MTG: Arena

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
am I crazy or is it about 10 bucks to draft ravnica?

If you buy the 20k gems pack its 7.50 per draft, going 3-3 cuts the cost in half, at 4-3 you can go infinite. So if you can win half your games its about 4 bucks per draft. Not being able to cash in on rares that you get from drafting like on mtgo does hurt though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If you buy the 20k gems pack its 7.50 per draft, going 3-3 cuts the cost in half, at 4-3 you can go infinite. So if you can win half your games its about 4 bucks per draft. Not being able to cash in on rares that you get from drafting like on mtgo does hurt though.

ya i'll keep this as a doing the dailys game and draft once a week with gold, i'm not up to speed with the meta enough to win half my drafts consistantly. may actually make me pick up mtgo again, nice knowing I can sell/trade my shit to play new decks ect.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
they don't even accept gold for ravnica, only the other one

Oh they'll rotate again and Ravnica will be back for Gold as well.

The competitive constructed is pretty easy to keep playing non stop if you're good.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Show me your deck list with Dimir please.
As a note this is on my F2P account.

//Creatures (25):
1 Nezahal, Primal Tide
3 Ravenous Chupacabra
3 Twilight Prophet
3 Hostage Taker
3 Dimir Informant
3 Nightveil Sprite
3 Thoughtbound Phantasm
3 Whispering Snitch
3 House Guildmage

//Non-creature Spells (11):
3 Deadly Visit
3 Disinformation Campaign
3 Thought Erasure
2 Connive // Concoct

//Lands (24):
2 Drowned Catacomb
8 Island
8 Swamp
4 Dimir Guildgate
2 Watery Grave

If I had them I would replace the 2 Connive and 1 guildmage with 3 thief of sanity because they are brutal if unanswered.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
welp took a few days and five bucks but I remember why I quit mtgo, mouth breathers playing blue/x control that have to think for 3 fucken minutes about which spell to counter and which order to play/tap every fucking phase of the game

I have no problem playing against fast control players but holy shit, that's like finding a unicorn.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't use it since its an instant.

@ Kiroy Kiroy I am with you on that, slow players in general are annoying as fuck. Whole reason I'm playing a second game or watching something when I play mtga.
Oops. Thought it was Standard, not the event.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
The mirror matching is really odd. Multiple times in a row I'd switch decks and be matched with the same type deck I was playing.

On the slow people topic- fire up a teferi deck in the ladder and watch as the majority of people you play take forever just to fuck with you. Fuck slow people.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I do that if some control player running jeskai etc cant fast play. I just go make coffee or some shit, alt tab out etc and waste their time for being dicks. I mean if you are spending an hour to find your 1 win condition and painfully speculate for 1 min on every fucking move after the game is well in hand, you can go fuck yourself, Im going to now waste your day. You're not playing at Worlds asshat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Man, I want to dive into this game but I don't want to. How do you even do that? Where do you even start? Magic has like a 30 years worth of content and how much of that is in this game? It just seems so overwhelming.

I played a few games of it (red/blue burn deck) when I was a kid so I know the basic mechanics but that's it. I don't know how to draft, build decks, or pretty much everything you guys talk about.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Its just Standard for now, so the latest 5 sets. And you get starter decks, so you can try a few things see if anything grabs you, and build on it from there. Draft is a bit more tricky, but just jumping in to play some casual games is quick and fun.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Man, I want to dive into this game but I don't want to. How do you even do that? Where do you even start? Magic has like a 30 years worth of content and how much of that is in this game? It just seems so overwhelming.

I played a few games of it (red/blue burn deck) when I was a kid so I know the basic mechanics but that's it. I don't know how to draft, build decks, or pretty much everything you guys talk about.

Just play. It's easy af to pick up and you get lots of really decent precon decks, daily/weekly rewards, gold to spend on drafts etc. I have like a 60%-70% win rate just using slightly modified versions merfolk, mono black and various iterations of r/g/w dinos. I've spent about $20 ($5 new player package, $10 gems, $5 for the r/u & g/b deck codes) while I wait for Ixalan or some other interesting game mode to pop up so it's not like you need to blow cash if you aren't going for a specific deck to build instantly.