Ms. Marvel

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
I am liking the series. The red daggers has only 2 people? She is getting better with her powers. And I BET some of the foods she eats on the show are completely adlib to get her honest reactions. The toffee comes to mind

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am liking the series. The red daggers has only 2 people? She is getting better with her powers. And I BET some of the foods she eats on the show are completely adlib to get her honest reactions. The toffee comes to mind
Red Dagger is a solo character in the comics I believe. They made it into a group for the show.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
"I'm a Jinn and my family is here to protect you"
5 minutes later
"I'm tired of waiting, give me your bracelet or die!"

"you're a jinn, my way of life is sworn to protect my world from you kind"
5 minutes later
"let me share my knowledge and help you learn how to use the power that can undo my world"

fun episode but a few plot holes

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Partition episode was interesting. Glad they didn't go super deep into the religious shit and just showed how shitty the whole deal was. Also filled in the backstory and leads up to the conflict in the final episode. I assume Mom is gonna make the Ms. Marvel costume in the final ep.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I agree this was an interesting episode, not a typical MCU show that’s for sure. The focus of the show remains Kamala and her family and not Ms. Marvel and it works to be honest, I’m sure many will disagree because they expected a more traditional MCU super hero show and I can definitely understand that.

The performance have been really good, the look on her mother‘s face when she found out that Kamala is the “Light Girl” was great mix of shock and I think pride that her daughter is a hero.

Looking forward to the last episode. I expect Kamran is going to blame Kamala for his mother‘s death and we‘ll have a nice superhero vs super vilain battle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
i really like that we have seen her collect various pieces of the Ms Marvel costume over the last few episodes, instead of just suddenly appearing fully kitted out in the finale.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i really like that we have seen her collect various pieces of the Ms Marvel costume over the last few episodes, instead of just suddenly appearing fully kitted out in the finale.
Yeah and you know as soon as the Mom made those Hulk outfits that she was probably gonna put the suit together.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Partition episode was interesting. Glad they didn't go super deep into the religious shit and just showed how shitty the whole deal was. Also filled in the backstory and leads up to the conflict in the final episode. I assume Mom is gonna make the Ms. Marvel costume in the final ep.
Granted, I've only read a little Indian history, but from what I know of it, it's weird that they keep talking about the Partition as something the British inflicted on India. There's a lot of shit in India and Pakistan's history that can be laid at the feet of the British--I trust I'm not blowing anybody's mind with that--but the Partition is pretty much the one thing that can't be. That just about entirely came down to Muslims fearing that they would fall under Hindu oppression if they remained part of an independent India (no clue how justified those fears were), and thus demanding their own country. Hell, the British officials were under orders to make sure that India didn't splinter when they withdrew (oops).

That aside, I'm still liking the show overall.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So I tried explaining the comic origin and backstory for Kamala to a person who has only seen this series. In the midst of telling it I realized how ludicrous it sounded and that the whole Djinn / India/Pakistan partition / South Asian culture route was a far better direction.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So I tried explaining the comic origin and backstory for Kamala to a person who has only seen this series. In the midst of telling it I realized how ludicrous it sounded and that the whole Djinn / India/Pakistan partition / South Asian culture route was a far better direction.
The inhuman show bombing put a big wrench in her true origin. This works better and links her to the origin of the 10 rings from Shang-chi as well.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
And now... the Woke crowd start eating their own....

The funny thing is, this article doesn't even address the actual problem with referring to her as a Djinn that Muslims would actually have; Djinn to a Muslim are as real as an Angel would be to a Christian. Most people wouldn't care, but I guarantee there would be a vocal segment of Christian crazies who would be irate if the MCU said Angels were Light Dimension aliens.

There's also a lot in this show that is clearly written by an American Pakistani/Indian who is disconnected from diaspora South Asians. I don't know a lot of people from that region, but I 100% know those cousins never would have left a younger girl alone in a market in India or Pakistan. Also that line about "did you even manage to White Wash Chinese food", as if Chinese food in India isnt Indian-washed. Granted, Indo-Chinese food is incredible and was a great gift of the Silk Road and spice trade, but still, Red Mask wasnt eating any more authentic chinese food in Karachi than Kamala would be in NYC.

This show has plenty to knit pick, but I dont think "Orientalism" is really one of them, nothing in it seems fetishized or really spoken down to.

All that said, I am really enjoying this one, even it is definitely moving too fast at parts (episode four probably had 2 episodes worth of content in it), and Im interested to see if they give us a tie in to Shang-Chi or the Marvels in the finale, even if it is just a post credits scene.

Maul

Dental Dammer
If it wasn't for the British and the industrial revolution and technology that was given to India during those 200 years then they would still be shitting in the streets today.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its Scott Pilgrim with a teenage Muslim Pakistani-American girl in the lead. If you can deal with that initial pretext, the show is decent and unique. There are a couple of cringe SJW things, but surprisingly few and subdued. Its mostly about her being a retarded teenage girl and her family. The parents are actually my favorite part of the show.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looking forward to the last episode. I expect Kamran is going to blame Kamala for his mother‘s death and we‘ll have a nice superhero vs super vilain battle.
You might be right on him blaming Kamala. My own thought was that when the mother killed herself to unlock his powers, she also injected her crazy into his mind. So he'll fight Kamala just because he's now the new "big bad" that was made by crazy lady.

Also, Kamala's great grandmother was quite lovely. She had white girl complexion while giving of Indian vibes. No way would she be homeless, so she was quickly offered a place to live, and pregnancy. Makes sense.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You might be right on him blaming Kamala. My own thought was that when the mother killed herself to unlock his powers, she also injected her crazy into his mind. So he'll fight Kamala just because he's now the new "big bad" that was made by crazy lady.
I think they'll patch up and it'll end up being Damage Control as the actual bad guys. As they are the ones that just blew up Kamran and Bruno.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Clicked into this thread expecting torches and pitchforks and instead I see people enjoying this show.

I consider it the weakest MCU show so far, but that's probably because I'm not the target demographic and I'm a little disturbed by the overabundance of "wearing a hijab is how I feel free as a woman" virtue signaling and the "Visit Pakistan!" advertising... I mean it's not the worst thing I've seen on TV but I liked the other shows better, couldn't really care less about what happens to the characters and I keep falling asleep during episodes (even during the goddamn chase) so that's not a good point for me.

Haven't seen this forum enjoying something with so much brown in it since Vanguard.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Clicked into this thread expecting torches and pitchforks and instead I see people enjoying this show.

I consider it the weakest MCU show so far, but that's probably because I'm not the target demographic and I'm a little disturbed by the overabundance of "wearing a hijab is how I feel free as a woman" virtue signaling and the "Visit Pakistan!" advertising... I mean it's not the worst thing I've seen on TV but I liked the other shows better, couldn't really care less about what happens to the characters and I keep falling asleep during episodes (even during the goddamn chase) so that's not a good point for me.

Haven't seen this forum enjoying something with so much brown in it since Vanguard.
I don't care a whole fuck about diversity in comics as long as the character makes sense and isn't just a racial/gender reboot. Who cares if she's Muslim, or Hindu, or Tibetan...

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm a little disturbed by the overabundance of "wearing a hijab is how I feel free as a woman" virtue signaling and the "Visit Pakistan!" advertising...

If it was wearing Lederhosen and traveling to Bavaria, would it make a difference ?

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Moon night was liquid dogshit.

• 1Seriously?