throttle but is split like the one above.
s-l300.jpg

Last edited:

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Can't wait to crash into the CA hills while looking for my (now burned down) childhood home.

I wonder how old the map data is...

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Can't wait to crash into the CA hills while looking for my (now burned down) childhood home.

I wonder how old the map data is...

Hmm do they allow you to pick what year you are flying in? That would be a pretty cool feature.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i can pre-install this on my PC, and it says its 152 gigs (!!!!!) even though it only downloads 10 megs

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i can pre-install this on my PC, and it says its 152 gigs (!!!!!) even though it only downloads 10 megs

From what I’ve seen I wouldn’t have been surprised if the install was 152tb!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not surprising for this kind of game. That's not even the full full install, just enough to run offline I assume.

yaph

Molten Core Raider
I guess I’ve officially hit middle age when a flight sim is my most anticipated game release of the year.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This guy has a bunch of widescreen 1440p videos, some good stuff.

Borzak

Gonna wait and see how it goes early on. I'm planning a new computer build soon and I'd have to do a pretty major upgrade to use this I'm pretty sure. I will use the old one a lot. But mostly play out of date games. See how it goes.

Borzak

I guess I’ve officially hit middle age when a flight sim is my most anticipated game release of the year.

Takes me back to high school. Got sub logic flight sim and friends and I played the hell out of it.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any mention of multiplayer support? To the flight enthusiasts, it might seem blasphemous, but I used to love connecting to someone with my 56k modem back in the day, and then we'd play "tag" , or land at the same time, etc. Just stupid shit, but it was fun.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Squirrel has had early access for awhile I know. He just couldn't stream it. He's one of the better Simulator streamers.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The MS Store says it releases tomorrow at 2PM.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Gamepass says it launches today, Store says tomorrow. Do Gamepass Ultimate subs get it a day early?

spronk

FPS noob
store shows available Aug 17th, 9pm PST for me as playable (+12 hours basically from right now), preloadable now. i have ultimate

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else have the impression anything performance related is still under NDA? Both reviews I've read mention nothing about it and I have my doubts about a GTX 970 running this on FHD high details.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone else have the impression anything performance related is still under NDA? Both reviews I've read mention nothing about it and I have my doubts about a GTX 970 running this on FHD high details.

These guys go into performance a bit, I expect there will be a lot more analysis to help people not on top of the line hardware enjoy it.