MTG: Arena

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I've been playing WoW Classic for the past two weeks and hopped back in this week...and is it just me or has the speed of games dropped drastically?

I feel like games take twice as long to play now, lulz. So much milling, thinking, plotting, house-keeping, afk'ing, etc., etc., etc....

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That is even more of my problem. I've probably skipped a total of 6 to 8 daily quests in the whole three month period as well as completing every event and I'm going to wind up several thousand xp short of lvl 100. So not only am I a paying customer, I also play very frequently and yet it still feels like a punishment.

I feel for people who will hit 100 without any additional rewards available, but I'd prefer that to having to grind this shitty event for consecutive wins.

They still have two weeks left to provide a couple of events to help with your situation and maybe give a bit of extra gold too. I doubt they want to have too many unhappy people since I'm sure they will have another mastery set up for this expansion and future ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah i finally wrote to them, as if it will make a difference, but if enough people complain.

My key point was "This does not feel like a fun, exciting opportunity to catch up on earning XP: it's a boring, tedious grind to try and earn rewards I've already paid for."

Honestly, I could care less about the packs and gold: I want to have the alternate card styles.

• 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Rime

<Donor>
So, I've been playing WoW Classic for the past two weeks and hopped back in this week...and is it just me or has the speed of games dropped drastically?

I feel like games take twice as long to play now, lulz. So much milling, thinking, plotting, house-keeping, afk'ing, etc., etc., etc....

Between Simic Flash, Scape, and 3eferi Decks, Standard is aids right now, in my opinion. Hoping TED shakes it up some, but unlikely.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Ok which historic cards are a must craft before they turn to 2:1?

I think they noticed people have surpluses of wildcards.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Ok which historic cards are a must craft before they turn to 2:1?

I think they noticed people have surpluses of wildcards.

I imagine if you want to craft Historic stuff, the best stuff would be the dual lands. Nothing stands up to the test of time like a mana base.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Historic rip off will kill that play mode before it has a chance. That's a real pity because I think they've done a good job of cornering a good portion of this market. I don't have numbers, but Kripp, etc are not being watching in the massive numbers they once were. Hearthstone doesn't seem extremely healthy but maybe I'm just assuming. I could be completely wrong. I can't think of many healthy DCCGs and MTG has a chance to one up Hearthstone with a superior older card format. That won't happen if the cards are out of casual range from the beginning. I started around the beginning of Dom and am pretty casual. I don't have a huge number of the rarer cards from the older sets and probably never will at that cost. In comparison, I have most of the main cards released for the upcoming meta. I can't be the rare exception, can I?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
Nope. I joined with m19. I have almost all of the cards from 19/Guilds/Rav/War/20. But all I have from the 'older' sets are the random card rewards and the few I crafted to make specific decks.

If ANYTHING, they should remove the wildcard drops from the old sets/make it so they do not give gems/vault progress, then slash the cost of their packs.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm the same way. i joined at Ravnica. so i have nothing before it, except the lands for the decks I like to play, and the rares for those decks.
ill get all the lands and the 4th Jadelight ranger. I was winging it with 3 until now.

I think this is an all star list to must have.

jadelight ranger, vasrka's contempt, hostage taker, search for ascanta, treasure map, rekindeling phoenix, angrath, inmortal sun, bernalish marshal, history of bernalia, lyra, shalai, tempest dijin, wizard retort(honorable mention), eldest reborn, Goblin Chainwhirler, Wizard’s Lightning (get it now),Steel Leaf Champion , Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants .,Resplendent Angel, banefire, Vivien Reid , Nicol Bolas, the Ravager , Nicol Bolas, the Arisen

maybe not 4of each but some at least.

I think also a good suggestions is to think which cards will be survive on the different archetypes,

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm the same way. i joined at Ravnica. so i have nothing before it, except the lands for the decks I like to play, and the rares for those decks.
ill get all the lands and the 4th Jadelight ranger. I was winging it with 3 until now.

I think this is an all start list to must have.

jadelight ranger, vasrka's contempt, hostage taker, search for ascanta, treasure map, rekindeling phoenix, angrath, inmortal sun, bernalish marshal, history of bernalia, lyra, shalai, tempest dijin, wizard retort(honorable mention), eldest reborn, Goblin Chainwhirler, Wizard’s Lightning (get it now),Steel Leaf Champion , Teferi, Hero of Dominaria, Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants .,Resplendent Angel, banefire, Vivien Reid , Nicol Bolas, the Ravager , Nicol Bolas, the Arisen

maybe not 4of each but some at least

That's a really good starting list. The crazy thing is it forces you to use a lot of the rewards you want to use in Throne towards older sets. In a format that may end up not being supported well just like Wild in Hearthstone. There's about 8 Mythics, and 12 rares in that list above that I'd need if I played those type decks. That wouldn't leave a lot for Throne until much later unless they change their Historic plans.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I'm saving my wildcards to continue to compete in Standard instead of Historic. Part of that is because I really believe they are going to alter the way Historic cards can be crafted/acquired after the whole thing flops. Also, you have no idea which of these cards are going to be reprinted in future sets so unless you intend on playing Historic immediately then it is safer to wait.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm saving my wildcards to continue to compete in Standard instead of Historic. Part of that is because I really believe they are going to alter the way Historic cards can be crafted/acquired after the whole thing flops. Also, you have no idea which of these cards are going to be reprinted in future sets so unless you intend on playing Historic immediately then it is safer to wait.

Yeah, I am just planning to focus on Standard. I've seen enough of Papa Teferi. Still have to deal with 3feri.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Shocks are not rotating so don't need to craft them asap before rotation, but check lands are a must for historic

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

1568394745602.png

I for one am shocked and DID NOT see this coming....

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 222850

I for one am shocked and DID NOT see this coming....

I'd say the same thing but developers ignore their player base all the time. I'm glad they are making solid decisions so far. Another positive difference from Hearthstone.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I saw it coming, this was a way to test the waters and see what they could try and slip by.

Rime

<Donor>
Absolutely. It seems the outcry and the push for people 'not to pre-order until they change 2:1' may have caught their attention for once.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Absolutely. It seems the outcry and the push for people 'not to pre-order until they change 2:1' may have caught their attention for once.

Nope, this was always their "baseline" plan, just had to float more aggressive options and only retract as much as needed to shut up the spergs on Reddit.

They are 100% terrified of any kind of eternal format being popular and jeopardizing standard in any way, and always have been.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users