MTG: Arena

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Standard 2020 Event just updated:

Up to 3 wins and 2 losses allowed.
1st win - 50xp
2nd win - 150xp
3rd win - 250xp

Seems like a fucking great change. Wish it was like this from the beginning, but now I can level up to 100 before Sunday and save my sweet xp for the new league.

Save your XP? I was not aware that XP could be saved for the next event.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Save your XP? I was not aware that XP could be saved for the next event.

I just mean I wasn't going to play out my weekly wins until the 26th when the new expansion drops and the levels reset to 1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You guys remember how somehow Reanimator decks have been haunting me?

eld-82-the-cauldron-of-eternity.jpg

Yyyyyeah

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody still working on Mastery levels...

New Code: FiveBonusLevels

It works until the 25th.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Anybody still working on Mastery levels...

New Code: FiveBonusLevels

It works until the 25th.

God dammit. That is frustrating. I've been grinding some levels to make it to exactly 100 by Sunday and not waste any XP.

• 1Worf

Sterling

El Presidente
I hit 100 a week or so ago, but I bought the big package which had 10 levels baked in? wanted that sweet cat.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I tried again when they brought in the (slightly modified) mastery path, but the daily grinding required to do the track killed any hope of playing again. If I could confine my grinding to a day or two during the weekend, that'd be okay-ish. But that's impossible.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I'm a player "fortunate" enough to not have a job, and I still feel like it was hard to find enough time to hit level 100.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The FiveBonusLevels code really helped out. This game isn't for everyone but I found it pretty easy to meet the goal yesterday with an hour a day, 5-6 days a week. That's fairly casual for a hobby. I spent more time depending on what decks I wanted to play but the aggro options are varied and effective.The game is very generous and playing the free option isn't a hindrance to actually playing the game. Every game is set to reward frequent play more than infrequent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MTG Arena: State of the Game – September 2019

You deserve one of each card if you can pull 12 wins with only 1 loss. The attempt is free so certainly worth trying. I like how they really are taking forever for a complete friends UI. We get the list next month. I do not think I will go for the Mastery Pass this time. The fox is ho hum and I have my Cat now.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
MTG Arena: State of the Game – September 2019

You deserve one of each card if you can pull 12 wins with only 1 loss. The attempt is free so certainly worth trying. I like how they really are taking forever for a complete friends UI. We get the list next month. I do not think I will go for the Mastery Pass this time. The fox is ho hum and I have my Cat now.

It will be interesting to see how they sell the pass. Currently, it's 6 extra packs, 10 uncommons, and some meaningless bling. That's not really worth more than $5 based off their previous record of rewards.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i feel like the reason they released the FiveBonusLevels code was because they realized a lot of people were close to level 100 but might just barely miss it by the deadline. i know it was going to be close for me, at least.

i bet they change the Mastery rewards to be better for this next run. lots of fence sitters on special media when i've seen discussion on whether or not to get the pass next time, if they're paying attention then they'll try to tip them their direction.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

It will be interesting to see how they sell the pass. Currently, it's 6 extra packs, 10 uncommons, and some meaningless bling. That's not really worth more than $5 based off their previous record of rewards.

I thought that was just the extras in the first 25 levels. If that is the total amount of extras then there is no way that is worth it. This last pass was an extra 2,000 gems, 10,000 gold, 20 rares, 20 packs, and then extra cosmetics if you went all 1000 levels.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Yeah. I think all that has been 'linked' of the new pass is the first two pages or so. I believe it was datamined that it was up to 110 Levels this expansion as well? Which would make sense, as there is usually a bigger gap in the fall set to the next one.

I am torn between skipping doing Daily Quests/Wins to save the 15 XP-Ups for the new pass and missing out on the gold or doing it and missing out on the XP.

LiquidDeath

Yeah. I think all that has been 'linked' of the new pass is the first two pages or so. I believe it was datamined that it was up to 110 Levels this expansion as well? Which would make sense, as there is usually a bigger gap in the fall set to the next one.

I am torn between skipping doing Daily Quests/Wins to save the 15 XP-Ups for the new pass and missing out on the gold or doing it and missing out on the XP.

My plan for quests is to roll them all every day and save up the 750s for Thursday.

I'm also considering going to "Play" mode with a 1-cost loaded deck and just playing cards for the play "x" quests to get the gold. I haven't decide which yet.

Sterling

El Presidente

I you'd lose one daily quest all together, and 3 days of 750 gold from the 15 daily wins. If you're just min maxing and not sure you'd max the next pass then 4750 xp is probably worth more than 2750 gold. but honestly just play if you want to play none of that matters all that much.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
but honestly just play if you want to play none of that matters all that much.

Yeah as long as you're hitting 100 this season I don't think you've gotta worry about next season yet. They WANT people hitting level 100, people that don't hit level 100 are less likely to buy again in the future.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
WotC is resetting the weeklies and dailies on thursday anyway, so if you try to save it all you're not gaining anything, since everyone will just have it refreshed thursday morning.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users