Ms. Marvel

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
If it wasn't for the British and the industrial revolution and technology that was given to India during those 200 years then they would still be shitting in the streets today.
You say that like they're not still shitting in the streets...

Caliane

If it was wearing Lederhosen and traveling to Bavaria, would it make a difference ?
why are you comparing a religious covering to just random clothing? lederhosen has no religious context. it'd be like comparing a Kippah/Yarmulke to a cowboy hat.

This would be a more appropriate comparison:
If it was wearing Kippah and traveling to Israel, would it make a difference ?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Okay-- I watched it (up until episode 6) in a binge fashion (mostly on the treadmill).
The lead is charming and, I think, a perfect newcomer for a superhero genre. Nice not to see another same-face playing all the leads (eg., Chris Pratt/Hemsworth...).
The side characters make the show. The mom, grandmother, boyfriend all seem real in a show that clearly, from the very outset, has to be UNreal/fantasy. I mean, Jersey City is portrayed as a livable city. See?

But, I was hoping for a little more than a protracted origin story. I know NOTHING of this character, so maybe there needs to be an introduction to an entire world of characters to do the source material justice; BUT do I, as I first-time viewer have to be saddled with an over-abundance of anti-(super)hero characters?

I was confused at episode 5 and felt like I wanted more growth by episode 6.

I felt like I was watching Superman the movie and am at the point where I need that helicopter on the roof scene. Maybe it's coming. I don't know how many episodes are left, but I would appreciate a logarithmic increase in her powers or mission.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like the new females are being done slightly better, Wanda, Yelena, Wasp, Kate Bishop, American Chavez and Ms Marvel haven't been Mary Sue. Gamora and Nebula weren't but their stories just fall flat in a way. Wakandans and Cap marvel characters are bad, the actress that plays Shuri is good but her build up sucks

Last edited:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I was confused at episode 5 and felt like I wanted more growth by episode 6.
this is a big problem in a lot of these shows, both marvel and star wars. they seem to have enough for either 2 or 3 seasons or a 2 to 3 hour movie, and no matter which it is, we get like 5-6 hours of TV.

This show, for example, could easily have been a 6 episode season of her doing coming of age teen shit, learning her powers, family things; then a season of small hero stuff, the clandestines, karachi; followed by a season of back home, as Ms Marvel, fighting Damage Control or whatever. Instead we got 3 episodes of one arc, 2 of another and now a finale were I guess we are gonna fight someone? Kamran? Damage Control? Will Captain Marvel show up in the show proper or just a post credit scene? Will she finally get on Ant-Man's podcast?

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Nice finale. Overall a pretty good season.

But...
The biggest boner is at the end when Bruno tells Kamala something about her abilities and you hear the musical cue.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the finale was good.

There's also an end credit scene.

This had more impact on the immediate future of the MCU than the new Thor does, lol.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree this was a good finale, and a good season. The end credit scene was not what I expected at all and makes me very curious as to where they are going with it, pretty good in my opinion.

This may have been the most enjoyable MCU Disney+ show for me to be honest. It’s not the best superhero show, but I think overall it was just a good show. The thing for me was that it was a pretty even show compared to some of the others that had higher highs but also lower lows.

I think they nailed the casting for Kamala, she got that fangirl aspect of the character perfectly. She’s just endearing and likable. The casting was great all around though, like all the characters were well written and well acted.

I’m looking forward to The Marvels, and hopefully a season 2 of Ms Marvel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Felt like the finale was pretty meh. The show reached peak interest around episode 3, and then nothing really came of it. Totally forgettable addition to the MCU using D grade superheroes. It had heart though, so I'll give it that. Something lacking from almost all others.

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
I didn't think the writing was good overall, characters were likeable but I kind of feel like it jumped around a lot and there was a lot not explained. or characters would change their motivations/objectives seemingly instantly with no real reason behind it even if they spent their whole lives working on them. It's like as soon as 1 small thing happened people would do 180's it was very jarring and made everything too random?

I don't know maybe good tv writing has spoiled me, but like I feel like even anime characters have more principled characters.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This felt like something I would have seen right after school in the 80's.

It had a very strong teen vibe but it did it well. The actress sold it and created a likable character that had similar vibes to Kate Bishop in Hawkeye. In fact, the two characters have a lot in common. They both have heroes they look up to. They also do not consider themselves Heroes despite the evidence to the contrary. I wonder if my screen would explode with teendom if Kate Bishop and Ms. Marvel were in the same show. I was hoping for a cameo where she actually did get to meet her hero. It would have been fun to watch the reaction. This was definitely one of the more solid releases that Disney has done. I do not feel like I wasted my time watching it and I would watch a season 2.

I am a little confused about the final scene.

Did she change into Captain Marvel or did they switch locations?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
It had heart though, so I'll give it that. Something lacking from almost all others.

The girl who plays Kamala is the first person since probably Tom Holland in Homecoming who really felt like they wanted to be there, just the perfect energy for the character, but also to make a show feel greater than the sum of its parts. She was very easy to root for.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This felt like something I would have seen right after school in the 80's.

It had a very strong teen vibe but it did it well. The actress sold it and created a likable character that had similar vibes to Kate Bishop in Hawkeye. In fact, the two characters have a lot in common. They both have heroes they look up to. They also do not consider themselves Heroes despite the evidence to the contrary. I wonder if my screen would explode with teendom if Kate Bishop and Ms. Marvel were in the same show. I was hoping for a cameo where she actually did get to meet her hero. It would have been fun to watch the reaction. This was definitely one of the more solid releases that Disney has done. I do not feel like I wasted my time watching it and I would watch a season 2.

I am a little confused about the final scene.

Did she change into Captain Marvel or did they switch locations?
Switched locations.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
The girl who plays Kamala is the first person since probably Tom Holland in Homecoming who really felt like they wanted to be there, just the perfect energy for the character, but also to make a show feel greater than the sum of its parts. She was very easy to root for.
Definitely agree. You can tell she saw this as her big break and gave it her all. Added things beyond what was written in the script.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

False.

Captain Marvel was released after Homecoming

• 1Picard