Ms. Marvel

Sevens

Log Wizard
Finally got around to watching this and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Teen shit is spot on with how they act now. Kamala is kinda chunky so I wonder if they plan on using the same actress down the road. She's going to be a big girl in a few years.
Did you just fat shame her?
Wow, have you learned nothing?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Just what we need another body positive POC super hero change. Pass.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My daughter really got into the 2nd episode. She hid her face for all the budding romance stuff (she's only 10) but she was like "WOAH!" at the big reveal at the end. Then she kept saying who she thought it was and all that stuff. I'm glad she's getting into it. The show isn't bad. And I'm enjoying my daughter's reactions to it. We'll watch the next episode Wednesday night after I get home from work and we have dinner.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Thought the first episode was pretty crap tier but decided to accepted it for what it was and enjoyed the second episode enough.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This show is stupid, but it's honestly better than a lot of the other Marvel Disney+ shows. Yes she is a "kaikamahine momona ʻino" and will just get fatter as she gets older.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Seems the actress who plays Ms. Marvel is a RL fangirl of all things Marvel and MCU

Like deep dive / obscure stuff fangirl

marvel.jpg

Not sure if this photo was before or after filming the show but she doesnt look bad here.

Sevens

Log Wizard
This show is stupid, but it's honestly better than a lot of the other Marvel Disney+ shows. Yes she is a "kaikamahine momona ʻino" and will just get fatter as she gets older.
This show IS stupid, but you have to remember the target audience....teen age girls (and yeah they are pretty stupid)

Jive Turkey

Karen
I wonder if the writers realize that having their character say "It's not really the brown girls from Jersey City who save the world" is a criticism of the in-world brown people from Jersey City and not a criticism of the lack of diversity in comic books

Maul

Dental Dammer
Last episode wasn't authentic enough, wandering around Pakistan and not a single rape taking place.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I am still enjoying the show, the best part being Kamala and her family. Even in this latest episode with the introduction of her grandmother it’s the best part of the show, her with the grandmother, her mom and her mother etc…really fun relashionship.

I‘m not so sure about the story about the source of her powers though. Djinn and other dimensions, I do like how they are depicting her powers though giving her something unique looking and still close to her abilities in the comics while being totally different in their origins. It looks better than if she had been a polymorph which would have been too close to Mr. Fantastic when they bring him in the MCU. Her story also ties in with all the multiverse stuff.

All in all for a show not aimed at me as target audience, I’m enjoying far more than I expected and not for the reason I thought either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That was a decent amount of location shooting they did, and a respectable chase scene!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
There is really not much to hate on for this show. I am enjoying it.
That was a decent amount of location shooting they did, and a respectable chase scene!
That chase scene lasted like a third of the episode lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Tuktuk >>> Space Vespas

They should have sent a copy of the episode to the Boba Fett team with 'you may find this helpful' sticky note.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That chase scene was amazing in comparison to the Star Wars one. It had... speed, action, people getting fucking diced.

Take note, Boba Fett.

• 1Like